• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Player finder/locator mod?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TheEpicLobster

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

I was wondering if there was anyway to make a mod where you can type someone's name and it will tell you their coordinates? Just curious. Also, Is there any mod like the info mod from zombe's modpack that will show nearby players, but adjust the position or something? (Rei's minimap is in the way of player finder and info mod is too big...)

Register or log in to remove.

Mr.Quentonious
  • Minecraft: Quentonious

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, tp to them, /getpos.

Manuelsi
    Manuelsi

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • Minecraft: Manuelschi

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

it could be done, i think...but it'd need to have the player inside the visible range.
i mean:not all information is given to the player...just what is on their reach...if the player is close enough, a mod could spot them and give coords

dmratcliffe
  • Minecraft: dmratcliffe

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

I have created this in my modded client but i gave up and went to real modding
Posted Image
Sig done by me, Avatar made by karius101.

RedSkyez
    RedSkyez

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Minecraft: RedSkyez

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

i want one too
Posted Image

8_year_old

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostLegendaryboy, on 25 December 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

i want one too

I want this as well. I'm even offering payment to anyone who can fulfill my request. My thread is over here >> http://www.minecraft...-player-finder/

schoolboy
  • Minecraft: xschoolboyx

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Tell your server owner to get a dynamic map. Solved.

Posted Image

8_year_old

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

Here's the link to Dynamic Map if anyone's interested: http://forums.bukkit...s-1-0-1-r1.489/

It's late where I am, but I'll check it out later. While not exactly what I was looking for, it may be a good alternative, plus it's kind of cool to have a map of the server :)

Hey schoolboy, do you know if you need to set limits to the size of the map on the server in order to use this mod? Or can you allow minecraft to go infinitely in all directions and still use it?

mister_eeyep
  • Minecraft: mister_ee
  • Xbox:Fusionmisteree

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

speaking of locating players...is there anyway how I can find a player and see what server he/she is on?
THE POTATO ARMY WILL RISE ONCE MORE AND RULE THE LAND

delta_drone

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yes Someone needs to make a mod for Multiplayer and a way so it won't be spoted in a pluggin. Because some servers you can't tp because it's Pvp

TheAntiSquid

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

It's with Essentials I think. type /getpos (name) I BELIVE may be wrong but it's still a command look up some stuff on it

View Postmister_eeyep, on 21 March 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

speaking of locating players...is there anyway how I can find a player and see what server he/she is on?
I'm looking for the same thing
Posted Image

kalskiratta

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

we need a mod, essentials commands are easily locked an PVP servers (which are where most people would use this) never get dynamic map. people wanna track down traitors or raiders.

waterlubber

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Don't mean to necro, but still, if you crash MC, in the report are the coords of every player. It's one of those "it's a bug, not a feature" kind of things. Easily abuseable, just make a really poorly coded mod.
Posted Image

comdude2
    comdude2

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 369 posts
  • Minecraft: comdude2

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

View Postwaterlubber, on 23 March 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Don't mean to necro, but still, if you crash MC, in the report are the coords of every player. It's one of those "it's a bug, not a feature" kind of things. Easily abuseable, just make a really poorly coded mod.

At the time of the question being asked, this wasn't a feature.
[Warden] comdude2

Teamspeak 3 Server running for behind bars - Address: teamspeak.infectious-gaming.org Password: vg