Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Offline Play, setup LAN server?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Predatorian3

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hello E'rybody.

I'm sure everyone has seen it or has asked it at one point. for those of use without a constant internet connection, would i be able to play offline? the answer to that is no, cause i tried to without internet in an airport and noticed i had to buy online time at the airport to play. then i wondered if i could set up a server on the same computer in order to play offline. and since where i live i dont have an internet connection, would i be able to do this also in my house?

Register or log in to remove.

Cr0nixx
    Cr0nixx

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1288 posts
  • Minecraft: Cr0nixx

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

yes
In the server.properties set
online-mode=false
Mindcrack like: 188.40.107.210:25565

Turtlesz13195
  • Minecraft: Turtlesz13195

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

View PostPredatorian3, on 28 November 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hello E'rybody.

I'm sure everyone has seen it or has asked it at one point. for those of use without a constant internet connection, would i be able to play offline? the answer to that is no, cause i tried to without internet in an airport and noticed i had to buy online time at the airport to play. then i wondered if i could set up a server on the same computer in order to play offline. and since where i live i dont have an internet connection, would i be able to do this also in my house?

Why would you want to play on a server if you could just play in singleplayer?

Anyways, set offline-mode=false in your server.properties and connect to 127.0.0.1

Edit: I don't know exactly, but I think you need to set verify-names=false in server.properties too.

Posted Image

HanFox
    HanFox

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 735 posts
  • Minecraft: HanFox

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

What relevance is a server to playing by yourself offline?

When you can't login just click "Play Offline" or whatever it is and play offline O.o