• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

- - - - -

An Up-Close Look at Minecraft on the Xbox 360!

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

daytimepanther
  • Minecraft: daytimepanther

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

Awesome!! I love how the crafting works  :D

Register or log in to remove.

SuperZac
    SuperZac

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2522 posts
  • Minecraft: SuperZac

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

It was already almost time for everything to shut down but the nice folks at the XBox booth let me play for like 20 minutes. :)

Matttheripper
  • Minecraft: Matttheripper

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Minecraft + xbox = Awesome!:lol:

Zomblacto

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

i wonder if i will be able to host my same server IP?
zomblacto.alti.in

Liam303
    Liam303

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

I have 2 things I want to say.

1. I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT: If you own Minecraft for computer that they wont make you pay again for the Xbox version, Im hoping that players who own it for computer will get a code so they can download it for free.

2. I have Castle Miner Z, which is a Xbox Indie game. The way you craft in it is you have a list, and on that lis are the things you can craft and what you need to craft them. If you have the items, you press A on the item and it makes the item and places it in your inventory just like in the video above. I do not like this. I repeat, I DONT LIKE IT! Crafting things on the 3 by 3 square is fresh! I love it! Scrolling through a list is boring, takes time, ad is a bad idea if you ask me.

These are the 2 things I really wish they would do or change. Please reply if you have other ideas.

Guy123123

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Omg! I REALLY Wanted to Go To MineCon!
Awesome on X-Box! :Pig: :Skeleton: :Skeleton: :Skeleton: :rolleyes:

holydragonknight
  • Minecraft: huntersmasher

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

I like that interface they have during crafting. I hope the PC version can get it at some point, possibly like in Easy mode or something.

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

Looks fantastic. I really can't wait to be able to play this on my Xbox, even though I have it on my PC. It's great because I have friends who want to play it but either have a PC that can't play it (like really low FPS) or they just don't use their PC for gaming.

VinWeezl_Jr

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

Awesome can't wait for it!

Molos_Elethros
  • Minecraft: d4dd10

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:11 AM

sweet! but the PC version is better...except maybe the "this is how you craft this with these items" thing.

Boutchoo
  • Minecraft: boutchoo

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

Im already playing with an Xbox Controller xD :P XPADDER 4 EVAR!!
Posted Image

cannon4747

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

is it coming out for ps3 too because this looks amazing. if you do put it on ps3 then i'd put it on the playstation store as well as on disk becuase it will make the game so much easier for people to access, buy, and download. Cant wait!

Wiitoy200
  • Minecraft: Wiitoy200

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

*punches catus* i thought that was suposed to hurt me, I'm invincible!!!

Posted Image

sqeekses
  • Minecraft: sqeekses

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:20 AM

I don't think she had played minecraft before. *Facepalm*

Doggystrike

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

In my opinion, It looks like it sucks >.> Id prefer just for pc. Looks exactly the same, Just on big tv. >.>

niknik2121
  • Minecraft: niknik2121

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

The crafting looks like CastleMiner.

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts
  • Minecraft: Domino

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

I do like the inventory and crafting in this, though. Helps players find out how to craft certain items. Wouldn't have to keep running to the wiki all the time. Wish that was on the PC version.

But back to my main gripe.

I just kinda wished someone that has a lot more experience with minecraft would have been in this video. Would be more informative and would show new players how it differs from the PC version. If it wasn't for that guy at the booth, new players would still be confused on what's going on since they would be watching someone walk around and act all confused.

Posted Image

xcadaverx

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

It could be a straight port (which it looks like, aside from the re-worked crafting) and I'll be happy. Looks about the same frame rate I get with my PC. The only thing that looks odd to me is the mipmapping.

PicoMause
    PicoMause

Retired Video Producer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

I don't think she had played minecraft before. *Facepalm*

...what's Minecraft? ;)

I just kinda wished someone that has a lot more experience with minecraft would have been in this video. Would be more informative and would show new players how it differs from the PC version. If it wasn't for that guy at the booth, new players would still be confused on what's going on since they would be watching someone walk around and act all confused.

I am a reporter. He is there to talk about the game. I am there to give him opportunities and scenarios. The video covers many of the changes but not all. If you want more, find me on FB if you would be happy to talk one on one about my experience. :P

JohnhyBoy236

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

aha! I bet the PS3 players wish they had this!  Posted Image