• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Nether Expansion [v0.3]

nether mod

• Please log in to reply
520 replies to this topic

Poll: shuold i make this smp ? (784 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of this mod?

1. Great (480 votes [62.75%])

Percentage of vote: 62.75%

2. Good (180 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Not bad (58 votes [7.58%])

Percentage of vote: 7.58%

4. Rubbish (13 votes [1.70%])

Percentage of vote: 1.70%

5. Incinerate now (34 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Nether_Expansion

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~News~

Updated to 1.1 this has a lot of fixes and a new mob Mogus more info will be on wiki soon i have also been working hard to get more stuff on the wiki i have got all the pages ready now but i just need to add more info to each

SMP poll is down now thanks for voting i will get started on SMP when i have finish up the SSP

I would love some help with the wiki so maybe if every one can add a bit of info it will be filled in know time i have been working hard to make it eseyer to add info and also adding images for all the blocks and items but this is the time that i could be coding and fixing bugs here the Wiki

V0.3 this fixes tool damages some gen fix also fixed the armor and some other stuff if i have mised any thing plz tell me and i will fix it for V0.4

I have now got all the source code up on the wiki for any one to look at and even edit if you know how to fix bugs but when you do edit it put a comment saying what you did so then i can add it to the mod also it is there to help other moders out there as a lot have helped me so thank you to you all heres a link to the Source code

-George Hill

~Basic Information~

This is a new/revamped/revived/recreated mod following on from The Nether Expansion mod which was created by Fish2 , with help from Scarecrowman, Flexo and many others. I have not heard from any of them for a long time so now I have decided to restart this mod with a mate of mine, his name is apillow14, Me (fish2) along with apillow14 made this account and we both will edit this post and give you updates on this mod. I also have a WIKI HERE for more info on all items and blocks. We did have coloured light at one point which, Flexo was working on, as he had a lot of knowledge in java and I don't have the skills to give the lighting but apillow14 is hoping soon to study java in university, so we might be in luck! This mod will use ModLoader, ModloaderMP and forge. This mod will add around 30-40 blocks without using any texture ids and also around 50-80 items without using texture id's, this will give it more compatibility with most other mods. It will also have 5-10 new mobs with different abilities and skills and maybe down the line we will get npc's.

Modder Group Credits:
Director/Concept/Coder: Fish2
Marketing Manager/Coder: Apillow14
Coder/bug fixer: ClumsyRecon
Pixel Art/Modelling: dann494
Modelling/Textures: Ndroid

Download links:
9/12/2011:- Nether Expansion Beta V0.1
18/1/2012:- Nether Expansion Beta V0.2
22/1/2012:- Nether Expansion Beta V0.3

The Wiki with more info

APIs needed to work
modloader
modloadermp
forge

~ Screenshots ~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

~Installation Guide~

1. Download Nether Expansion, modloader, modloadermp and forge
2. Start a clean minecraft.jar
3. Open up you minecraft.jar with winrar
4. Add all the files form modloader and modloadermp
5. Add forge
6. Add Nether Expansion files
7. Delete META-INF
8. Let hell begin!

Previews of upcoming features...

The Magman!
Posted Image
The new textures:
Spoiler:

Previous team members:

Concept/Coder/Lighting: Flexo
Coder: vdm859 (Z) (he worked on dungeons)
Coder: crimson_oni (he focused on the level gen)
Concept/Pixel Art/Top: Scarecrowman, AKA Zurich Antiock

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

PrimusThePrius
  • Minecraft: brutus12

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Wow.
This is going foward.
EPIC Mod!
[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com][img]http://www.minecraft...nners/banner_48

fish2
    fish2

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • Minecraft: Fish2

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

this is my personal account which was used on the original post but i have made a new one for a fresh start

check out my new wiki

http://www.the-fish-wiki.com/

KrissIsTheKiller
  • Minecraft: kokos71

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

looks new :rolleyes:

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

could you include Ssp or Smp in the title please thanks :D

Posted Image

Wow996
    Wow996

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Yes!! I've been wanting this to come out for a while now!

apillow14
  • Minecraft: ghill13

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

Hello, This is Apillow14, I am glad to be a part of this MOD, I would also like to announce the BETA release, please click download

JTFreeman99

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Will this mod actually use that many block ID's. Dang I may have to give up BC, IC2 when it updates, RP2 just to play it. Oh well I may try it sooner or later.
Posted Image

Mine_Gamer_Uruguay

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

How do you install it?
Support my custom map!  "Arena of the Gods" :
http://www.minecraft...na-of-the-gods/

CubeFelt
    CubeFelt

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

One little bug (or maybe two), when I break the glow sand block and it falls because of gravity, it assumes the appearance of a wooden plank block, then it turns back to being glow sand. The second possible bug is that the grimwood leaves don't disappear and when you destroy it, it yields a grimwood leaf block like shears would do. I'm enjoying the mod so far  :)

edit: workbenches don't seem to work, and the chest bug is already listed but is still a pain in the ass

Nether_Expansion

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

View PostCubeFelt, on 09 December 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

One little bug (or maybe two), when I break the glow sand block and it falls because of gravity, it assumes the appearance of a wooden plank block, then it turns back to being glow sand. The second possible bug is that the grimwood leaves don't disappear and when you destroy it, it yields a grimwood leaf block like shears would do. I'm enjoying the mod so far  :)

edit: workbenches don't seem to work, and the chest bug is already listed but is still a pain in the ass
ok i will get these fixed tomorrow

tahnks

Posted Image

kzl4znboii
  • Location: Tap-dancing on your corpse with my snazzy new watch.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

Stepping on frost ,at least in the overworld, crashes the game. I use TMI if frost is actually unimplemented for now.
Posted Image
Welcome to the internet. Would you like a cookie?

jmaster888
  • Minecraft: jmaster888
  • Xbox:jmaster888

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

Nice i've been waiting for this :)
I've been walking through and I noticed a few things. First off about the corruption stone, I think it should blend in better with netherrack. I was hoping the netherrack was going to be a sort of nether equivalent to dirt and corrupt stone to stone. also I hope you guys keep the old concept with the ash plateaus full with grimwood trees and netherrack valleys. As it is now things are just thrown to eachother. Also the new armors aren't wearable and shooting with the new bow, will shoot the arrow backwards hitting the player as a result. The ore generation is kinda shitty too, Popping black iron all over the surface. Now ofcourse this is a very early BETA release and further I love it :)
keep it on going. oh and btw I think you should never let any corrupt stone generate next to lava since in one of the lore stuff at the op mentioned that corruptstone feels cold and I think it's out of placfe next to lava. I also think the ash/bonedust should get abit of a darker tint. Oh and the placed skulls are invisible. further good luck!

Posted Image

Nether_Expansion

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

View Postjmaster888, on 09 December 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

Nice i've been waiting for this :)
I've been walking through and I noticed a few things. First off about the corruption stone, I think it should blend in better with netherrack. I was hoping the netherrack was going to be a sort of nether equivalent to dirt and corrupt stone to stone. also I hope you guys keep the old concept with the ash plateaus full with grimwood trees and netherrack valleys. As it is now things are just thrown to eachother. Also the new armors aren't wearable and shooting with the new bow, will shoot the arrow backwards hitting the player as a result. The ore generation is kinda shitty too, Popping black iron all over the surface. Now ofcourse this is a very early BETA release and further I love it :)
keep it on going. oh and btw I think you should never let any corrupt stone generate next to lava since in one of the lore stuff at the op mentioned that corruptstone feels cold and I think it's out of placfe next to lava. I also think the ash/bonedust should get abit of a darker tint. Oh and the placed skulls are invisible. further good luck! :)
ok thank you very much

i will start getting all the bugs fixed then i will start adding things like the ash plateaus

Posted Image

jmaster888
  • Minecraft: jmaster888
  • Xbox:jmaster888

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

More bugs: black iron block and infernum is transpirant, Soulglass allows you to look thorugh gravel and other blocks that are placed directly next to it, when you chop down a grimwood door it drops a normal door, falling Bone dust block looks like bedrock and the new food doesnt 'heal' the hunger bar nor the rotten porfender flesh poisons you.
Also just a suggestion :), make netherbrick craftable from corruptionrock en give corruption rock the same cool dark tint so it also looks more cold.

Posted Image

ClumsyRecon
  • Location: I am not behind you... I swear... Wait I'm under you <(^-^)>
  • Minecraft: Jun117

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

Glad to see you're going weel Fish2.

I could help you fix the bugs just by reading I know what they are(I to once experienced those).

Thanks
Clumsy
Posted Image

DanCraft
    DanCraft

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

Hm, you should add screenshots on here, but it seems legit.

Posted Image

skudrebel
  • Minecraft: skulledrebel
  • Xbox:SS Lyonardo

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

If you do this for SMP, make the attempt to go with Bukkit. Of course that version will rely on other Bukkit plugins that allow it to work but in my opinion it would be very well worth it. I used this mod (I think) back in 1.7 and have always loved it! d:

Posted Image

My name is skulledrebel, "skudrebel" is a typo.

ClumsyRecon
  • Location: I am not behind you... I swear... Wait I'm under you <(^-^)>
  • Minecraft: Jun117

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

View PostDanCraft, on 10 December 2011 - 12:38 AM, said:

Hm, you should add screenshots on here, but it seems legit.
This mod has been released seperately by different people who have added all there stuff together.
Fish2's Nether Mod
Nether Enhanced
And another that I have forgotten.
Posted Image

xSoul
    xSoul

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

This sounds great :3