Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to put pictures on forum post! SIMPLE

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

2dayipwnedu
  • Minecraft: 2dayipwnedu

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

Okay so I've seem a lot of new people to minecraft forums that didn't know how to put pictures on their posts.. so here is a short tutorial on how you do it!

For example, I want to show my new minecraft world for x reasons.. Well it's going to be showing just like this :

Posted Image

1. Obviously ^^ .. Make sure you have a picture!
2. When you have your image, you're going to need a image sharing website(ex.yfrog, tinypic).
3. When you choose your sharing website,(I personally use tinypic)click on "Browse.." and select your image then press "OK" to apply the selection.
4. You're going to have 3 options : Image, Video and URL. check Image.
5. When Image is checked and that you're sure of the selection, press " UPLOAD NOW! ".
6. You are going to have to enter a Gaptcha code that is going to look a bit like this :

Posted Image

7. When you entered correctly, just press " UPLOAD NOW! ".
8. Press the " Click here " thing to access to the image link
9. Then copy the link bellow " IMG code for forums & message boards " it should look a bit like this :
Posted Image
10. Finally, paste the code in the post and make you copied it completely.
11. Before posting, preview your post and check for errors.
12. If everything seems perfect, you can finally Post it ! ;)

I hope I helped some forum's beginner and maybe leave some feedback ;D ?

Also! I has youtube.. www.youtube.com/user/w00tminecraft

A other sharing website suggested by badw0lf : www.imgur.com ! ( thnx :D )

For this website.. well I guess you guys can figure it out there's 3 options :

1. Select form your computer
2. Drag and Drop on the website's page
3. Enter the URL in the website's option

Edited by 2dayipwnedu, 09 December 2011 - 02:41 AM.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DrRedstoner
  • Minecraft: DrRedstoner

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

This should be a sticky thread.

Posted Image  
Build a noob a fire and he is warm for a day.

Set a noob on fire and you are warm for about five minutes, but it is much more satisfying

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

Use imgur.com

It's by far the best.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

2dayipwnedu

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

View PostBadW0lf, on 09 December 2011 - 02:34 AM, said:

Use imgur.com

It's by far the best.

Posted Image

Sushiirull
  • Minecraft: Sushiirull

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

Yes, it should be stickied.

I personally use Photobucket... but it kinda sucks.

Oys
    Oys

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1750 posts
  • Minecraft: Oys

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:18 AM

Good work on the tutorial :)

Der Tontai Lama
  • Minecraft: Der_Tontai_Lama

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

It can't really be that hard to post a picture.

Also, I'm pretty sure there has been multiple other tutorials like this one, but they didn't get stickied, so I don't think this will.

2dayipwnedu

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

View PostOys, on 09 December 2011 - 05:18 AM, said:

Good work on the tutorial :)

View PostDer Tontai Lama, on 09 December 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

It can't really be that hard to post a picture.

Also, I'm pretty sure there has been multiple other tutorials like this one, but they didn't get stickied, so I don't think this will.

You're right, it is not hard to put a image at all but some people still don't get it so this is why I made this tutorial specially for the Homies Unite mod where you have to put your skin in a post to get added to it and a LOT of people had problem uploading theirs.

Also, I know it wont be stickied and I never said it would be or could be but still it would be nice for a first post huh?
Posted Image

ceesharp
    ceesharp

Out of the Water

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

As a hosting site, you can use mine: www.sharemycoolstuff.com  :lol:

I often have the need to host a picture file on the web for later use in a forum post, blog answer, etc… As I can’t be bothered using picasa, flickr and the likes, I put together www.sharemycoolstuff.com

It’s free, it has no ads, it’s anonymous and you can have your picture hosted in 3 clicks. Feel free to use it to host your screenshots, photos and any image you need to have published on the web.

Enjoy!

jpark217
    jpark217

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Minecraft: jpark217

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

i've been on the forums for ages and only just now realised how to do it. thanks!Posted Image
come to the hardcore server. mc.hcserver.com

Tankman261
  • Minecraft: sonicadam11

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

thesupergamer007

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

is this how you get the picture to appear under every post you make? like the thing the person above has with the boats?
qoute me so i know you replied please
Spoiler:

VCtheDerp

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Postthesupergamer007, on 05 November 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

is this how you get the picture to appear under every post you make? like the thing the person above has with the boats?

What you're thinking about is the signature. To find the options for signature, go to your profile, press the green 'Edit my profile' button on the top right, and press 'Signature' from the options on the left side. Once there, use the same method to upload images (while bearing the instructions for images for the signature in mind), however, put the code in the empty space under the instructions, and save it. The image should appear under every post of yours after this.

If you have any problems with it, just quote me, and tell me the problem. Alternatively, just PM me.

Posted Image

Quote me if you'd like a response. || Rules are over here if you don't know them.

Posted Image

Minecraftismything

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostVCtheDerp, on 06 November 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

What you're thinking about is the signature. To find the options for signature, go to your profile, press the green 'Edit my profile' button on the top right, and press 'Signature' from the options on the left side. Once there, use the same method to upload images (while bearing the instructions for images for the signature in mind), however, put the code in the empty space under the instructions, and save it. The image should appear under every post of yours after this.

If you have any problems with it, just quote me, and tell me the problem. Alternatively, just PM me.
I am having the same issue. I used a website and used the directions on this post, for my signature, and it appeared blank. I tried it again and it said that I already had two images. Do you mind helping?
Posted Image
Click to help
a baby dragon out!

VCtheDerp

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostMinecraftismything, on 11 March 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

I am having the same issue. I used a website and used the directions on this post, for my signature, and it appeared blank. I tried it again and it said that I already had two images. Do you mind helping?

Sure. What are you trying to add to your signature?

Posted Image

Quote me if you'd like a response. || Rules are over here if you don't know them.

Posted Image