[M-TCG] Minecraft - Trading Card Game! [Nether/Ender Expansion!] [05 Dec]

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Hey everyone,
I have been working on a little project for a while now, got the idea a while ago. It's a trading card game with a Minecraft theme, this game plays like Pokemon TCG but with changes and different type cards.

First Release/BETA [0.6]:
This is a first release meaning I need your help testing the game or looking for errors on the cards or in the rules, errors like:
- Spelling
- Graphic errors
- Better names for attacks or cards.
- Ideas for cards or the rules.
- If a card is over powered or Under powered.
Anything you seem may be wrong, then please let me know, but please make it constructive, thank you.

Card images:

Grass type set:

Posted Image

Dungeon type set:

Posted Image

Nether/Ender type set:
Posted Image

Item type cards:

Posted Image

Potion type cards:

Posted Image

Block type cards:

Posted Image

Power Cards:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Back of cards:
Posted Image

Rules (Still working on them):

Minecraft TCG Rules:

Aim of the game:
To win a game is like other Trading card games, The main aim is to kill 4 for a short game or 6 for longer game of the opponent’s mobs, once you kill a mob you get to pick up 1 of your 4 or 6 prize cards and put it into your hand, once all 4 or 6 prize cards are gone you have won the game.

Starting a game:
Shuffle your deck and set up your game board (see image attached to these rules). Once you have the game board all set up, each player draws 7 cards. You must have an Iron mob to put down in your first go, if you don't have a mob you can put down, put all 7 cards back into your deck and withdraw 7 new ones until you can place an active mob down.
Once each player has an active mob on the game board, flip a coin to see who goes first.

Each turn you can:
- Draw 1 card from deck.
- Attack using a mob.
- Use 1 Item card or block card.
- Use 1 potion.
- Attach 1 Power card to a mob on bench or active mob.
(You can do all of the options above in one turn if you have the right cards to do so.)

Mobs can only have 1 block card or Item attached to them at any one time, once the block card has been used discard the card.
Mobs can also have as many power cards as you want attached to them (Only 1 per turn.)
You can only have a max of 1 active mob and 5 benched/inactive mobs.
Benched/Inactive mobs cannot attack but can have power or block cards attached to them, to be used when that mob is active.

Creating a deck:
To create a deck you must fill your deck using this guide:

- Pick a Type you want Grass or Stone, or you can mix.
- 14 mobs from Iron to Gold rareness.
- 1 Diamond Card (Rarest for type.)
- 20 Power cards (Can be a mix or just one type.)
- 1 Iron, Diamond and Obsidian Block card.
- 6 Item cards.
- 2 Potions and 4 ingredients (e.g. 1 Blaze Powder & 1 Melon & 2 Awkward Potions.)
(This is a guideline you can change the number of each card as you wish, but all decks must have only 50 cards in it.)

What each card is and does:

- Mob cards (Block Icon, either Grass or Stone)
These cards are what you use to fight, there are also respawns of weaker cards to make them stronger (e.g. If you have a cow in play and draw a Mooshroom card, you can remove the cow and replace it with the Mooshroom.) What you can respawn into will be written on the card.

- Block Cards (Diamond chest armour icon)
These cards are very simple but useful cards at the right times. These will block a certain amount of damage from the opponent’s next attack on your current active mob, (E.g. Cow uses “Tackle” to hit 20 and you have an iron block card on a skeleton, it will only hit for 10.) The block card must be discarded after one attack.

- Item Cards (Minecart icon)
These cards are also useful; each card will give you a helping hand for one turn, (E.g. a “Fishing Rod” allows you to discard one card in your hand and withdraw a new one from the top of your deck.) (Only one item card can be used each turn.)

- Potion cards (Black potion icon)
These cards are similar to Item cards but are harder to get. Each potion will have 2 ingredients you need in your hand to use the potion card. If you pick up a potion before having the ingredients, you may not use it and must stay in your hand. (E.g. Blaze Powder + Awkward Potion give you the ability to use a strength potion if or when you draw one.) Once you use the potion you must shuffle all the cards back into your deck. Do not discard them as these cards can be reused once found again.

- Power Cards (Grass & Stone)
These cards are the main card you need to give the ability to use an attack. Attacks have a certain amount of blocks above the attack name; this means you must have that many Power cards of that type to use the attack. You can only attach one power card each turn to any mob on your bench or active card.

Other Rules:
- If an attack or card makes the opponent miss an attack, this only means you can't attack but you can draw a card, attached a power card to a mob, attach a item/block or potion card to a mob and use an item cards ability.

The game board set up:
This is the same/similar to pokemon game board:

Posted Image

These are concepts on what the cards would of been like, about 8 concepts before I found the one I like and hope you like to:

Posted Image

FEEDBACK PLEASE! :)
If you have any sort of feedback like I said at the start of this post please let me know, you can post reply below, or PM me or follow me on twitter @MarkDCUK.

I do realise this might be hard to test how the game plays out, I am currently thinking/ working on something to make it better, like a flash based client, but not 100% this will happen. If you can't play the game then give feedback on the cards ect please.

If you are interested in this since I am currently making more expansions like:
- Ender/Nether Deck
- Special secret deck (announced soon)

Follow me on twitter I will be giving updates and how the project is going, @MarkDCUK

Want to support this project?
If you would like to support this project please insert code below into your signature, thank you:

Posted Image

[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/826256-m-tcg-minecraft-trading-card-game-expansion-1-testers-needed/"][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/4qfkm0.png[/img][/url][/center]

I hope you like or if you play enjoy this game, there aren't the greatest amount of cards yet but more to come soon.

Thank you for reading sorry about all the text, Hope to hear your feedback soon.

SORRY IF THIS IS WRONG FORUM, I HAD NO IDEA WHERE TO POST THIS, IF YOU CAN PLEASE MOVE THIS AND NOT DELETE IT, THANK YOU :D

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

dantesmaster

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

interesing, but need nethe, weapons/armor for all mobs
If u see me run like the wind cause i'll use TNT to blow u away!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

View Postdantesmaster, on 28 November 2011 - 05:38 PM, said:

interesing, but need nethe, weapons/armor for all mobs

There will be Weapon cards which can be attached to mobs to make there attacks little stronger.

Posted Image

Locercus
  • Minecraft: Locercus

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

You spelled Tamed wolf as Tamned wolf.
EDIT: You also spelled Evolved as Envolved at the creeper card.

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostLocercus, on 28 November 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

You spelled Tamed wolf as Tamned wolf.
Thanks will be changing that now. :)

Edit: This has been fixed, Thank you.

Posted Image

XxedagexX
  • Minecraft: bil5555

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

on creeper u spelt evolves envolves or is that deliberate?
btw looks awesome! :D
Posted Image
Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

View Postbil5555, on 28 November 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

on creeper u spelt evolves envolves or is that deliberate?
btw looks awesome! :D

Thanks will be correcting that now, it should be Respawns, since I changed the saying to fit the game more. Thank you.

Edit: This has been fixed, Thank you.

Posted Image

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Anymore feedback would be great, thanks.

Posted Image

Paluchi
    Paluchi

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Wow, mind blown, everything looks so great! ^^
one small thing, does this belong in the Texture packs forum? :S

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostPaluchi, on 28 November 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

Wow, mind blown, everything looks so great! ^^
one small thing, does this belong in the Texture packs forum? :S
Thank you, means a lot reading that, and also I really don't know where to put it, I thought this is sort of graphics it's the closest thing, unless I have missed an obvious forum lol.

Posted Image

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Would love to know if anyone if thinking of trying this out?

Posted Image

santico98

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

I like  :D
:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:     for you

Posted Image

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

View Postsantico98, on 28 November 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

I like  :D
:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:     for you

Thank you :)

Posted Image

Sneak.QQ
    Sneak.QQ

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Minecraft: Sneak4000

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

I just skimmed over the thread, and it looks amazing! I'm going to reread the entire thing, of course, but I would love to test it for you!

EDIT: "Catus"
If you can't count up to 2,047 on your fingers, you're an idiot.

MarkDCUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

View PostSneak.QQ, on 28 November 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

I just skimmed over the thread, and it looks amazing! I'm going to reread the entire thing, of course, but I would love to test it for you!

EDIT: "Catus"

Thank you, I' glad your taking your time to read it, and glad you would like to test it aswell, and I will fixing that to "Cactus" asap, thanks for spotting it.

Posted Image

santico98

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

how can i test ?

Posted Image

Mr_Grandtree
  • Minecraft: Mr_Grandtree

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Snort says "if tails the attack loses 10 damage". Do you mean the pig loses 10 hp?

Creakinator
  • Minecraft: creakinator

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

Here are my comments.  I've never played a trading card game so some of my "I don't understand" comments may be due to that, so ignore those comments if a person who is familiar with the game type would be know this information.  

Two things - get the copyright and date of copyright on all your cards.  You may also want to thing about putting a hidden copyright (digital watermark?) on the images so now one could steal them from you.  You've put a lot of work into this.  Also I would copyright this ASAP.   You've already done this by posting this on this group, to some extent but I would find out how to do it more formally.  http://www.boardgame...t_trademark.htm.  Also how does this infringe on Mojang's trademark/copyright, if you go to sell this?  Do some research so nothing/no one bites you in the butt later!
-----------------------

You mention a 'coin' in a lot of the instructions.  Do all countries designate that a coin has a head and tail sides of the coin or is that just a US slang term.  I'm not sure.  

Wild Wolf - needs punctuation:  "Flip a coin. If heads, attack does +10 extra critical damage."

Pig - same punctuation idea:  "Flip a coin. If heads, attack does 40 damage. If tails, does 10 damage."  Should there be + or - signs in front of the numbers?  Is the damage critical?

Tamed Wolf (spelling) - punctuation "Flip a coin. If heads, attack does +10 extra critical damage."

Chicken - Punctuation "Flip a coin.  If heads, attack does +20 extra damage."  Is there critical damage or not?

Steve - Capitalize Steve at the bottom.  Not sure what the rest of the sentence means.

Skeleton - punctuation as suggested above. + or - damage?  "crit" = Critical damage?

Zombie -   + or - damage?    Critical damage?

Spider - punctuation as suggested above.

Charged creeper
+ or - damage?

Slime ball - Replace the , with a . and capitalize "This".

Cave Spider -  "Flip a coin.  If heads, your opponent can't attack for 1 turn."

Cobweb - "Flip a coin.  If heads, the offending mob can't attack for 1 turn."  Does "offending" mean "attacking"?

Soulsand - "Flip a coin.  If heads, the offending mob will do half the damage.  If damage 10, the offending mob will do nothing." By offending do you mean "attacking"?

Awkward Potion, blaze powder and glistering melon cards - Omit the "That is" from the first sentence.  What is meant by "One of two cards"? I would have no idea what these instructions mean on these cards. Maybe "Use this card plus Blaze Rod and a Strength potion card OR use this card and a Glistering Melon card and a Health potion card" or something like that.  This one is hard to figure out how to say in a few number of words!

Strength potion and Health Potion cards -  when it says "Shuffle two ingredients cards back into your deck"  do you mean to put the two cards mentioned in the first sentence back into the deck or any ingredient cards?  What is the difference between "Add +20" in Strength potion and "Restores 30 damage.." in the Health potion cards?  If they are the same, then they should be worded the same way.  For the health potion card when it says "From card of your choice" do you really mean ANY card?

Iron, Diamond and Obsidian block cards - I think "Opponents" should be "Opponent's".  

Under rules:

"opponents mob"
"opponent's mob", I think.

"1 of you 4 or 6 prize"
rewrite as "1 of your 4 or 6 prize"

"Once you have game board all set up each player draws 7 Cards, You MUST have a Iron mob to put down in your first go, if you don't or have all Power cards
and item cards you must put the cards in your deck and shuffle and draw again."Once the game board is set up, each player draws"
rewrite as   "Once the game board is set up, each player draws 7 Cards. You MUST have an Iron mob to put down in your first turn. If you don't or have all Power cards
and item cards, then you must put the cards in your deck, shuffle and draw again."

"Once you both have a active mob on the playing field flip a coin to see who goes first."
  rewrite as   "Once each player has an active mob on the playing field, flip a coin to see who goes first." - What's a 'playing field'?  

"Each turn you can:"
  do you mean they can do all of the items or only one of the five things?

"Mobs can only have 1 block card or Item attached to them at any one time, and can only be attached to the active mob. Once it's been used you must discard it."
rewrite as   "Mobs can only have 1 block card or item attached to them at any one time and * can only be attached to the active mob. Once it has been used you must discard it."  - *what can only be attached to the active mob?  What is "it"?

"- Potion cards (Potion Icon)
These cards are similar to Item cards but are harder to get, Each potion will have 2 ingredients you need in your hand to use the potion, if you pick up
a potion before having the ingredients you may not use it and must stay in your hand. (e.g Blaze Powder + Awkward Potion give you the ability to use a
strength potion if or when you draw one.) Once you use the potion you must shuffle all the cards back into your deck (not discard them)."
   rewrite as  "- Potion cards (Potion Icon)
These cards are similar to item cards but are harder to get.  Each potion card needs 2 ingredients which must be in your hand to use the potion card. If you pick up
a potion before having the ingredients, you may not use it and must stay in your hand. (e.g having Blaze Powder + Awkward Potion in your hand gives you the ability to use a
strength potion when you draw one.) Once you use the potion you must shuffle the potion and the two ingredient cards used to make that potion back into your deck.  Do not discard them."

"- Power Cards (Grass & Stone)
These cards are the main card you need to give the ability to use an attack, Attacks have a certain amount of blocks above the attack name, this means you
must have that many Power cards of that type to use the attack. You can only attach one power card per turn to any Mob on your bench or active card."
rewrite as "- Power Cards (Grass & Stone)
These cards are the main cards you need to give the ability to use an attack. Attacks have a certain number of blocks above the attack name. This number means you
must have that many power cards of that type in order to use the attack. You can only attach one power card per turn to any mob on your bench or active card."  -  What's a 'bench'?

"Other Rules:

- If an attack or card makes the opponent miss and attack, this only means you can't attack but you can Draw a card and attach power cards and use Item/Block/Potion
cards."
    I am not sure what this is saying.  Should the "and attack" be "an attack"?  "Draw" should be "draw".  You need to explain this one better as I am very confused at this point.

Steve cards -Need to capitalize Steve in each of the cards in the write writing.  Not sure what is meant by "Time surviving in Minecraft."  capitalize "Minecraft" in all the cards.  Replace the commas with periods when appropriate in the cards.  I would put the copyright  notice on all of your cards.

----------------

Good luck with this.  If you want me to do more proofing, then PM me and I'll be glad to do more. And of course if you don't like my suggestions, then use what you like. Hope this helps.

MarkDCUK

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for all that information, I have fixed the Rules just need to edit them on the forum, and will be doing the card edits/corrections soon, thanks for you help. :)

Posted Image

MarkDCUK

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Working on some things people have said, but would still love some feedback on these. Thank you.

Posted Image