Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

NBTExplorer - NBT Editor for Windows and Mac

nbtexplorer 2.7.4 updated 4/1/2014

  • Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

#21

arugaicastle
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: eragaxshim

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Don't mind this.


Register or log in to remove.

#22

Robinton
  • Location: My Volcano Castle
  • Minecraft: Robinton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Nice!

It'd be cool if you also added compatibility for Cubic Chunks' "r2.x.y.z.mcr/mca" file format. Basically standard MCR/MCA files, except with a sector size of 256 bytes instead of 4096 bytes. (This, of course, means that the offsets and timestamps tables have to take up 16 sectors each.)

Regardless, +1, and great tool!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23

jaquadro
    jaquadro

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1051 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

Is this something with widespread adoption?

Unfortunately it's something I would need to add support for in Substrate and that would require a bit of work.  I may look into it when I near the end of a proper Anvil rewrite but it's still a ways off.
NBTExplorer - NBT editor for Windows and Mac
Substrate - Minecraft map editing library for C#/.NET

#24

lobosoft
    lobosoft

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Location: Spain - Catalonia
  • Minecraft: lobosoft

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Great project ;) it's very similar to my project NBT Maker, have the same resources of yusuke kamiyamane :)
My project is also inspired in NBTEdit.

http://www.minecraft...1141-nbt-maker/
http://www.minecraft...php?f=15&t=6937

i'm working in the new version that will can have the new tag tag_int_array.
Alberto Molero
NBT Library

#25

Robinton
  • Location: My Volcano Castle
  • Minecraft: Robinton

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

View Postjaquadro, on 30 March 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

Is this something with widespread adoption?

Unfortunately it's something I would need to add support for in Substrate and that would require a bit of work.  I may look into it when I near the end of a proper Anvil rewrite but it's still a ways off.
Aside from the few thousand Cubic Chunks users, no. Of course, that is a decent-sized "Aside"...

Feel free to use my SaveConverter code. Sorry, but it is in Java... For SmallSector files, focus on RegionFile and its subclasses.

Cheers
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Holy cow... why did I never see this before...

Kudos to you good sir you deserve a full set of diamonds :D
Posted Image
Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

hehe, had to completed that with the sword and stuff... anyways: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

now down to business... where does minecraft load and save these files? im working on a mod to use them schematic files and stuff... but i need some help on exactly how a byte-array becomes a list of Blocks and their coordinates etc. I got the tag structure and stuff worked out already, just the Blocks, Entities, you know, the complicated stuff.
Posted Image

#27

jaquadro
    jaquadro

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1051 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

NBTExplorer is just a raw NBT presenter.  What you really want is to browse through the source code of the underlying library, Substrate https://github.com/j.../tree/AnvilOnly (link is to Anvil-compat branch), which has constructs for everything that builds on top of NBT.  The way I work with the data in Substrate is not necessarily the way you'll want to work with it in a mod (I'm currently abstracting Anvil chunks into Beta-style chunks, which closely mirrors .schematic file data, but also complicates things), but you should be able to see how to interpret the data.
NBTExplorer - NBT editor for Windows and Mac
Substrate - Minecraft map editing library for C#/.NET

#28

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

View Postjaquadro, on 11 April 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

NBTExplorer is just a raw NBT presenter.  What you really want is to browse through the source code of the underlying library, Substrate https://github.com/j.../tree/AnvilOnly (link is to Anvil-compat branch), which has constructs for everything that builds on top of NBT.  The way I work with the data in Substrate is not necessarily the way you'll want to work with it in a mod (I'm currently abstracting Anvil chunks into Beta-style chunks, which closely mirrors .schematic file data, but also complicates things), but you should be able to see how to interpret the data.
thanks so much. good thing c# is alot like java :D
Also, I found this... http://jnbt.sourceforge.net/ its a java library for reading this stuff.. has an NBT InputStream that takes care of everything. Then it puts the tags in a map with the name as key. helps a lot when learning how they work.
Posted Image

#29

VoidingNixx

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Great tool!  I'm surprised there aren't like 1,000's of posts already stating this!

Great for moving a World's default spawn.  Also a great tool for loading player files to find their coordinates, if you are running Vanilla.  Also, just a rather fun tool to play around with, tweaking and editing things here and there, if stuff like that amuses you.

#30

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostVoidingNixx, on 20 April 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

Great tool!  I'm surprised there aren't like 1,000's of posts already stating this!

Great for moving a World's default spawn.  Also a great tool for loading player files to find their coordinates, if you are running Vanilla.  Also, just a rather fun tool to play around with, tweaking and editing things here and there, if stuff like that amuses you.

agreed.
Posted Image

#31

Liquid Metal Slime

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

How do I run this with Mono on mac?

Also, can I use this to find dropped items somewhere in the world and convert them into items in my inventory?

#32

jaquadro
    jaquadro

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1051 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

I don't own a Mac, so I can't really give you instructions.  Someone else may be able to.  But probably it's along the lines of going to the Mono website, downloading the latest Mono runtime for MacOS, and then running NBTExplorer with a command like "mono nbtexplorer.exe".

Potentially, yes, you could find dropped items, since NBTExplorer has a Find command that will operate on chunk data (one of the main things that distinguishes this from NBTedit).  Search for a tag named "id" and specify the item ID you're looking for.  If you manage to find the right item, then all of your other dropped items will probably appear in the same Entity list, or in immediately neighboring chunks.  There's no way to automatically move these to your inventory, but you could write down the relevent information, delete them from the chunks, and add new nodes into your inventory (or get a tool like InvEdit that is optimized for adding to your inventory).  Alternatively if you find your cache of dropped items, you can figure out the chunk and block coordinates and either navigate there yourself, or set your player coordinates to that general location, and pick them up.
NBTExplorer - NBT editor for Windows and Mac
Substrate - Minecraft map editing library for C#/.NET

#33

ignat980
  • Minecraft: ignat980

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Is there a way to get the seed of a multiplayer world?
You must first learn the rules before you break them.
lol i've been banned 22 times so far.

#34

jaquadro
    jaquadro

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1051 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

It should be in the world's level.dat.
NBTExplorer - NBT editor for Windows and Mac
Substrate - Minecraft map editing library for C#/.NET

#35

Redstone4Life
  • Location: Denmark
  • Minecraft: Davidies

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Mine keeps saying that ''NBTExplorer doesnt respond''. Is it because i dont have 2.0 Netframework? I mean i think i do have...

#36

jaquadro
    jaquadro

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1051 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

It should be built for .NET 2.0 (since that gives better compatibility for Linux/Mac under Mono).  Can you give more information, like what OS/version are you running?  Are you able to open the program at all, or does it stop responding before it even comes up?
NBTExplorer - NBT editor for Windows and Mac
Substrate - Minecraft map editing library for C#/.NET

#37

Spoony G
  • Minecraft: Spoony_G

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Can this make a pre-1.8 world generate structures in future versions? If so, how?
Posted Image

#38

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostSpoony G, on 10 May 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Can this make a pre-1.8 world generate structures in future versions? If so, how?

up to you and how you use it.
keep in mind, this is only a mod that lets you lookat and edit the save files. if you wanna generate stuff by hand.. by all means do so.
Posted Image

#39

jaquadro
    jaquadro

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1051 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

Technically it's a tool rather than a mod.

Your question is ambiguous, so I will try to verify that I am answering the right one.

Will this tool allow my pre-1.8 world to generate post-1.8 features when I upgrade Minecraft?
In theory, you can increase the Version field in your level.dat to match what is used in current worlds, and your old world will generate new chunks with all of the most recent features.  However, your new chunks will PROBABLY no longer join cleanly to the old ones, just like the old days when Notch changed the biome or map code.

If that does not answer your question, please rephrase it.
NBTExplorer - NBT editor for Windows and Mac
Substrate - Minecraft map editing library for C#/.NET

#40

Spoony G
  • Minecraft: Spoony_G

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postjaquadro, on 10 May 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Technically it's a tool rather than a mod.

Your question is ambiguous, so I will try to verify that I am answering the right one.

Will this tool allow my pre-1.8 world to generate post-1.8 features when I upgrade Minecraft?
In theory, you can increase the Version field in your level.dat to match what is used in current worlds, and your old world will generate new chunks with all of the most recent features.  However, your new chunks will PROBABLY no longer join cleanly to the old ones, just like the old days when Notch changed the biome or map code.

If that does not answer your question, please rephrase it.
Actually, I figured it out myself. Just change the "MapFeatures" to 1. That simple.
Posted Image