• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft lag together with sound echo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TheFriedFrog

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

Sometimes the sound and not the music in Minecraft starts to stutter or echo for a while, this occuring together with huge fps drops. It usually doesn't last long. I read in the Minecraft community forums that sound problems may be fixed by pressing f3 + s, but that doesn't solve my problem. I'm using Windows 7 ulitmate 64-bit btw. Once I disable both music and sound, the lag is completely solved. However, I would still like to have working sounds in minecraft.

If anyone else has experienced this, and/or know how to solve this problem, please let me know.

Register or log in to remove.

Xamio
    Xamio

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • Minecraft: Xamiostone

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

It's just lag.

Posted Image

TheFriedFrog

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for your quick response.
But no, it's not just a lag, it only occurs when you stand in certain spots of the map. And since I score 7.2 on windows classification index, I don't think it could be my hardware components not being sufficient enough to meet minecrafts requirements.

I took a few screenshots of the f3 menu graph in the bottom right corner http://imgur.com/E19Dr (left is normal, right is lag). I think it might be a problem with minecraft's audio mixer(?) My audio drivers are up to date though.

Anyone help?

niels
    niels

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3862 posts
  • Minecraft: niels

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

i had INSANE lag when i was playing Minecraft when i had a different proccesor
its just lag, your hardware may need replacing
Me on twitter :D

TheFriedFrog

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for your response.
I don't think that is the problem though, I have a i7 2600k; One of the most high-ending processors on the market.

floking1996

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

It may be what I had, I call it sound lag.

It happened to me because my sound card was retardedly crap but I found a fix for it:
>Goto run
>type: dxdiag
>go to the sound tab
>You will see a slider on the page
>Turn it down to basic acceleration or standard and it should fix it.

Hope this helps

TheFriedFrog

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

View Postfloking1996, on 10 December 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

It may be what I had, I call it sound lag.

It happened to me because my sound card was retardedly crap but I found a fix for it:
>Goto run
>type: dxdiag
>go to the sound tab
>You will see a slider on the page
>Turn it down to basic acceleration or standard and it should fix it.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your response. I tried it, but couldn't find a slider in the directx menu, maybe it's because I have windows 7 and your probably have xp (?).
I do think that your solution might work out though, just need to find a similar way to turn down acceleration.

floking1996

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

View PostTheFriedFrog, on 10 December 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

Thanks for your response. I tried it, but couldn't find a slider in the directx menu, maybe it's because I have windows 7 and your probably have xp (?).
I do think that your solution might work out though, just need to find a similar way to turn down acceleration.
I'm on xp but I'm pretty sure that it is the same for windows 7?
Did you make sure you were in the sound tab?
Oh wait, I just found out that it is only on xp! Sorry I csnt think of any way to turn the sound acceleration down any other way than that. :/

View Postfloking1996, on 11 December 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

I'm on xp but I'm pretty sure that it is the same for windows 7?
Did you make sure you were in the sound tab?
Oh wait, I just found out that it is only on xp! Sorry I csnt think of any way to turn the sound acceleration down any other way than that. :/

Ahh, I found this site, it might help you, if  not then i'm not sure what to do.   -     http://answers.micro...192-af4d4e10643

TortuousAugur
  • Minecraft: TortousAugur

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Has a fix to this problem been found yet? I've been experiencing this ever since I installed it on one of my laptops, but not when I was playing it on one of my mother's crappy laptops that could barely run the game...