Note: this mod is still in beta stage and has known and unknown bugs. I'm not responsible for the possible loss of dragon eggs due to bugs. Test this mod with care!
Minecraft 1.5.x (Forge only):
Dragon Mounts WIP v0.99.2 (direct link)
Version for ModLoader: Dragon Mounts WIP v0.93 (direct link)
Version for Forge: Dragon Mounts WIP v0.93 (direct link)
Old versions: List
Java source code: List
Note: you may distribute this mod on mod databases on your own under these conditions:
- State clearly that I made this mod. Don't play role games pretending you're me.
- Please link back to this thread.
- Use the adf.ly links if possible. (URL prefix: http://adf.ly/1327464/)
- Don't modify the package using .exe installers, it's really bad practice for security reasons.
Side product: Notch's ImageGenerator class ported for MCP, used to unfold complex Minecraft models for texturing.
Download and installation notes:
- Click the adf.ly links to support me in the development of my mods, but feel free to use the direct links if you're in a hurry.
- Move the Zip file in the "mods" directory inside your .minecraft directory.
- Depending on the version, ModLoader or Forge is required for this mod! You'll need to install it first.
- Don't forget to remove the old installation when updating!
Some images of a tour through the sky (0.83):
Here's an image of two dragons on ground, one of them saddled (0.65):
They can also hover midair and look at you (0.8):
For less annoyance, dragons can be told to sit like cats and wolves by using a bone on them (0.83):
- To hatch a dragon egg, you'll need to find a good place for it first. If you found one, place the egg block and simply right click it. The egg will then start to hatch, which will take a while.
- Once grown up, you can tame the dragon with raw fish. It will then follow and protect you like other pets.
- You can command tamed dragons to lay down or stand up with the bone item.
- To ride a tamed dragon, use a saddle on it, then right click it without holding an action item.
- To heal injured dragons, feed it with raw fish, chicken, beef or porkchop (four hearts) or with rotten flesh (two hearts).
- To rename dragons, right-click them with a book.
- On default, you control the dragon with the keyboard. If you want to switch to mouse controls, simply hold a Carrot On A Stick while riding the dragon.
- Fixed leaking worlds and player entities when switching to a different world, which caused some entity anomalies and performance issues.
- Dragon breeds are now sensitive to the surrounding biome.
- Ghost dragons now must also be sheltered from sunlight to hatch from eggs.
- Improved baby name formatting.
- Eggs now produce particles to indicate the current breed.
- Fixed breeding environment data not being saved.
- Fixed collision box size for adult dragons, again.
- Changed the way how babies inherit the breed of their parents so it becomes more resistant to environmental influences.
- Added four new dragon breeds. The breed of a dragon is influenced by the environment it was exposed to as an egg.
Hint: the previous restrictions to place an egg is now a condition for one of the new breeds.
- Added config file for server settings. Created in config/DragonMounts.cfg after first run.
- Added option for dragon eggs spawning in chests. Disabled on default, needs to be enabled in the config.
- Dragons can now be renamed by right-clicking it with a book.
- Dragon babies now walk through open doors.
- The dragon's full health display is now visible for the owner only.
- The texture overlay is now rendered on all body parts and glows more intense.
- Fixed collision box size for adult dragons.
- Fixed unmounting cause the player to teleport through/into solid blocks.
- Fixed dragons sometimes looking to a wrong default direction, for real this time.
- This build is compiled using the new runtime deobfuscation feature, which means that it should stay compatible with any future Minecraft 1.5 patches.
- Dragons no longer lift off on their own until I figured out how to fix the AI properly. Instead, the dragon will now teleport to the owner more often when stuck.
- Fixed server plugin using client-only methods, which was causing a crash on dedicated servers.
- Fixed missing chat message string in ModLoader version when using dragons tamed by other players.
- Fixed dragons sometimes looking to a wrong default direction.
Create a server plugin for multiplayer support.Should work via Forge now
- (Re-)Add some sort of fire-based weapon for the dragons.
Here's something made by strazyplus for your signature if you enjoy this mod.
Alternative banner made by IceColdTiger2:
And this here is made by THA-REALAlexandrowich:
My other mods