• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to fix double-block single-click issue?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

crs312
    crs312

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

So basically my problem is that when I click once to either place or break a block it does it twice. Sometimes it will act normally but very often this happens. Any help?

Register or log in to remove.

TheMightyOrange
  • Minecraft: TheMightyOrange

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

I get that too, normally it's when I'm on a server. Is that the same case for you?
Friend:"Orange you're pretty scary...."  Me:"It's because I just banned someone, right?"
"....Yeah"

chops1sc
  • Minecraft: chops1sc

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Get a new mouse?
Posted Image

Allison3
  • Minecraft: Allison3

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

Not a mouse issue, but a lag one. I get it too. It used to happen really often, but I installed a mod called Optifine, which helped a lot- happens very rarely now. Maybe you should try it?
Posted Image

crs312
    crs312

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Ok - I am not on a server and I am using the standard built in mouse on my laptop. I will try optifine and see how that works.

EDIT: ok I tried optifine and actually it seems to be getting worse. Now sometimes it will place three blocks...it is really frustrating and makes me not want to play. It also seems to have started to lag alot around redstone or pressure plates\doors...

It never used to do this. used to be nearly flawless.

Hakamorra

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:17 AM

Yea.. it's happening to me too. I have no idea how to fix it, and it does make me not want to play because of that annoyance.

ballermon

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

If you have a razer mouse it might just be the mouse after all. Those things are known to break down after 2 years or so because of the buttons recognizing a click upon button press AND on release. I trashed 2 razors so far because of that problem. Now I'm using DELL ....

Lag may be the more likely cause though! :P
Posted Image
Want to help me raise this? Give it a click!

xArchemistx

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

View Postballermon, on 30 November 2011 - 09:59 AM, said:

If you have a razer mouse it might just be the mouse after all. Those things are known to break down after 2 years or so because of the buttons recognizing a click upon button press AND on release. I trashed 2 razors so far because of that problem. Now I'm using DELL ....

Lag may be the more likely cause though! :P

My razor is still working fine after 2.5 years :) and yeah, it may be lag related.

crs312
    crs312

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Well I have no idea why but it stopped and is working fine again. it did seem like the lag was associated with certain chunks only though...

Zoofy
    Zoofy

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

To all you people that haven't had the problem: STOP SAYING IT'S A MOUSE ISSUE. There's nothing wrong with the mouse. It's a lag spike thing that comes with placing blocks. As of now, I can't seem to fix the issue. I get 30-57 FPS constant, and I still do it. ON ALL RENDER SETTINGS. Doesn't matter if I am on a server and everything. People saying it's a mouse issue just makes me annoyed.
Posted Image

Catatonic27
  • Minecraft: Catatonic27

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostZoofy, on 31 January 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

To all you people that haven't had the problem: STOP SAYING IT'S A MOUSE ISSUE. There's nothing wrong with the mouse. It's a lag spike thing that comes with placing blocks. As of now, I can't seem to fix the issue. I get 30-57 FPS constant, and I still do it. ON ALL RENDER SETTINGS. Doesn't matter if I am on a server and everything. People saying it's a mouse issue just makes me annoyed.

I agree. It is defiantly not a mouse issues. When I run MC on my HP laptop, this always happens. The machine has a Quad core i7 CPU and 8 GB of RAM. I have difficulty believing that it's a performance issue, especially since this laptop runs games like MW2, Portal 2, HAWX etc at max graphics with zero lag. On my desktop that has a fraction of the specs it runs PERFECTLY.

I am inclined to believe that it's a problem built into mincraft with one of our last updates. Am I the only one who finds it weird that we can generate 3000+ blocks with WorldEdit or something with no lag, but just placing/breaking them normally lags? It's almost like whatever medium used to write new bits to the world file is running slowly. I thought it could be my HD since my desktop has an SSD but minecraft would be running in active memory, not on the HD. I've tried going into the task manager and setting the process priority to high which is supposed to allocate the program more RAM with NO effect. I just realized though that I should try actually giving mincraft.exe more ram instead of javaw.exe...

I'm as lost as all of you. My guess is this is a 'notch' problem.

edit: Nevermind. It turns out that you cannot set the priority on an application, only on a process. If anyone knows any way to change the amount of RAM MC is allocated by default, that would help, I think.

Edited by Catatonic27, 01 February 2012 - 05:08 PM.

As always my children, stay away from drugs, open flame, and normal people. They will all ruin your life.

Light Vs Dark Gaming

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

If you wanna increase the amount of Allocated memory for Minecraft this is what you gotta do.

1. Open notepad.exe
2. Enter this text: javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "-Your Minecraft.exe location-".
3. Now save as Minecraft Boost.bat.
4. Run the Batch file.
5. ???
6. Profit!

Thank you,

Dark

"May the darkness be with you."
www.youtube.com/user/LightVsDarkGaming/
Posted Image

ThEePIcpRiNny

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostLight Vs Dark Gaming, on 26 May 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

If you wanna increase the amount of Allocated memory for Minecraft this is what you gotta do.

1. Open notepad.exe
2. Enter this text: javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "-Your Minecraft.exe location-".
4. Run the Batch file.
5. ???
6. Profit!

Thank you,

Dark

Is that method compatible with magic launcher?

Xyphien
    Xyphien

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

1. Open notepad.exe
4. Run the Batch file.
5. ???
6. Profit!

Thank you,

Dark

This helps a little bit, but does not fix it completely. You will still have the glitch, but it will be reduced a tad. I am currently running it as of now myself.

Posted Image

Elnxida
    Elnxida

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: Elnxida
  • Xbox:Elnxida

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

I am having this problem while doing a solo megabuild (see YogscastSjin's Let's Build a Castle), if you would call it that. Although I will not give up, I am very close to chucking my Acer Aspire out the window. I can play countless games on it perfectly, but when I turn on my bukkit server and go on, or simply play SP, I place/ destroy two blocks with one click. I ran the Batch file suggested above, and it helped minimally. I'm sure minecraft is doing it to taunt me now... Plus, I know it isn't a mouse problem because I have tried my built-in trackpad, my wireless mouse, and my wired mouse, and it still happened. Optifine made it worse.

I hope it can be fixed, be it by a 3rd party program or a new update (*Cough* Jeb *Cough*). Any other suggestions are welcome.

Side note: The reason I am making Sjin's castle is because he hasn't released the map save yet, and I'm too damn impatient. He may have released it (perhaps called World1), but it was for an older version and was "erased" when minecraft updated it, whatever it was. I'm only working on the castle for now, but I'll eventually move on to work on the kingdom, and then the outlying villages as they are released.

500 Internal Server Error
  • Minecraft: zhuowei

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

View PostElnxida, on 23 June 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

I am having this problem while doing a solo megabuild (see YogscastSjin's Let's Build a Castle)
Maybe try updating LWJGL? I know that fixes the "move key gets stuck" issue for me, so that might also help with the keys.
http://www.minecraft...ls/Update_LWJGL

Elnxida
    Elnxida

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: Elnxida
  • Xbox:Elnxida

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Post500 Internal Server Error, on 23 June 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Maybe try updating LWJGL? I know that fixes the "move key gets stuck" issue for me, so that might also help with the keys.
http://www.minecraft...ls/Update_LWJGL
I just tried it. It didn't help... I haven't had the "Move key gets stuck" problem lately. Whenever it does get stuck in other games, I just tap that key and it becomes un-stuck. I'll keep looking.

Catatonic27
  • Minecraft: Catatonic27

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

Guys - I have a laptop with two video cards and I've had this problem on the laptop for a while and even posted on this thread previously.

The computer has a utility that switched between the low-power intel card and the high-end Nvidia GFX card I also have in the laptop. This is why MW2 runs at max graphics with no lag, but I can barely run minecraft. Because Notch programmed the game in such a way that my graphics card switching utility doesn't recognize the program as one that requires the high-end card. I have had this problem with several other indy games that should work well on this [very powerful] laptop.

You can open this utility from the control panel and manually set which programs get which card. I did that and it fixed all my problems. I don't know how many of you have this type of computer, but I hope I've helped someone out.
As always my children, stay away from drugs, open flame, and normal people. They will all ruin your life.

The_Friendly_Creeper
  • Minecraft: ultislasher1

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

Thank you,

Dark

Why not try it with more RAM? 1024 is only one Gig, maybe try 2048 (2 Gigs)? And if your on some deluxe-uber-64bit-awesome-ExpensiveAsHell computer, try 5 gigs (5120). I don't know if this'll help, but go for it :D
Oh, and I used to have this problem like a month ago. It was some kind of issue on the server's end, so maybe that could be the problem
Aargh, and one last thing (xD): I've used Optifine a month after I started playing, which was in April 2012, and I've used it ever since. Without Optifine, the Skelie I hit twenty times with a diamond sword would kill me AFTER I kill IT. Inception. Actually, more like Lagception :P

Posted Image

These Forum Emotes are Overkill

LizLeslie

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

So I've only had minecraft for a little while and this glitch is getting to the point where it's happening CONSTANTLY in my world in creative mode. My computer's graphic card is shit, and i cant change it because it's a laptop. Is there ANYTHING I can do? It's gotten to the point where it's almost impossible to build anything because it places two blocks and then breaks two blocks also. I can't close wooden doors because of the issue, and it's driving me mad. Is there anything I can do? Is this a problem with my computer or is it a programming error? ): I really like playing minecraft and it would suck if I could never effectively use creative mode again.