LEGO® and Minecraft - Together?
LEGO® is working on an exciting new project, LEGO® CUUSOO - and Mojang is getting in on it! The idea behind the project is simple - come up with an idea for a LEGO® model and submit it to the project. If entrants get 10,000 or more supporters of their idea, then it has a chance of becoming a full-fledged LEGO® product! Mojang has entered into this project, and you can support them - head over to the site, sign up, and vote for Mojang - and we may begin to see authentic Minecraft-themed LEGO® sets in the near future! Mojang noted that they have included a number of LEGO® enthusiasts to design sets with them, and are interested in seeing yours as well! Supporters with great ideas may be invited to join them in their collaborative efforts, to be a part of their efforts.
Want to help design LEGO® models with Mojang? Want to show your support? Head on over and vote now!
The Future of Minecraft - Pocket Edition
Daniel Kaplan recently elaborated on the future of Minecraft - Pocket Edition, amid speculation regarding future updates, fixes and more. He noted that one of the earliest priorities during the release of the iOS version was ensuring the stability of the game, which temporarily suspended updates on the Android version. However, as the last major update for the iOS version prepares to roll out, Daniel has shared that one of the first things they plan to work on is a version of Survival Mode for Pocket Edition. While it will not be a point-for-point carry-over of the desktop Survival Mode - which isn't conducive to a touch-screen environment - he provided the following itinerary for future updates:
- A new file system – to make sure we can support items and mobs in the world
- Item system – to be able to pick up items
- Crafting – This will probably need some iterations since the interface will be customized for the touch devices
- Inventory system
- Mobs – animals and enemies!
- Optimizing rendering code – we are experimenting with caves but need to make it work better before we are able to release it
- Clean up of code and overall optimization
- Please note that we don’t have any dates set yet. Also, please make sure you update your phone/pods to the latest version of your operating system for best compatability.
No release dates are currently available; however, Daniel strongly recommends keeping portable devices patched to the most recent version, to ensure best compatibility. We will announce any release dates as the information becomes available - check in frequently!
Bukkit Panel Revisited
Not long ago, we brought you an insider's look into the Bukkit panel at Minecon. Today, we have a high-quality remake of the panel - complete with enhanced audio - check it out!