Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

how can i get a better connection to a minecraft server????


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1

nhooven
    nhooven

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: nhooven

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:29 AM

Guys,

I really need help. How would I go about getting a better connection to a minecraft server, as the lag on it is unbelievable. I really need help to get a better connection, what should I do????!!!!! Please help me

Thnx guys

nhooven

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Jxw245
    Jxw245

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:31 AM

Is it only in multiplayer? Or singleplayer too? If it's both you probably just need a better computer (or just a better graphics card) if its multiplaer then you probably need better internet. Also make sure you don't have anything else using the internet while you play Minecraft that might help.
Posted Image

#3

nhooven
    nhooven

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: nhooven

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:32 AM

View PostJxw245, on 10 December 2011 - 04:31 AM, said:

Is it only in multiplayer? Or singleplayer too? If it's both you probably just need a better computer (or just a better graphics card) if its multiplaer then you probably need better internet. Also make sure you don't have anything else using the internet while you play Minecraft that might help.

its only on multiplayer, and my computer is new and pretty fast. i've never had connection issues before the 1.0.0 update, and all other tabs are closed at the time besides a video chat program.

#4

Syfaro
    Syfaro

    Retired Guru

  • Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

It might just be the server itself lagging.

Try another server, and see if that one lags too.

If they both lag, it might be your internet connection.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!


#5

nhooven
    nhooven

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: nhooven

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

View PostBadW0lf, on 10 December 2011 - 04:34 AM, said:

It might just be the server itself lagging.

Try another server, and see if that one lags too.

If they both lag, it might be your internet connection.

is there an easy way that you know of to connect better, for minecraft purposes?

#6

Syfaro
    Syfaro

    Retired Guru

  • Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

View Postnhooven, on 10 December 2011 - 04:36 AM, said:

is there an easy way that you know of to connect better, for minecraft purposes?

If you've got a fast enough computer, make a server on your own computer.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!