• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[GUIDE] Buy Minecraft with Visa Gift Card!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

CoolCanadians

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

I tryed this with a vanilla mastercard in New Brunswick both on Minecraft.net and Moneybookers and it wont let me transfer money. what do i do?

Register or log in to remove.

Ghost_ly
    Ghost_ly

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

I have $30 on my card and did all of these step and it wont let me buy the game... what am i doing wrong

aliensdan

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

i have been wanting to buy minecraft for several weeks now and i wanted to know if i should use this guide to buy it. i believe it may work but after reading the comments i dont know. i just want to know if i should use this guide or not before i do anything.

Shinji_Akagi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

I bought the Visa gift card and signed up for a Paypal and a Moneybookers account and it doesn't seem to work. I think it has something to do with verifying the accounts but I don't have a bank account I can link Moneybookers to. I also try to buy it with straight Visa but when I do that and hit confirm and pay it takes me to the Moneybookers website. I live in Washington so im not sure if its just me or... :/

Mr.Spoie
    Mr.Spoie

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

i have question! [You are only allowed to have 2 unredeemed gift codes at once and 5 in total.] show after purchase 5 code?

Divine_Creeper

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

http://www.minecraft.../#entry17241214
heres a link to my problem, any suggestions?

Shadowx34
  • Minecraft: toan732

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

Please help. I know it's simple to understand this, but can I get pass it?

Error

Your account is locked for outgoing transfers and credit/debit card payments therefore we cannot complete this transaction.

To unlock your account, you would need to provide us with colour copies (scan or camera image) of the following documents:
  • Your valid official identification document such as your international passport, national identity card or driving licence;
  • Proof of address such as recent utility bill or bank statement;
Please send them via email to: [email protected]

cooldude1128
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

I entered a single letter name when registering my card so moneybookers won't let me buy it :( is there a way to change my registered name or is walmart as bad as I think?
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

Diesal66
    Diesal66

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

I get the same message as slyskiller. :(

PinkPanzie

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

I'm having one hell of a time with this. I got my Visa Gift Card from Walgreens. I signed it on Moneybookers, but they are not getting the funds from my Visa gift Card. I've been to the Visa website, and activated the card, and made sure that my $30.00 was in the card. Now my card is locked for 24 hours, and I don't know what to do... But all I've been getting is "We can not deduct 26.95 from this credit/debit card" :c

peiftronica

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

I couldn't get to a physical store to buy a visa gift card, but that's a good idea. Here's another method that worked for me (I'm in NYC, just for the record):

1. My buddy created an account on minecraft.net, and weeks later tried to purchase. it failed to purchase, and said his account was closed.
2. I opened my own account, and purchased him a gift code with a Visa card. no problem.
3. the next day, i logged into the same account and tried to purchase minecraft, for myself, for that same account. it said my account was CLOSED. wth?
4. I created another account using the same emails address + something else (so [email protected] became [email protected], its an easy way to spoof login screens into thinking you've used a unique email address)
5. tried to purchase with a Visa on this bob+minecraft account, and it said i had reached the maximum allowed attempts at using this particular debit card for moneybooks, and that i had to try an alternate payment method or wait 48 hours.
6. created ANOTHER NEW account, got same "too many attempts" message when i tried to pay.
7. Created a PayPal account that was linked to the same damn debit card it wouldn't let me use, and the PayPal ACTUALLY WORKED!

i know, it makes no sense.

petrdiv
    petrdiv

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

When you sign up for money bookers, do u hav to put in valid information?

asadnimmmer

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

can someone help, I have 28$ on my visa gift card and signed up to money bookers, but they said that my card holding bank won't allow these transactions! Wth? I don't have a bank, so what's the problem, can anyone help! Please! I've Been trying to get minecraft for a few months now, getting all of my help from this forum, but this problem isn't on it. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!

Humululu
    Humululu

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Minecraft: Terminator1994

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

get an Paypal account

Bellaabzug21

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Very helpful, i'm sure this will help people who can't get their hands on a direct pre-paid minecraft gift card.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Deathtohell

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

My don't work because my credit card is Visa and It have 4 numebers