Some images of a tour through the sky (0.83):
Here's an image of two dragons on ground, one of them saddled (0.65):
They can also hover midair and look at you (0.8):
For less annoyance, dragons can be told to sit like cats and wolves by using a bone on them (0.83):
- Fixed crash when pressing custom keys while no world is loaded.
- Fixed path casing issue when loading the localization strings on the server.
- Dragons now won't teleport to the owner anymore when sitting.
- Simplified version numbering, using a single increasing number for each release.
- Added ice dragon (textures by simocarina).
- Added nether dragon (textures by Alexxx999 with modifications).
- Added custom key bindings to fly up and down when riding dragons (default: r and f).
- Dragon controls on ground are now more similar to player controls.
- Dragons are now limited to reproduce once only to prevent excessive farming.
- Dragons now follow their owners again while on ground.
- Dragons now try to catch their owners when they're falling.
- Aether dragons now fly slightly faster than other breeds.
- Fixed various AI navigation bugs.
- Fixed unsuccessful unmounting attempts when right-clicking on dragons while mounted.
- Fixed dragons not casting shadows.
- Enchantments are now applied correctly to the attack damage and health of dragons.
Note: this mod is still in beta stage and has known and unknown bugs. I'm not responsible for the possible loss of dragon eggs due to bugs. Test this mod with care!
Minecraft 1.6.x (Forge only):
Dragon Mounts r33 (direct link)
Minecraft 1.5.x (Forge only):
Dragon Mounts v0.99.2 (direct link)
Old versions: List
Java source code: List
Note: you may distribute this mod on mod databases on your own under these conditions:
- State clearly that I made this mod. Don't play role games pretending you're me.
- Please link back to this thread.
- Use the adf.ly links if possible. (URL prefix: http://adf.ly/1327464/)
- Don't modify the package using .exe installers, it's really bad practice for security reasons.
Side product: Notch's ImageGenerator class ported for MCP, used to unfold complex Minecraft models for texturing.
Download and installation notes:
- Click the adf.ly links to support me in the development of my mods, but feel free to use the direct links if you're in a hurry.
- Move the Zip file in the "mods" directory inside your .minecraft directory.
- Depending on the version, ModLoader or Forge is required for this mod! You'll need to install it first.
- Don't forget to remove the old installation when updating!
- simocarina - Ice dragon texture
- Alexxx999 - Nether dragon texture and suggestions
- Gon009 - testing and feedback
- Thaliviel - testing, ideas and coding help
- Wulf_Oman - Ghost and Aether dragon textures
- leoslake9 - Fire dragon texture updates
- To hatch a dragon egg, you'll need to find a good place for it first. If you found one, place the egg block and simply right click it. The egg will then start to hatch, which will take a while.
- Once grown up, you can tame the dragon with raw fish. It will then follow and protect you like other pets.
- You can command tamed dragons to lay down or stand up with the bone item.
- To ride a tamed dragon, use a saddle on it, then right click it without holding an action item.
- To heal injured dragons, feed it with raw fish, chicken, beef or porkchop (four hearts) or with rotten flesh (two hearts).
- You can control the dragon with the Carrot On A Stick while riding it.
Create a server plugin for multiplayer support.Should work via Forge now
- (Re-)Add some sort of fire-based weapon for the dragons.
Here's something made by strazyplus for your signature if you enjoy this mod.
Alternative banner made by IceColdTiger2:
And this here is made by THA-REALAlexandrowich:
My other mods