• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do i get access to all commands in permissions bukkit?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Wileerules999

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Hi, I need to get access to all the commands in permissions bukkit, Anybody know how? Im running bukkit for 1.8.1 with permissions bukkit, Im using crafty as the console.

Mario said:

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.
Click my eggs or they will die :(. My poor eggs!

Register or log in to remove.

Jjrage
    Jjrage

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Minecraft: Jjrage

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

You dont really understand permissions, permissions doesnt give you commands, it allow you to give other people the ability to use certain commands you get from other mods

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

- '*' will give access to all the commands for every plugin. Some permissions will give its own commands, so the above is incorrect in that it is only to give commands. Perms can include their own commands, take for example GroupManager, but it depends on the permission plugin that you use.

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image

bradh233
  • Minecraft: Mrprimal

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

make yourself op if your running the serer of your pc look in the op.txt and put your username in there and you have all commands then you can award commands
Brad Hunter
Managing Director NinjaNode
Https://NinjaNode.com
Director's Email : [email protected]

TRJizzus
    TRJizzus

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

what he said will work or if you don't want to do that you can just do the name of the plugin like
essentials.*
worldedit.* or whatever will give all the commands in that

Wileerules999

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

Hey guys i figured the problem myself, I had to use /permissions group setperm Owner * true and that gives a group or player access to all commands.

Mario said:

penguinbio8
  • Minecraft: penguinbio8

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

the server says you need essentials.kit permission what do i do????

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

View Postpenguinbio8, on 16 December 2011 - 09:17 PM, said:

the server says you need essentials.kit permission what do i do????

give the group that perm

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image

RoboLizard

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

If you are talking about the PermissionsBukkit plugin by itself giving the node * does absolutely nothing. give yourself "permissions.*: true" and you should be able to use all ranking commands like /perm player setgroup <player> <group>. However you must look up the nodes for each plugin you add. For example if you have Essentials giving the node "essentials.*: true" would give all essentials nodes and commands associated

Wileerules999

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

View PostRoboLizard, on 17 December 2011 - 04:26 AM, said:

If you are talking about the PermissionsBukkit plugin by itself giving the node * does absolutely nothing. give yourself "permissions.*: true" and you should be able to use all ranking commands like /perm player setgroup <player> <group>. However you must look up the nodes for each plugin you add. For example if you have Essentials giving the node "essentials.*: true" would give all essentials nodes and commands associated
Actually, In permsbukkit just using the * symbol gives you every command, Also i told everybody before i already solved this.

Mario said:

RoboLizard

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

View PostWileerules999, on 19 December 2011 - 12:26 AM, said:

Actually, In permsbukkit just using the * symbol gives you every command, Also i told everybody before i already solved this.

Like I said before, this is only the case with PermissonsBukkit ALONE, you obviously didnt read right on the PermissionsBukkit page:

Bukkit's Superperms has no built-in concept of a global '*' node that automatically gives all permissions,
You are either thinking of another permissions plugin OR have a plugin that adds in that funtionality to permissionsbukkit, as there are several that do. All I said was for permissionsbukkit alone not having a * node by itself. There are however plugin specific * nodes like essentials.* and superperms.* and permissions.* IF the plugin dev specifies them. Sorry for any confusion.

Wileerules999

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:54 AM

View PostRoboLizard, on 19 December 2011 - 05:35 AM, said:

Like I said before, this is only the case with PermissonsBukkit ALONE, you obviously didnt read right on the PermissionsBukkit page:

You are either thinking of another permissions plugin OR have a plugin that adds in that funtionality to permissionsbukkit, as there are several that do. All I said was for permissionsbukkit alone not having a * node by itself. There are however plugin specific * nodes like essentials.* and superperms.* and permissions.* IF the plugin dev specifies them. Sorry for any confusion.
On my server the * symbol gives you access to every command, Maybe not on a different permissions plugins, But on permissionsbukkit the * symbol gives you everything.

Mario said:

CreeperSlicer
  • Minecraft: PhoenixRealm

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yes, just typing in "/permissions group setperm {group} *" will give that specific group all commands.
Tisk Tisk. Ignore that creeperslicer up there, will you? My name's PhoenixRealm, and I'm a fluffy orange cat. <3

Rogify
    Rogify

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

http://pastebin.com/yury20jj

I got an error, when i try to do /register it just does say you dont have permission for that. Also, there's many other plugins that doesnt work because that. Is everything okay? ^^
BTW im using PEX