Some images of a tour through the sky (0.83):
Here's an image of two dragons on ground, one of them saddled (0.65):
They can also hover midair and look at you (0.8):
For less annoyance, dragons can be told to sit like cats and wolves by using a bone on them (0.83):
- Fixed another entity exception on dedicated servers.
- Added config file option to override the entity ID of dragons.
- Fixed entity exception on dedicated servers.
- Added forest dragon (thanks to Venomari245 for the textures).
- Fixed reproduction limitation and increased limit to two.
- Fixed a server crash when changing ghost dragons to different breeds via chat commands.
- Fixed an error when using non-global chat commands while no dragons are nearby.
- Fixed tamed dragons with foreign owners in single player.
- Fixed positioning errors in some situations for players mounted on dragons.
- Fixed even more AI navigation bugs.
- Increased minimum distance before dragons teleport to their owners.
- Dragons no longer try to catch their owner in creative mode.
- Dragons are now generally immune to damage from cacti.
- Using a new rendering system for dragon egg entities that is independent to vanilla code and resources. This should fix some texture bugs when using additional mods and resource packs.
- Using a new non-invasive method to override the vanilla dragon egg block. This should fix the block warning message after installing (There will be one more warning after updating, though. Just confirm it as usual.).
Note: this mod is still in beta stage and has known and unknown bugs. I'm not responsible for the possible loss of dragon eggs due to bugs. Test this mod with care!
Minecraft 1.6.x (Forge only):
Dragon Mounts r36 (direct link)
Minecraft 1.5.x (Forge only):
Dragon Mounts v0.99.2 (direct link)
Old versions: List
Java source code: List
Note: you may distribute this mod on mod databases on your own under these conditions:
- State clearly that I made this mod. Don't play role games pretending you're me.
- Please link back to this thread.
- Use the adf.ly links if possible. (URL prefix: http://adf.ly/1327464/)
- Don't modify the package using .exe installers, it's really bad practice for security reasons.
Feel free to use the source code for your own dragon mods! And please let me know about any forks of this mod you want to publish!
Side product: Notch's ImageGenerator class ported for MCP, used to unfold complex Minecraft models for texturing.
Download and installation notes:
- Click the adf.ly links to support me in the development of my mods, but feel free to use the direct links if you're in a hurry.
- Move the Zip file in the "mods" directory inside your .minecraft directory.
- Depending on the version, ModLoader or Forge is required for this mod! You'll need to install it first.
- Don't forget to remove the old installation when updating!
- To hatch a dragon egg, you'll need to find a good place for it first. If you found one, place the egg block and simply right click it. The egg will then start to hatch, which will take a while.
- Once grown up, you can tame the dragon with raw fish. It will then follow and protect you like other pets.
- You can command tamed dragons to lay down or stand up with the bone item.
- To ride a tamed dragon, use a saddle on it, then right click it without holding an action item.
- To heal injured dragons, feed it with raw fish, chicken, beef or porkchop (four hearts) or with rotten flesh (two hearts).
- You can control the dragon with the Carrot On A Stick while riding it.
- (Re-)Add some sort of fire-based weapon for the dragons.
Here's something made by strazyplus for your signature if you enjoy this mod.
Alternative banner made by IceColdTiger2:
And this here is made by THA-REALAlexandrowich:
- Venomari245 - Forest dragon textures
- simocarina - Ice dragon texture
- Alexxx999 - Nether dragon texture and suggestions
- Gon009 - testing and feedback
- Thaliviel - testing, ideas and coding help
- Wulf_Oman - Ghost and Aether dragon textures
- leoslake9 - Fire dragon texture updates
My other mods