• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Running Minecraft on a netbook

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

1999turbo

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hi all, just got my 7 year old addicted to minecraft and i cant get him off my laptop ! to develop  :Notch:

Anyway, quick question... how does minecraft perform on a netbook 10.1" display - is the graphics jumpy or anything? works sweet on my laptop but thinking of small netbook for the boy... anyone running minecraft on a netbook ?

thanks in advance

Register or log in to remove.

simplyodd24
  • Minecraft: simplyodd24

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Eh, It might be really laggy. It doesn't have a powerful processor and no dedicated graphics. Let alone it probably has 1 gb of RAM. It might run though, you should look into getting OPTIFINE.

Posted Image

Asus N53SV 2.0 2630QM i7, 16GBS 1333Mhz Ram, 1GB Nvidia 540M, 512GB Samsung SSD

Jeepjunky85

It's no good. I have gone through a few netbooks (Mostly Aser) and none of them ran Minecraft well. It was unplayable.
If you like my post, vote it up. Thanks.

bryan21122112
  • Minecraft: bryan21122112
  • Xbox:assassin tokito

That's very kind of you to do that for him. Anyways, I don't have a netbook but I can find out some info for you, possibly.

This video shows how to make it run smooth, or at the least has a link to one.

BluezombieClock
  • Minecraft: bluezombieclock

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Netbooks will get you nowhere in minecraft. My friend somehow manages to cope with the constant 10 or - FPS he gets.

1999turbo

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

that's great thanks for the info there... ill sort him out a laptop... man i cant believe im buying a 7 year old a laptop! but needs must  :rolleyes: starting them early these days...

thanks again and looks like a great forum...

D1280
    D1280

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Minecraft: D1280

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

When I play Minecraft on my grandpa's netbook, it has NO LAG. It works better than my computer. But maybe that's just his netbook that is good. Don't know what it's called though.

Posted Image

dblumberg

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

I play minecraft on a netbook. i run ubuntu linux on it and i have never upgraded any parts of it and minecraft runs great as long as you tone down the video settings. what i do is put the render distance to tiny, made the graphics fast, the performance on max fps, and i don't play with it on fullscreen. i dont know how many fps i get but it runs pretty smooth and it should be fine for a 7 year old.
Don't Hate

FutureCooper

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

dude im 11 my dad picked out a netbook at best buy in the us called the asus eee pc and let me tell you it can run minecraft like a boss just try not to run too many terrain levels the terrain run okay but the flat levels are like a boss TRUST me check out my youtube channel
:)  

JPDOliver
  • Minecraft: Doog75

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

I play on a netbook. It used to perform perfectly fine, after I had turned down all of the graphic settings, but ever since 1.4, it has been especially slow. Basically, you can play minecraft on a netbook, but you can't get the full minecraft "experience"
<div style=<div%20style=

NIRVANA269

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I am running MInecraft on a acer aspire 1 725 netbook with 2gb of ram, and it runs great! I got optifine game booster and I run on 175 fps so it should run fine as long as you have at least 2gb of ram :)

Geotore
    Geotore

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: Geotore
  • Xbox:I no have Xbox ._.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

I have a netbook and with optifine on the minimum i get 50-70 fps on normal worlds and 100-150 on super flat... :3

My netbook is

Acer aspire one 725-0845              it costs 199.99$

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image     Hope this helped! :3 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Dont get a netbook though you can get a better desk top that you can use too for cheaper... And no 7 year old should have his own computer...              Posted Image  But if you think so.. I guess:p

JPDOliver
  • Minecraft: Doog75

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostFutureCooper, on 02 September 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

dude im 11 my dad picked out a netbook at best buy in the us called the asus eee pc and let me tell you it can run minecraft like a boss just try not to run too many terrain levels the terrain run okay but the flat levels are like a boss TRUST me check out my youtube channel
Posted Image  

You had render distance on tiny and still had a low framerate. You aren't really proving your point
<div style=<div%20style=