• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

xPirate
    xPirate

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

No, I'm not talking about a demo, I mean a minecraft for low-end PC's for less lag, Like e.g Changing the size of the map, etc. This would make minecraft easily playable on low-end PC's?

Register or log in to remove.

ShortGamer
  • Minecraft: Shortgamer

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

I pretty sure there isnt one. Just lower the render distance and other stuff
Posted Image

Zeemvel
    Zeemvel

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

MineCraft classic?

joszko57

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

you could get the optifine mod it allowes for alot of things to be turned off

xPirate
    xPirate

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

No, not Minecraft classic, As for the render distance, That helps a little bit, but a LITE version would be even better.

StevenHB
    StevenHB

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Minecraft: StevenHB

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Terraria? Maybe?
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANEL! CLICK HERE!!!! <------
Follow me on Twitter for the inside scoop on my dumbness!: http://twitter.com/#!/R0ugeW0lf

xPirate
    xPirate

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

I tried opti-fine, It does not actually help THAT much, it helps more then render distance and basic stuff but for an average user, Minecraft LITE would be made too help even more so abit like classic you could choose the size of the world and other options

Zeemvel
    Zeemvel

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

I think yet another version would be extremely confusing for everyone. If you want to be able to play MineCraft survival on a low end computer, then maybe it's better to ask for more settings to disable things in the main game (e.g. a setting to have finite world size), rather than a separate version for this...

My PC is 5 years old and can play it fine though, with only 2GB RAM, even FAR rendering works reasonably (but I set many other graphics settings to low).

xPirate
    xPirate

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Terraria is a good game. But i'm not talking about that. :D

saintprawnz
  • Minecraft: saintprawn

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

View PostxPirate, on 04 December 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

No, not Minecraft classic, As for the render distance, That helps a little bit, but a LITE version would be even better.
mojang aren't just gonna make a new version of minecraft for low end pc's just use optifine

xPirate
    xPirate

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

View PostZeemvel, on 04 December 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

I think yet another version would be extremely confusing for everyone. If you want to be able to play MineCraft survival on a low end computer, then maybe it's better to ask for more settings to disable things in the main game (e.g. a setting to have finite world size), rather than a separate version for this...

Well, That is a good idea but at login screen you would select a option, Minecraft, Minecraft LITE.

See if a person bought minecraft (Without any knowledge about it) on like a netbook, then he would get like 2fps, but the LITE version at login screen would simply have more options like world size and stuff.

saintprawnz
  • Minecraft: saintprawn

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

View PostxPirate, on 04 December 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

the LITE version at login screen would simply have more options like world size and stuff.
how about just having those settings in normal minecraft?

LoganNZL
    LoganNZL

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Location: New Zealand, you don't know where that is though :'(
  • Minecraft: LoganNZL
  • Xbox:¬_¬
  • PSN:S_C_O_P_IE_D

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I too would like to be able to make a map that only allows 1000x1000

Posted Image

Made it myself :)

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostxPirate, on 04 December 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

Well, That is a good idea but at login screen you would select a option, Minecraft, Minecraft LITE.

See if a person bought minecraft (Without any knowledge about it) on like a netbook, then he would get like 2fps, but the LITE version at login screen would simply have more options like world size and stuff.

Someone using a netbook for a 3D app honestly deserves what they get.   They are not designed for that kind of work, and honestly, backward compatibility does eventually hurt development in the long run.   Just look at games targeted for the Xbox360 and ported out to other platforms.... they are slowly becoming a nightmare as certain features are being tourniqueted or heavily modified as the difference becomes too great.  Look at BF:BC2 and BF3....  lucky the graphics engine manged to be scalable to run high end PC hardware, but game design suffered from UI and map limitations because THAT couldn't scale properly on the Xbox.

Infinity ward is afraid to actually build a new engine (and get off the antiquated Quake3 mod) because they know the problems they'll face with it on the Xbox.  And how much longer does Intel, AMD and Nvidia need to keep updating legacy drivers to support 10 year old PCs?  

In the age of information, where everyone and everything is connected to everything else, and supposedly people are more tech savvy, that we somehow lost the ability to gauge probable outcome with more information then we would normally have?   Have we really hit the point where technology is so smart, we no longer think it important to assess a situation and assume it work because we want it to?

Fat Cat RoR
  • Minecraft: OxbowHSFatCat

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

This is seriously the worst idea ever. If you want to play PC games, you better have the damn money to afford a friggen PC. If you don't, find something else.
Spoiler:

FutureNyanCat

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

This topic is too old. Do not attempt to bump this one.

Posted Image

| YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jaden1291 | Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/ |

FutureNyanCat. The Nyan Cat of the Forum. Current Version: v120.0 (Despicable Kitty Update)

Fat Cat RoR
  • Minecraft: OxbowHSFatCat

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Oh fail, I forgot to read the dates. :S
Spoiler:

kingzut
    kingzut

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostFutureNyanCat, on 08 July 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

This topic is too old. Do not attempt to bump this one.

tell me why shouldnt ppl post on and "bump" old posts? and if they shouldnt be bumped shouldnt they be removed?  Also i like the idea of have a "low/lite" setting for MC it wouldnt be too hard to do the team can just find the settings that cause the most lag and down scale so its an easy one click.