Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Choppy Framerate Issue


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1

Porsquale1081

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hi,
Just a few days ago, i was playing minecraft, until at like... midnight. I went to bed, woke up the next morning to notice that my mincraft is running REALLY laggy, getting at most 5 fps. This all happened all a sudden, so it wasn't anything that I think I did. I'm running an Intel Core2 Quad, 2.66 Ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and NVidia GeForce 470 (by Evga),so i dont think this is my hardware that is having any problems. I've tried putting all settings on low, changing priorities, and reinstalling minecraft, so i dont exactly know what else i can do at this point :( If anybody can help me that would be awesome.

Thanks,
        Ralf

Register or log in to remove.

#2

zabigg
    zabigg

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

View PostPorsquale1081, on 01 December 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

Hi,
Just a few days ago, i was playing minecraft, until at like... midnight. I went to bed, woke up the next morning to notice that my mincraft is running REALLY laggy, getting at most 5 fps. This all happened all a sudden, so it wasn't anything that I think I did. I'm running an Intel Core2 Quad, 2.66 Ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and NVidia GeForce 470 (by Evga),so i dont think this is my hardware that is having any problems. I've tried putting all settings on low, changing priorities, and reinstalling minecraft, so i dont exactly know what else i can do at this point :( If anybody can help me that would be awesome.

Thanks,
        Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Your system should run the game. Did you check the optimization guide that's stickied just above the topics? Some solutions are really helpful.

#3

Porsquale1081

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

View Postzabigg, on 01 December 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

Hi Ralf,

Your system should run the game. Did you check the optimization guide that's stickied just above the topics? Some solutions are really helpful.

How do I exactly get to the optimization guide?

#4

zabigg
    zabigg

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

View PostPorsquale1081, on 01 December 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

How do I exactly get to the optimization guide?

Just click here if you don't find it at the top of the forum support page.

#5

Porsquale1081

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

View Postzabigg, on 01 December 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

Just click here if you don't find it at the top of the forum support page.

Well, I tried a few of those, but nothing helped :( I did update Java, and my NVidia graphics driver, but that didn't do anything. Thanks for your help though :)