• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Penalty for death

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Marsunpaisti

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

I though that when people are inventing these cool escape tunnels and stuff in their houses, are they even really needed? If any kind of penalty for death isn't added people probably wont even build escape tunnels and such if the only thing they save by not dying is their inventory. In my opinion Notch should add some hardcore mode or something so that when you die you dont just simply respawn but instead die permanently / for a certain time they don't get to play, or maybe get some kind of a way to make people not just go and have revenge on the guy that killed them making it some kind of retarded deathmatch, but instead there should  be kind of like a "new life" for the guy that dies so that the house he built isnt his anymore and that he couldnt just go to his hidden chest to grab a sword and have revenge on his killer. People should be "terrified" of dying and thus weighing to make people consider escape mechanisms for their houses and fortresses instead of just going "Oh, I died. Should probably head back to my house to get some items and attack my killer".

Discuss.

Register or log in to remove.

iKickHobbits

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

Agreed, I do think there should be more penalty for death.

However, even if there were some sort of 'weight' to deciding to blast someone or not I know there are those (read: me) that would just sit on a hill and pop people off with my bow and arrow instead of wasting time crafting homes and all that.

But still, I do think there should be some sort of penalty for death. Just not the new-life idea.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Looking for a great server to play on? Wanna spread the word about your server?
Posted Image

Check out my YouTube Channel. Lots of TNT, Lots of Pigs... mmm Bacon!
iKickHobbit's Channel

Munsie
    Munsie

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

If you check Notch's blog today you'll see the idea of a 'hardcore' mode is a possible reality. It'd be interesting to see how it works in SMP though.
Wondercraft SMP! wondercraft.ca! All are welcome.
Dedicated VPS, 30 slots, 24/7 uptime and a great community!
Runs Runecraft, Llama, hMod and many plugins. :)

Piejamas
    Piejamas

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1081 posts
  • Minecraft: Piejamas

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

Just like how the only way to win Minecraft is by getting a sense of achievement, the only way to lose Minecraft is a sense of being defeated. People don't wanna lose.
('w')b