Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Nether Wart Speed growth?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1

Nydilia
    Nydilia

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 353 posts
  • Minecraft: Nydilia

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Ok as most off you know w8ing on servers or single player for you nether wart farm to grow takes AGES! and yes it does not respond to bone meal, but think is this way. you hunt blazes for the blaze rod to make the brewer and some other things but what if it had another function?

here is my idea: its quite simple that Blaze Powder has the effect off bone meal but only on nether warts!

Imo i think it could be nifty cuz you still have to fight them mobs to get the rod, unless your a cheater and use mods to get ice to nether! to make grinders and such.

so if you like this idea or have some negative to say or what not just coment or hit like and do what you seem fit!

I do like it tho when ppl speak up!

Posted Image
Help this fella out a bit?


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Deltavor
    Deltavor

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 675 posts
  • Minecraft: Deltavor

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

A possibility, but I prefer it when Netherwart is harder to aquire.

#3

wagow
    wagow

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 526 posts
  • Location: Casper wyoming
  • Minecraft: wagow123
  • Xbox:Wagow

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

well you really dont do much with nether wart, its just the first ingreidient in most potions. but yeah blaze pwder should do that
PONY SWAG?

#4

Nydilia
    Nydilia

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 353 posts
  • Minecraft: Nydilia

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

View PostDeltavor, on 29 November 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

A possibility, but I prefer it when Netherwart is harder to aquire.
Well its just a idea ^^ since it isnt all that ez mode to get blaze rods ether =)

Posted Image
Help this fella out a bit?


#5

assassin10
  • Location: Minecraft

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Netherwart taking too long?
Build a bigger farm!

I made a Farm that holds 288 Netherwart and it goes pretty fast.
The Sun rises in the North!
Now these points of data make a beautiful line...

#6

Nydilia
    Nydilia

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 353 posts
  • Minecraft: Nydilia

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

View Postassassin10, on 29 November 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

Netherwart taking too long?
Build a bigger farm!

I made a Farm that holds 288 Netherwart and it goes pretty fast.
Think it like this your on a pvp server and you cant build farms cuz they get greafd and stolen from then what?
thats kinda why i made this sugestion cuz i find myself stuck with a smal farm and scared of getting ambushed eny second...

Posted Image
Help this fella out a bit?


#7

Adslegend
  • Location: Derby, England
  • Minecraft: ADS_LEGEND

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

View PostDeltavor, on 29 November 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

A possibility, but I prefer it when Netherwart is harder to aquire.

Making it take ages to grow doesn't make it harder to obtain. It just makes it more tedious.


#8

Dracius
    Dracius

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

Makes sense.
Oh, and by the way:

Silk Touch.
Bloodsteel and Nethersteel Check it out!

#9

Aldans
    Aldans

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

View PostNydilia, on 29 November 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

Ok as most off you know w8ing on servers or single player for you nether wart farm to grow takes AGES! and yes it does not respond to bone meal, but think is this way. you hunt blazes for the blaze rod to make the brewer and some other things but what if it had another function?

here is my idea: its quite simple that Blaze Powder has the effect off bone meal but only on nether warts!

Imo i think it could be nifty cuz you still have to fight them mobs to get the rod, unless your a cheater and use mods to get ice to nether! to make grinders and such.

so if you like this idea or have some negative to say or what not just coment or hit like and do what you seem fit!

I do like it tho when ppl speak up!

Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. Check out my discussion and put it on there so that it can make an over-all better post. It's about things to add in Minecraft. check it out here: http://www.minecraft...s-in-minecraft/

#10

76q309
    76q309

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 472 posts
  • Location: Over there, in that direction.
  • Minecraft: 76q309

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

My points:
#1- Good Idea.
#2- ppl don't w8. People Wait. It's hard to have an intellegent conversation with someone who talks like that. Nothing personal.
#3- The idea doens't make nether wart excessively easier to obtain because blazes present a certain challenge to kill (Correct me If I'm wrong).
"Never be haughty to the humble or humble to the haughty" -Jefferson Davis

#11

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

    Enderman Ender

  • Members
  • 8155 posts
  • Location: Colorado

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

View Post76q309, on 13 December 2011 - 11:35 PM, said:

My points:
#1- Good Idea.
#2- ppl don't w8. People Wait. It's hard to have an intellegent conversation with someone who talks like that. Nothing personal.
#3- The idea doens't make nether wart excessively easier to obtain because blazes present a certain challenge to kill (Correct me If I'm wrong).
MY points(unrelated to yours):

#1 I usually kill pigmen for exp and go around fighting ghasts. They don't take very long to grow at all.
#2 The physical properties of blaze powder would burn or stunt growth of netherwart.
Posted Image

#12

Naithal
    Naithal

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

When ghast tears were first added in one of the prereleases, I thought they would be used as nothing but fertilizer for netherwart. As a consequence, I'm rather in favor of ghast tears being used as fertilizer instead of blaze rods. And, if you think about it, it does add a certain amount of gameplay. You can effectively farm blazes if you build a room around the spawner so they can't escape, but you've got to venture out and put some effort into hunting ghasts.
Rocks
The caveman's secret weapon

#13

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

    Enderman Ender

  • Members
  • 8155 posts
  • Location: Colorado

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

View PostNaithal, on 13 December 2011 - 11:55 PM, said:

When ghast tears were first added in one of the prereleases, I thought they would be used as nothing but fertilizer for netherwart. As a consequence, I'm rather in favor of ghast tears being used as fertilizer instead of blaze rods. And, if you think about it, it does add a certain amount of gameplay. You can effectively farm blazes if you build a room around the spawner so they can't escape, but you've got to venture out and put some effort into hunting ghasts.
I like this idea more, but usually by the time I get my first ghast tear they are all done growing(ghasts are usually above lava :/). Once again, WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE PROBLEMS GROWING NETHERWART?!?!?!
Posted Image

#14

likepw3d
    likepw3d

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, wart farms are to slow. :/
I have a farm of 16 warts per harvesting, Plan to make bigger.

Bigger=More Warts per harvesting

#15

ancient_power

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostNydilia, on 29 November 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

Think it like this your on a pvp server and you cant build farms cuz they get greafd and stolen from then what?
thats kinda why i made this sugestion cuz i find myself stuck with a smal farm and scared of getting ambushed eny second...

I play on a fairly large PVP server and maintain a very large netherwart farm, and it has rarely been discovered, let alone "greated deafed" or whatever you're trying to say.  Don't expect the developers to cater to you just because you can't hide your farm properly and the slow growth rate inconveniences you.

Netherwart growth is fine as it is, if it grew any faster it would be overpowered due to the effects potions grant.  Just idle in the nether and you can get stacks of the stuff in a half hour.

#16

Creepernation
  • Location: Minecraftia... In a 'New World'
  • Minecraft: Charlie1210

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

I would rather use ghast tears :P  Btw, i don't use all that 'chat talk', so i may have missed a few things you said.

#17

PurpleTopHat
  • Minecraft: e7tophat

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I disagree with this, soley because the last thing this game needs is to make resource gathering easier. All you are suggesting is a way to make gathering netherwart easier, without adding any sort of downside to help balance it out.

Easier gathering is the last thing minecraft needs. Everything is already so bloody easy to get as it is.

#18

Carzmoviefan
  • Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
  • Minecraft: Carzmoviefan

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, this sounds pretty reasonable
Proud administrator of LoculareCraft ;D
Posted Image

#19

Mulan15262

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

How about using Ghast Tears to fertilize Nether Wart?
Posted ImageHere is the dragon I am raising now. In the spoiler are my grown dragons.
Spoiler:

#20

ancient_power

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostMulan15262, on 27 May 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

How about using Ghast Tears to fertilize Nether Wart?

holy shit this totally wasn't suggested multiple times in this thread already


you're some kind of prodigy why don't they have you working on minecraft right now