• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Resuke
    Resuke

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hey so i was reading the minecraft wiki and i noticed something about the potions :P I noticed that there are A LOT of unused potions and potion effects so it makes me wonder why arent a lot of them inplemented? it would really make my underwater life easier in minecraft (water potion)
http://www.minecraft.../Potion_effects

Jeb said that there would be like 2,653 potions and atm you can only get 161 potion combinations o.o (que dramatic music...) Will jeb add more potions? Will he leave them alone?

So well discuss and sorry for my bad english!!!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ColdFusionGaming
  • Minecraft: ColdFusionGaming

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

A jump boost would be cool...
ColdFusionGaming's Custom Minecraft Maps - The L'brour Mansion - Gloria - Monstrosity - Soaring No Longer

4Koen
    4Koen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

Transformation Potions would be fun.
I bet you 1 dolar you read this.

Resuke
    Resuke

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

View Post4Koen, on 04 December 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

Transformation Potions would be fun.
Oh yeah to transform in to a zombie or something to bypass enemies o.o
Posted Image

Flannelboy

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

I am very dissapoited that he didn't implement fun potions like nausea, invisibility, and water breathing.

powermad80
  • Minecraft: Powermad80

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

I just spent hours going through the nether to find a Blaze to get a blaze rod to make a brewing stand. I was hoping to get a potion of underwater breathing (I saw it in TooManyItems once) so I could go deeper in the ocean to harvest clay to get brick to expand my underground home. Guess how pissed I was to find out there was no potion of underwater breathing? I'm all for a mod to expand potion effects.
Posted Image

Massive_Smurf

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:42 AM

I hope The new lead designer makes more potions. I love being an apothecary in this game.

Leetfaction
  • Minecraft: Leetfaction

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Imagine using the haste potion with an Efficiency V enchant. Lol! You would probably insta-break obsidian with a diamond pickaxe. XD I also think that the resistance and invisibility potions would help a ton if you were playing on hard mode.

Invisibility potions may cause some problems in SMP though, maybe a stealth potion would be better? It could make you semi-transparent and hide your name as well as making it so mobs can't see you, but players can if they look closely enough. It could also make it so the player doesn't make sound when walking, jumping, placing blocks or breaking blocks. I think that would be an awesome potion!

Oh, another idea is that if the player crouches, it makes them 75% invisible instead of 50% from standing normally.
Question: If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof?
Answer: Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.

haschischtasche
  • Minecraft: haschischtasche

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postpowermad80, on 11 December 2011 - 04:15 AM, said:

I just spent hours going through the nether to find a Blaze to get a blaze rod to make a brewing stand. I was hoping to get a potion of underwater breathing (I saw it in TooManyItems once) so I could go deeper in the ocean to harvest clay to get brick to expand my underground home. Guess how pissed I was to find out there was no potion of underwater breathing? I'm all for a mod to expand potion effects.
Respiration 3 on a helmet increases the time you can spend underwater without getting damage by 45 seconds and then gives you damage only every 4 seconds.
That is more than enough to harvest 3-4 beds of clay until you have to surface again.

MiningMike

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Invisibility was already there, but has been removed again for some reason, AFAIK. I really would like to see that getting re-added.

View PostFlannelboy, on 04 December 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I am very dissapoited that he didn't implement fun potions like nausea, invisibility, and water breathing.

Trecked
    Trecked

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Minecraft: Trecked

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

The chances are, he'll add more, I want a magic mushroom potion to get you high :)
Posted Image

Cyanid
    Cyanid

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2980 posts
  • Minecraft: Scartail

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostMiningMike, on 12 March 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Invisibility was already there, but has been removed again for some reason, AFAIK. I really would like to see that getting re-added.
I think it was removed to prevent griefing in SMP.

CondorFootStep
  • Minecraft: Lead_Matheus

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostLeetfaction, on 12 March 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Imagine using the haste potion with an Efficiency V enchant. Lol! You would probably insta-break obsidian with a diamond pickaxe. XD I also think that the resistance and invisibility potions would help a ton if you were playing on hard mode.

Invisibility potions may cause some problems in SMP though, maybe a stealth potion would be better? It could make you semi-transparent and hide your name as well as making it so mobs can't see you, but players can if they look closely enough. It could also make it so the player doesn't make sound when walking, jumping, placing blocks or breaking blocks. I think that would be an awesome potion!

Oh, another idea is that if the player crouches, it makes them 75% invisible instead of 50% from standing normally.
If you download Minecraft Snapshot 12w21b you can actually get the Resistance and Regen IV while eating a Enchanted Golden Apple (made by change the recipe from Gold Nugget to Gold Block), You can get Haste while drinking Coffee in IndustrialCraft, Nausea and Poison III can be obtained by drinking Rum in IndustrialCraft, However, there must be a mod to get all these potions without getting snapshots or downloading IndustrialCraft, anything discovered? Tell me!
Posted Image

Oxydate
    Oxydate

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1089 posts
  • Minecraft: Oxydate

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

I would LOVE a jump boost potion. Or maybe the speed potion could be made into an agility potion which would provide both.

Celestic
  • Minecraft: Cynival

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

Here is a bukkit mod: http://dev.bukkit.or...ds/potionsplus/ that unlocks all the unused potions. No client mods required since the potions are all built into the game just not officially added.
~Bad artists copy, real artists steal~

Zynilize
    Zynilize

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1698 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

I want potions to be added personally, I like the idea of different types of potions. Water Breathing, Transformation, etc.

Posted Image
KAWAII MONSTER

Waryancat
  • Minecraft: Waryancat

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

In Tekkit there is effects what has been told up Nausea (when you drink coffee) Haste (also coffee) I heard about invisibility in some mods too also jump boost is in newest snapshot (First after 1.3.1) I find by server command something like a smell potion (LOL) But it has no effects... And also in MineZ there is "Blindness" Something like this so when someone give you critical hit you can see 1block away from your feet for about 3seconds.... So i hope Jeb_ will add these effects in vanilla minecraft :)
I like cats, dogs, bunnies and everything fluffy and cute :3

blacktank12
  • Minecraft: Blacktank12

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hmmm. I've taken a look at these and found out that some of them would hopefully never be added through they are awesome, fx the nausea potion; i've tried it and it's quite cool but already after 4 min. I got a little ill (in real life) if this were to be added for brewing, pvp players could make peoble quit just with a single potion, but if we look at the others they seem quite non problematic also the nausea potion could just have a max. Duration of 25 sec. Or something

wuzssupjrson

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

A haste potion would be nice too...

Mein Kraft

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I'd like a splash potion of confusion. Hostile mobs would attack anything from a flower to each other for a few seconds. Passive mobs would think they're hostile and behave like the confused hostile mobs. If you get spashed as well, either your controls are randomised or you also lose control and behave like the other mobs. Right now I'm imagining a submerged villager being buffeted by confused squids and chickens. Just a few seconds of anarchy, please.
Posted Image
'Technology has left us hopelessly spoiled,' Charlie Brooker wrote. 'We whine like disappointed emperors the moment it does anything other than pander to our every whim.'