• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

Considering that silk touch can't be used on mob spawners anymore, I feel getting that enchantment is only useful for spider webs. I guess that could be useful but it's really difficult to get and the pick axe I have right now is max efficiency and unbreaking with silk touch so I decided to mine. I needed redstone so I got some and then realized I'll have to place the 'redstone block' back on the ground and destroy it with another pick axe.

Who thinks we should let silk touch die and be able to use shears to pick up cobwebs?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Malnooshna1

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

The only reason why i wanted silk touch was to harvest mob spawners. The only other practical use would be harvesting glowstone blocks, it would give you the full block instead of glowstone dust, but i do agree with you, silk touch isnt that great

sunperp
    sunperp

Solar Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 2339 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Silk touch does have other uses, such as moving grass and mycelium blocks.  Being able to move mycelium blocks would be particularly useful for someone wanting to farm mushrooms without requiring a dark area or regular travel to a mushroom island biome.

Personally, until I find an actual mushroom island biome, I will not waste my time trying for high-level tool enchantments.

Edit: also, how would you produce string from cobwebs without using the shears?  Are you wanting that to go away?

Malnooshna1

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:42 AM

View Postsunperp, on 29 November 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

Silk touch does have other uses, such as moving grass and mycelium blocks.  Being able to move mycelium blocks would be particularly useful for someone wanting to farm mushrooms without requiring a dark area or regular travel to a mushroom island biome.

Personally, until I find an actual mushroom island biome, I will not waste my time trying for high-level tool enchantments.

Edit: also, how would you produce string from cobwebs without using the shears?  Are you wanting that to go away?
a sword works for getting string out of cobwebs

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:42 AM

View Postsunperp, on 29 November 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

What I meant was, if you use shears on cobweb it collects the block, but with any other tool it would hack it into string.
Posted Image

DSMK2
    DSMK2

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Minecraft: DSMK2

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

Mining large amounts of stone then turning it into stone bricks! Totally skipping the smelting part.

nebux
    nebux

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

nerf on ice blocks was very bad decision
Posted Image

zebragrrl
    zebragrrl

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 244 posts
  • Minecraft: zebragrrl

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

Being able to pick up glass.

Posted Image

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

Silk touch FTW!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

sunperp
    sunperp

Solar Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 2339 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

Actually, now that I see that picture, a self-lighting redstone ore floor would be pretty cool.

Spiriax
    Spiriax

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

Mushroom blocks? Building custom mushroom buildings, anyone?

zeel
    zeel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • Minecraft: zeel01

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

Ice! Aw crap that got taken away too. . .

Seriously, that one needs to come back. Nether water FTW.
Don't forget to tell Mojang that you. . .

Posted Image