Doctor Who Texture Pack

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

LukeGhostblade

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:07 AM

*Working on 1.0, I don't know when it will be done.*

Version 1.8 has released!!

Download:http://dl.dropbox.co.../Doctor Who.zip

To install: Place in minecraft Texture packs folder. (Windows C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER'S USER NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks) Mac: I really don't know. Sorry :P
Start Minecraft
Click Mods and Texture Packs
Click Doctor Who
Click Done.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
1.7 Updates:New sand, wools, gravel, grass(Smoother), wild grass,trees, and more!
I need tocreate new flowers, ores,and work on other mobs.
1.7.1: New sugarcane, and music player is now a hyperbox.
1.7.2 New dalekanium bedrock, new tnt, new sandstone
1.7.3 Piston support

1.8 Minecraft version 1.8 support. Expect changes soon.

Register or log in to remove.

Mouser X

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:36 AM

LukeGhostblade said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All I have so far; Doors need some work.
Fixed.  Please use the SIMG tags!!  My laptop is too small to display your huge images.  Mouser X over and out.

NoiGren
    NoiGren

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

Gallifreyan red grass FTW. You can modify some of the monsters to make up some popular creatures. Cybermen zombies? I can totally see a faux TARDIS made out of Nether portals, using those doors.

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:44 PM

I love the idea, I will keep my eye on this for sure! Best of luck for it's success. Should be very popular with all the fans (me being one of them!)  :)  :)  :Zombie:  :SSSS:
Posted Image

Jamsponge
  • Location: England (aka Britain, aka the United Kingdom, aka the British Empire)

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

For a moment, I was like 'Wut? Why's the grass red?' Then I read NoiGren's comment. Thanks for the info NoiGren. This should just be a Gallifrey texture pack I think. It would be awesome if you could make the Nether Skaro and have Dalek Ghasts flying everywhere, with Thals running around. But I guess you couldn't make Ghasts look like Daleks...
The Homebrew Pack [Textures]: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=61064
My Youtube Channel [Videos]: http://www.youtube.c.../JamspongeVideo
Minecraftia [Story]: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=80140

Mouser X

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Jamsponge said:

For a moment, I was like 'Wut? Why's the grass red?' Then I read NoiGren's comment. Thanks for the info NoiGren. This should just be a Gallifrey texture pack I think. It would be awesome if you could make the Nether Skaro and have Dalek Ghasts flying everywhere, with Thals running around. But I guess you couldn't make Ghasts look like Daleks...
Perhaps not, but what about Creepers?  Not a bad Dalek, in my opinion.  Besides, the Creeper is one of the most feared creatures in Minecraft, and the Dalek is the most feared "creature" in Doctor Who.  I'd say the correlation makes perfect sense.

Apparently I'm not familiar with Gallifrey (I saw the "old" series when I was a kid.  Tom Baker!  But I don't remember much about it.  The "New" series is awesome though!), so I didn't know about the grass.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Last, please fix the image tags to use SIMG, not IMG.  I'd really appreciate it.  Mouser X over and out.

NoiGren
    NoiGren

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

Mouser X said:

Perhaps not, but what about Creepers?  Not a bad Dalek, in my opinion.  Besides, the Creeper is one of the most feared creatures in Minecraft, and the Dalek is the most feared "creature" in Doctor Who.  I'd say the correlation makes perfect sense.

Apparently I'm not familiar with Gallifrey (I saw the "old" series when I was a kid.  Tom Baker!  But I don't remember much about it.  The "New" series is awesome though!), so I didn't know about the grass.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Last, please fix the image tags to use SIMG, not IMG.  I'd really appreciate it.  Mouser X over and out.
Actually, some episodes of the "new" series describe and show some short footage of Gallifrey. I think the tenth Doctor is the one who mentions it...should be episodes with Martha, due to the Saxon story arc. Unfortunately I can't tell point the exact episode, but The End of Time should show at least a bit of it.

I initially was going to suggest skeletons as Dalek, since they already got their arms in "manipulator+gunstick" position, but they move their legs so it'd look real awful...(plus since Halloween they wield an actual bow). Though if we had a humanoid-size (1x2x1) mob with flight, projectiles and immobile legs, it'd be piece of cake. Perhaps when mod support comes in we'll be able to make a proper Dalek.

I tend to do some constructions with redstone using redstone torches as "keys". Maybe redstone torches can work as sonic devices xD Sonic torches! xD

Sento Fernner
  • Minecraft: Sento_Fernner

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

Contiune with this Texture Pack. I love the Doctor with everything in me, and I still haven't figured out the nuanises of making packs.

YOUR MY ONLY HOPE!

Lol, good job so far. Good idea.

Pestilence said:

CrazyLemon64 said:

Pestilence said:

Sento's a pretty fun gai, eh hunts mushrooms and doesn't afraid of anything!

CrazyLemon64 said:

Pestilence said:

eh

My post... HAS BECOME CANADIANIZED!

Posted Image

LukeGhostblade

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

Haven't had access to internet recently, so I will change the images soon. And other items of request.

athdaraxen
    athdaraxen

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

OooooooOOooooo... I want this I love Doctor Who...  Topis now bookmarked, I can't wait to this completed. :SSSS:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Lawligagger

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

I love this idea and i love the doctor who idea but i kinda dislike the doors

LukeGhostblade

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:28 AM

I'm thinking Weeping Angel for creeper.
Cyberman or gas mask zombie from "Unearthly Child" episode.
for spiders the alien from the "Run Away Bride" (Christmas special)
Skeleton MAY be a dalek.
:cobblestone:  :cobblestone:

City Builder
  • Minecraft: CityBuilder

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:49 AM

Subscribing to the thread as I love the Dr Who shows (the newer ones more than the older ones), so I'd like to see where this texture pack goes.
Posted Image  Minecraft Schematics at: MCSchematics.com
-A community creating Minecraft (MCedit) Schematics .  Over 180,000 Members and thousands of schematics to download

LukeGhostblade

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

Version 1 released!
:Notch:  :White:  :White:  :White:  :White:  :(  :White:  :White:

EvanTheSaint

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

a couple of things i did was i made slow sand look like blue wood, so i could build a tardis. another is i changed the texture of the pumpkin to make it look like a cyberman's head. (that was a nice feature with the mask btw)

LukeGhostblade

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:16 AM

NEW RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Focuses mainly on items, torch, and redstone torch. And the darned sun won't work right. :tnt:
And, City Builder, Your dog looks like mine...
And, in recognition of EvanTheSaint's post, what material should I make blue wood?
   :D  :tnt:  :(

LukeGhostblade

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:43 AM

Do you guys want a monorail minecart track style
double track
or triple, and a sonic bomb for tnt
and a sonic breaking style for the block breaking cracks?
Also, Should I leave pick texture or change it?

City Builder
  • Minecraft: CityBuilder

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:10 AM

I'd like to see what you mean by a sonic breaking style.

I've seen many, some great, some not so much, would need to see how you interpret a sonic breaking style.

I prefer the traditional minecart tracks

Which 'pick' texture are you referring to?
-edit-: Oh, I see, you are referring to the pickaxe icon that you changed to the pen type device, looks good to me, maybe just a slight cleanup if possible.

Also, with your sign texture, it would be great if you could properly fit in 4 of the lighter areas so that the text is written on the lighter areas of the sign instead of crossing both light fields.
Posted Image  Minecraft Schematics at: MCSchematics.com
-A community creating Minecraft (MCedit) Schematics .  Over 180,000 Members and thousands of schematics to download

LukeGhostblade

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

City Builder said:

I'd like to see what you mean by a sonic breaking style.

I've seen many, some great, some not so much, would need to see how you interpret a sonic breaking style.

I prefer the traditional minecart tracks

Which 'pick' texture are you referring to?
-edit-: Oh, I see, you are referring to the pickaxe icon that you changed to the pen type device, looks good to me, maybe just a slight cleanup if possible.

Also, with your sign texture, it would be great if you could properly fit in 4 of the lighter areas so that the text is written on the lighter areas of the sign instead of crossing both light fields.

Actually, that's the sword, and I changed it to the sonic screwdriver.
The sign texture isn't mine, and I haven't made one yet, but will soon.
Thanks!

LukeGhostblade

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:09 PM

CYBERMAN ZOMBIE :PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Posted Image

Posted Image