Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Cant find char.png


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1

Gthunda866

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

was looking for it in the .minecraft but couldn't find it and plus my guy is just the normal minecraft guy did the file move with the udpate

Register or log in to remove.

#2

MN_Gopher
  • Location: Minnesota

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

Just download it again, then place it somewhere like desktop, so you can always admire it.  :(
Posted Image

Quote

I masturbated over a pig.

#3

Gekkey Mathews

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

you have to open the "minecraft.jar" file with winrar. "char.png" is inside of the .jar
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4

Gthunda866

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

Gekkey Mathews said:

you have to open the "minecraft.jar" file with winrar. "char.png" is inside of the .jar
guys I know what I'm doing but its just not there and even if I create one with a custom skin and name it char.png I still get the normal guy

#5

Vilborg
    Vilborg

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2769 posts
  • Location: The PAIN FOREST

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

Gthunda866 said:

Gekkey Mathews said:

you have to open the "minecraft.jar" file with winrar. "char.png" is inside of the .jar
guys I know what I'm doing but its just not there and even if I create one with a custom skin and name it char.png I still get the normal guy
Apparently not.  Look inside minecraft.jar, find the char.png, or get a premium account and upload a custom skin.

K_Kinnison said:

If i were a mod, i would be destroying threads like a creeper at a hug-a-thon

Meddyan said:

That's right, this elevator is powered by MURDER and ANIMAL CRUELTY.

Denn said:

Manly blood is both highly acidic AND highly basic, but I'm glad to see you're paying attention.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6

Gthunda866

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

Vilborg said:

Gthunda866 said:

Gekkey Mathews said:

you have to open the "minecraft.jar" file with winrar. "char.png" is inside of the .jar
guys I know what I'm doing but its just not there and even if I create one with a custom skin and name it char.png I still get the normal guy
Apparently not.  Look inside minecraft.jar, find the char.png, or get a premium account and upload a custom skin.
Well Mr.Douchwell I looked inside .minecraft with god dam WinRar and no char.Png and I have a god damn bought the game so there, used the prefences to change it but I rather have it on the files so If I play offline I still have it. Thats how it works right

#7

Gekkey Mathews

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:33 AM

nononono

not in ".minecraft"

it is in "minecraft.jar"

just use the windows search. search your whole computer for "minecraft.jar"
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8

Gthunda866

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

Gekkey Mathews said:

nononono

not in ".minecraft"

it is in "minecraft.jar"

just use the windows search. search your whole computer for "minecraft.jar"
thats what I'm doing man i open .minecraft and then open minecraft.jar with winrar but there is no char.ong

#9

MN_Gopher
  • Location: Minnesota

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

Gthunda866 said:

Gekkey Mathews said:

nononono

not in ".minecraft"

it is in "minecraft.jar"

just use the windows search. search your whole computer for "minecraft.jar"
thats what I'm doing man i open .minecraft and then open minecraft.jar with winrar but there is no char.ong

DoWnLoAd It AgAiN!
Posted Image

Quote

I masturbated over a pig.

#10

Vilborg
    Vilborg

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2769 posts
  • Location: The PAIN FOREST

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:46 AM

Gthunda866 wrote :
>

Gekkey Mathews said:

nononono
>
> not in ".minecraft"
>
> it is in "minecraft.jar"
>
> just use the windows search. search your whole computer for
> "minecraft.jar"
> thats what I'm doing man i open .minecraft and then open minecraft.jar with
> winrar but there is no char.ong

Well, thanks for clarifying that up.
You'll have to redownload it like the previous suggestion.  Then look in minecraft.jar (REMEMBER: .JAR).

K_Kinnison said:

If i were a mod, i would be destroying threads like a creeper at a hug-a-thon

Meddyan said:

That's right, this elevator is powered by MURDER and ANIMAL CRUELTY.

Denn said:

Manly blood is both highly acidic AND highly basic, but I'm glad to see you're paying attention.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11

Sparksol
    Sparksol

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

The char.png has been moved from the main folder to the mob folder inside the .jar file.

:tnt:
Posted Image

#12

compass
    compass

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: Yeah, right.

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

Correct, it is now in the "mob" folder inside of the jar.
However, it is useless now. It doesn't matter what you change it to, since it only seems to apply the skin that you upload to your Minecraft.net prefrences.

So much for higher resolution skins.

#13

Sparksol
    Sparksol

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

You can still use the higher resolution skins, but you have to be in offline mode to use them. If it connects online, even just in the initial loading, you'll see your uploaded character file instead of the char.png file in your mob folder.
Posted Image

#14

CoyeT
    CoyeT

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostGthunda866, on 20 November 2010 - 11:42 PM, said:

guys I know what I'm doing but its just not there and even if I create one with a custom skin and name it char.png I still get the normal guy
My problem is, after uploading my Minecraft skin I did not save it to my PC and now since I want to try out other skins I can't because I don't want to lose the one I'm currently using and I can't remember what my skin is called or where to find it. When I go to Minecraft.jar/mobs the skin shown there is the default (Steve) skin. Is there any way to locate my actual skin and save it somehow? I wish I would have saved it now.