Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to Install ModLoader! IT WORKS!


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: How to Install ModLoader! IT WORKS! (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Did this help?

  1. Yes (12 votes [37.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 37.50%

  2. No (15 votes [46.88%])

    Percentage of vote: 46.88%

  3. A little bit (5 votes [15.62%])

    Percentage of vote: 15.62%

Does ModLoader and TooManyItems work now?

  1. Yes (15 votes [46.88%])

    Percentage of vote: 46.88%

  2. No (17 votes [53.12%])

    Percentage of vote: 53.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Hello All!

Many people have been having trouble with ModLoader installation. Here are the steps that I believe will make it all work.


Windows:
0. Check if you have Java 1.6+. If you don't, ModLoader WILL NOT RUN. Upgrade your Java. http://java.com/inc/...1.jsp?locale=en
1. Open new Windows Explorer window and in the navigation bar at the top, type in %appdata%
2. Now open the Roaming folder.
3. Backup saves and entire .minecraft folder to Desktop.
4. Delete original .minecraft folder.
5. Open Minecraft launcher. Login and it will start re-downloading the .minecraft folder.
6. Close Minecraft when it is done get ModLoader and minecraft.jar open in 7Zip or WinRAR.
7. Copy all of the contents of ModLoader into minecraft.jar and replace. Delete META-INF.
8. Launch Minecraft and see if it works. It did for me and it should for you.
9. You can now safely install any of risugami's mods, and they should work.
10. Install Too Many Items by copying all the files in the zip into minecraft.jar and launch Minecraft. Again, it worked for me and it should work for you.

Mac:
0. Check if you have Java 1.6+. If you are using Mac OS 10.5 Leopard or below, you need to upgrade to Snow Leopard or Lionto get Java 1.6. If you don't, ModLoader WILL NOT RUN. Upgrade your Java. http://java.com/inc/...1.jsp?locale=en
1. Open new Finder window and press command-shift-G. In the dialogue box type in /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/minecraft
2. Backup saves and entire minecraft folder to Desktop.
3. Delete original minecraft folder.
4. Open Minecraft launcher. Login and it will start re-downloading the minecraft folder.
5. Close Minecraft when it is done get ModLoader and minecraft.jar (from /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin) open with The Unarchiver or Archive Utility.
6. Rename the unzipped minecraft folder to minecraft.jar.
7. Copy all of the contents of ModLoader into minecraft.jar and replace. Delete META-INF.
8. Launch Minecraft and see if it works. It did for me and it should for you.
9. You can now safely install any of risugami's mods, and they should work.
10. Install Too Many Items by copying all the files in the zip into minecraft.jar and launch Minecraft. Again, it worked for me and it should work for you.


If you don't have Java 1.6, haven't deleted META-INF or use a bad zipping program (like JZip), this won't work!

Hope this helped! :)
Please ask questions BELOW.
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Jacknos123
  • Location: I don't know, you tell me
  • Minecraft: Jacknos123

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

thanks, sometimes it doesnt work when i try to install modloader. thanks for the help!  ;)
Wanna have a staring contest?

#3

Dinahkiin
    Dinahkiin

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2270 posts
  • Location: Uhm. Inside you?

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Doesn't Risugami's thread tell you all of this?

Posted Image


#4

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

View PostJacknos123, on 08 December 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

thanks, sometimes it doesnt work when i try to install modloader. thanks for the help!  ;)

Just follow the instructions and it should work. Did you delete Meta-inf? Have you got Java 1.6?
Thanks for saying thanks! :)

View PostDinaDiamonds, on 08 December 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

Doesn't Risugami's thread tell you all of this?

Sort of, but lots of ppl r having trouble.
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#5

Oryon007
    Oryon007

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location: West Coast, USA
  • Minecraft: Oryon007
  • Xbox:Oryon007

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'm running Oracle's Java 1.7....is that going to cause an issue? It didn't seem to cause issues in his 1.8.1 release..... :(

#6

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

View PostOryon007, on 08 December 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

I'm running Oracle's Java 1.7....is that going to cause an issue? It didn't seem to cause issues in his 1.8.1 release..... :(

No it shouldn't. As long as the Java version is 1.6 or above. Have you tried it? Tell me if it works or not. I'm curious!
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#7

Ojojida
    Ojojida

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

View PostXENiXON, on 08 December 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

No it shouldn't. As long as the Java version is 1.6 or above. Have you tried it? Tell me if it works or not. I'm curious!

Actually with MC 1.0.0 you should update to 1.7 and its backwards compatable.
Posted Image

#8

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

View PostOjojida, on 08 December 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

Actually with MC 1.0.0 you should update to 1.7 and its backwards compatable.

OK. Thanks for that! :)
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#9

pwrocks5648
  • Minecraft: pwrocks5648

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:55 AM

do u have nay idea how much i now lost? I LOST 99% OF MY FUCKING WORLDS AND IT WAS SO HARD TO BUILD ALL THAT SHIT!
Posted Image  
Spoiler:

#10

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

View Postpwrocks5648, on 09 December 2011 - 05:55 AM, said:

do u have nay idea how much i now lost? I LOST 99% OF MY FUCKING WORLDS AND IT WAS SO HARD TO BUILD ALL THAT SHIT!

Now this, people, is why I said to BACKUP YOUR WORLDS AND .MINECRAFT FOLDER.
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#11

JohnAnthony795

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

Would be a good thing to add that OS X 10.5 does not update to Java 1.6.

Mac-users need to get Snow Leopard.

#12

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

View PostJohnAnthony795, on 09 December 2011 - 06:35 AM, said:

Would be a good thing to add that OS X 10.5 does not update to Java 1.6.

Mac-users need to get Snow Leopard.

Thank-you. Yes, I forgot that bit!
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#13

Wrathfury10
  • Location: By a river with iron and coal.
  • Minecraft: Wrathfury10

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

When I load it up, it says this:

(I put the portal gun mod as instructed into the mod folder and the resources)

Minecraft has crashed! If you would like to report this then-

Mineceaft closes too fast, can't read the rest...
Posted Image I dare you.

#14

Tllc
    Tllc

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Whenever I install Modloader into the .jar it freezes at the "Mojang" splash screen and gives me this error code:

OS: Ubuntu 11.10
tllc@ubuntu:~$ 27 achievements
174 recipes
Setting user: ***********, *****************
Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ModLoader
	at wb.<init>(wb.java:76)
	at wb.<clinit>(wb.java:9)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:644)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ModLoader
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
	... 5 more

[1]+  Done					java -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp /usr/local/games/minecraft/minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

Works just fine when I go back to the original .jar.
http://goo.gl/ACK5V
98% of the teen population are able to walk without running into walls, post this if you are part of the 2% that can't.Posted Image

#15

hurricaneike123

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

ya thanks for the help... :steve_rage: :steve_rage: :( :( :( :(

ya thanks for the help...  :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful:     :( :( :( :(
Someday you will learn to fly, or your gonna miss the ground

#16

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

View PostWrathfury10, on 09 December 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

When I load it up, it says this:

(I put the portal gun mod as instructed into the mod folder and the resources)

Minecraft has crashed! If you would like to report this then-

Mineceaft closes too fast, can't read the rest...

i can't seem to download the portal gun mod for 1.0.0. What version of minecraft? What version of Java?
This instructional is for 1.0.0 only.

View Posthurricaneike123, on 10 December 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

ya thanks for the help... :steve_rage: :steve_rage: :( :( :( :(

ya thanks for the help...  :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful: :( :( :( :(

so this helped or not?
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#17

deathlyangel47

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

View Posthurricaneike123, on 10 December 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

ya thanks for the help... :steve_rage: :steve_rage: :( :( :( :(

ya thanks for the help...  :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful: :steve_tearful:     :( :( :( :(
Where do u get the animated Steve's?

#18

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

View Postdeathlyangel47, on 10 December 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

Where do u get the animated Steve's?

when ur in the editor click the smiley face, then in the box that pops up on the side click show all. then scroll to the bottom
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#19

XENiXON
    XENiXON

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

View PostTllc, on 09 December 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Whenever I install Modloader into the .jar it freezes at the "Mojang" splash screen and gives me this error code:

OS: Ubuntu 11.10
tllc@ubuntu:~$ 27 achievements
174 recipes
Setting user: ***********, *****************
Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ModLoader
	at wb.<init>(wb.java:76)
	at wb.<clinit>(wb.java:9)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:644)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ModLoader
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
	... 5 more

[1]+  Done					java -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp /usr/local/games/minecraft/minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

Works just fine when I go back to the original .jar.

I don't have Linux or Ubuntu to test this sorry! :(
Posted Image

An  a day keeps Windows away!


#20

Goddess
    Goddess

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:    THANK U SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! The Aether now works!! Heres for ur problems! :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :iapprove: