• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.7] Power Craft factory mod

power craft mining mod machine redstone factory logic gates automation programming mightypork

• Please log in to reply
4926 replies to this topic

Darkhog
    Darkhog

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I don't think it would make conveyors useless, as:
1. It would work only for mobs/players
2. Sometimes it is cooler to see things moving on conveyors rather than teleporting them instantly.

Also Minecart/harvester isn't good example as teleporters would be instant travels opposite to long travels on tracks.
Programmer isn't supposed to have a life. Programmer is supposed to program. If he can't devote every second of his life to code, he doesn't deserve to be programmer. Yeah, that was for you, Necro and others who didn't update their mods unless new MC update made your mod obsolete.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Blackanimal

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

hi i like your mod Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
BUT PLEASE MAKET SMP COMPATIBLE

TheJeremail
  • Minecraft: TheJeremail

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Working on SMP... :D

Mattyh2k1

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

It would be cool if you had another pulsar that could be activated by say a mob detector (for flashing lights)!
Dude! check out my server! http://www.planetmin...new-epic-craft/

Darkhog
    Darkhog

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I think spawner control gate has such option, but I'm unsure.
Programmer isn't supposed to have a life. Programmer is supposed to program. If he can't devote every second of his life to code, he doesn't deserve to be programmer. Yeah, that was for you, Necro and others who didn't update their mods unless new MC update made your mod obsolete.
Posted Image

MightyPork
    MightyPork

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostDarkhog, on 12 April 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Also Minecart/harvester isn't good example as teleporters would be instant travels opposite to long travels on tracks.

this method does not use tracks - its wireless, the harvester can harvest minecart in quite a good range (across a wally for example), and teleport it on the opposite end with it's contents (player etc.). I think it does not work for Chest cart.

And with some belts (instead of tracks, redirectors, player detectors and such things, it can be automatic and bidirectional.
Posted Image

Darkhog
    Darkhog

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Well, but it'll be cool if there will be dedicated teleport block. Because your method even if it works (didn't test it) doesn't solve teleporting e.g. underground. With clever systems of teleports, you would never be lost again in caves, if you have at least one teleporter with you.
Posted Image

000dante000

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

OMG THIS PWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wanna join SoulCraft? Go to my Profile?

MightyPork
    MightyPork

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostDarkhog, on 13 April 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Well, but it'll be cool if there will be dedicated teleport block. Because your method even if it works (didn't test it) doesn't solve teleporting e.g. underground. With clever systems of teleports, you would never be lost again in caves, if you have at least one teleporter with you.

Okay, so make it clear:
  • Teleporter does not have to face the opposite piece
  • Teleporters have unique names
  • There are two pieces - input and output block
  • Special "personal teleporter" for player teleportation, with a menu of destinations
  • Portable teleporter device, similar to Radio Remote form wireless module
  • Basic teleporter works for all entities, and is shaped similarly to conveyor belt, but with some super fancy animation or whatever
  • It is extremely overpowered - maybe it should consume some sort of fuel?
And what else I want to add soon to PowerCraft:
  • The iron frame block (decorative)
  • Redstone storage block, enderpearl storage block

Posted Image

PreownedFIN
  • Minecraft: PreownedFIN

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

I found out a little bug:
when you run this program EDIT: in the miner
<a=20>
(loop 5:
r2
r
l2
l )
l
(@a)
q
rr
(@a)
<a+20>
your minecraft crashes Posted Image
don't know that is the bug in my code and i'm just starting with these about 15 mins. of studying (and i'm finnish so i don't exactly know what every word mean) Posted Image

Geekin_It_Up
  • Minecraft: Azn_Warreur

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

quick question.....is it hard to implament the minecraft forge API? cause that would really help me out alot with this mod.....

Redstone4Life
  • Minecraft: Davidies

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I dont know if this bug is know but it can crash your game, and corrupt your save. You probably wont need crash report for this one.

Replace some bedrock(Or just one block)with Elevators (Up) and build some Elevators (Up) on top. Then throw and item in(Or make a conveyor belt on the final layer of bedrock that transports the items in.).

MightyPork
    MightyPork

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostRedstone4Life, on 13 April 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

I dont know if this bug is know but it can crash your game, and corrupt your save. You probably wont need crash report for this one.

Replace some bedrock(Or just one block)with Elevators (Up) and build some Elevators (Up) on top. Then throw and item in(Or make a conveyor belt on the final layer of bedrock that transports the items in.).

it's known, but I didn receive a crash report yet.
Posted Image

PreownedFIN
  • Minecraft: PreownedFIN

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

There's also a glich that in miner programming that if there's one variable other variables won't work
example:
<a=0> <b=0>
(@2:
r
r
r
l
r
r
<a+4>
q
<b-4>
)
and 'b' variables won't work it goes straght forward :(

MightyPork
    MightyPork

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostPreownedFIN, on 13 April 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

There's also a glich that in miner programming that if there's one variable other variables won't work
example:
<a=0> <b=0>
(@2:
r
r
r
l
r
r
<a+4>
q
<b-4>
)
and 'b' variables won't work it goes straght forward Posted Image

and what do you want it to do?

<a+4> does not affect the variable, it only does a+4 steps, a stays the same

View PostPreownedFIN, on 13 April 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

I found out a little bug:
when you run this program EDIT: in the miner
<a=20>
(loop 5:
r2
r
l2
l )
l
(@a)
q
rr
(@a)
<a+20>
your minecraft crashes Posted Image
don't know that is the bug in my code and i'm just starting with these about 15 mins. of studying (and i'm finnish so i don't exactly know what every word mean) Posted Image

I dont know whether it crashes or not, but (@a) means nothing in the language. (@a: ... )   equals to (LOOP a: ... )
Posted Image

MightyPork
    MightyPork

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Ore Sniffer!
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts
  • Minecraft: BrokenEye

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

I wonder. . . would it be possible for a wireless antenna to send a signal from one dimension (overworld, nether, end, etc.) to another?
Posted Image
"Your "reality", sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever" — Baron Munchhausen

Hereida17

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Maybe add a destroyer belt. it destroys un wanted items(ex-rotten flesh)

MightyPork
    MightyPork

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostBrokenEye, on 13 April 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I wonder. . . would it be possible for a wireless antenna to send a signal from one dimension (overworld, nether, end, etc.) to another?

No, for technical reasons. the two are never loaded at the same time.
Posted Image

realm174
    realm174

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

About the miner, do you have any plans to add something to "return to base" type of thing?  I'm still trying to figure out a way to get the miner to mine an area and return to empty itself to a chest when the inventory is full, then go back where it was and continue with the program that was being executed in the first place...  (I'm also taking a look at your source code to see if I could implement that myself) :)