2 replies to this topic

cake3000
    cake3000

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hey guys!

Whenever I start up Minecraft, it doesn't show the update news, it just shows a grey screen with the HTML-code

"<html><body><font color="#808080"><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><center>Failed to update news<br>java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect</center></font></body></html>"

Also I can't connect to servers anymore, while I always could. It gives the same error: "java.net.SocketException : Permission denied: connect"

This is since I have installed Norton 360 5.0 on my pc, but I have allowed everyting having to do with Java and Minecraft in my Firewall...

I have also runned CCleaner since I saw that suggestion online, but it didn't help...

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Register or log in to remove.

nigel0510
  • Minecraft: nigel0510

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postcake3000, on 28 November 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

Hey guys!

Whenever I start up Minecraft, it doesn't show the update news, it just shows a grey screen with the HTML-code

"<html><body><font color="#808080"><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><center>Failed to update news<br>java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect</center></font></body></html>"

Also I can't connect to servers anymore, while I always could. It gives the same error: "java.net.SocketException : Permission denied: connect"

This is since I have installed Norton 360 5.0 on my pc, but I have allowed everyting having to do with Java and Minecraft in my Firewall...

I have also runned CCleaner since I saw that suggestion online, but it didn't help...

Does anybody have a solution to this?

I have the exact same problem and I am looking for a solution.
Posted Image

Lohung
    Lohung

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postnigel0510, on 21 January 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

I have the exact same problem and I am looking for a solution.

these forums are the most worthless waste of time i have ever seen... ever seen