• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.2.5] Slimes+ V 1.4 [FORGE]

slime mod vroominator fun useful blocks singleplayer 1.2.5 forge

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Future Content (213 member(s) have cast votes)

What sort of new content would you like to see me add?

1. Slime Golems that serve a useful purpose (80 votes [21.39%])

Percentage of vote: 21.39%

2. 5 types of slimy boots, each with a special effect (60 votes [16.04%])

Percentage of vote: 16.04%

3. Liquid Slime and a unique machine to make it (45 votes [12.03%])

Percentage of vote: 12.03%

4. Friendly pet slimes (122 votes [32.62%])

Percentage of vote: 32.62%

5. Other - Leave your suggestion in the thread! (13 votes [3.48%])

Percentage of vote: 3.48%

6. Launcher rails to launch minecarts high into the air (42 votes [11.23%])

Percentage of vote: 11.23%

7. More achievements (12 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Vroominator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

While doing some experiments in my lab the other day, I accidentally got some blue dye mixed with slime, and found that slime can have some very interesting properties when mixed  with dyes.

SLIMES+
By Vroominator

Update 1.4

The Forge compatibility update! This mod is now Forge dependant, this means that you no longer need Modloader installed to use this mod, but instead, you need Minecraft Forge. Forge is allowing me to do some new super cool things. Read the changelog to see what I've been able to add this update.

This new Mod adds some useful items and blocks to Minecraft.
Posted Image

CRAFTING

Spoiler:

REVIEWS

Spoiler:

ACHIEVEMENTS
Posted Image
They now have their own Spiffy Achievement Page. Yay!

DOWNLOAD
You can download the mod Here.
There's also a direct download Here, in case you don't want to support me Posted Image
This mod also requires Minecraft Forge, the latest version of which can be found Here.

OLD VERSIONS

V 1.1: Direct

V 1.2: Adf.ly , Direct

V 1.3 Adf.ly , Direct

V 1.3_1 Adf.ly, Direct

CHANGELOG

V 1.4: Mod is now forge dependant. The types of slime block now show up below the blocks in the creative menu, instead of down the very bottom. The three variations of the Slime Machine now use only 1 Block ID. Config File, which is generated on first launch and placed in /.minecraft/config added, so you can change Block and Item IDs to make the mod more compatible with others. The achievements now have their own achievement page, so they don't conflict with other mods.

Spoiler:

INSTALLATION
All you need to do is drag the zip file you downloaded above into the /.minecraft/mods/ folder. And that's it.

Seriously. It's that easy.

TO DO LIST
-Slime Golems?
-Slimy Boots!
-Pet Slimes

COMPATIBILITY ISSUES
There are currently no known compatibility issues. If you find or own a mod which conflicts with Slimes+, Please PM me and we can sort something out.

OTHER STUFF
This is my first mod, so don't be too harsh on me! Please tell me what I can do to improve the mod, and give me ideas for new content!
Thanks, and have fun!

BANNERS
If you like my mod, feel free to pop this poorly made banner into your signature Posted Image
Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/821209-100-slimes-v-10/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/KCBNy.png[/img][/url]
Or you can use this one, made by cool37132:
Posted Image
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/821209-100-slimes-v-10/"][IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb321/cool37132/mca.png[/IMG][/url]

TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND COPYRIGHT

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.

1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Dyzj
    Dyzj

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location: In a Snow biome on Hunger bar 3 With a Pig 300 Blocks away Staring at him as the sun goes down in despair.
  • Minecraft: DizzyJay

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

Looks legit.
Live it..Like a Baws

KangaWk
    KangaWk

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Nice, simple and relatively useful :D

*Steals Chuck Norris's seal of approval to put it here*
Not sure if it still works. But you can use Ladders as sort of a way to get up higher places. - - Quoted from a post by Unit7 :P

coolbob44
    coolbob44

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: coolbob44

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Great mod! Everyone should try it out!

xDefineTheMinecrafter
  • Minecraft: xDefine

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

:iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove:
:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
Click the egg..OH NOES IT DIED.

Riking
    Riking

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Minecraft: Riking

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

I'd like to provide verification that you did NOT copy the C4 from PlasticCraft ( http://www.minecraft...pdated/#plastic ).
Snippet from PlasticCraft (1.8.1)
import java.util.HashSet;
import java.util.Random;
import java.util.Set;
import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;

public class BlockC4 extends uu
{
  public static double logbase = 10.0D;
  public static int c4Index = ModLoader.addOverride("/terrain.png", mod_PlasticCraft.modDir + "blockC41.png");
  private static int[] spr = new int[2];

public static int[][] adjdiffs = { { 1, 0, 0 }, { -1, 0, 0 }, { 0, 0, 1 }, { 0, 0, -1 }, { 0, 1, 0 }, { 0, -1, 0 } };

public BlockC4(int i)
  {
	super(i, ln.q);

c(0.0F);
	a(g);
	a("pC4");
	this.bm = c4Index;

loadSprites();
  }
Corresponding snippet from this mod:
import java.util.Random;

public class BlockC4 extends yy
{
  public BlockC4(int i, int j)
  {
	super(i, j, p.r);
  }

Approved.

Vroominator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostRiking, on 27 November 2011 - 02:29 AM, said:

I'd like to provide verification that you did NOT copy the C4 from PlasticCraft ( http://www.minecraft...pdated/#plastic ).
Snippet from PlasticCraft (1.8.1)
import java.util.HashSet;
import java.util.Random;
import java.util.Set;
import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;

public class BlockC4 extends uu
{
  public static double logbase = 10.0D;
  public static int c4Index = ModLoader.addOverride("/terrain.png", mod_PlasticCraft.modDir + "blockC41.png");
  private static int[] spr = new int[2];

public static int[][] adjdiffs = { { 1, 0, 0 }, { -1, 0, 0 }, { 0, 0, 1 }, { 0, 0, -1 }, { 0, 1, 0 }, { 0, -1, 0 } };

public BlockC4(int i)
  {
	super(i, ln.q);

c(0.0F);
	a(g);
	a("pC4");
	this.bm = c4Index;

loadSprites();
  }
Corresponding snippet from this mod:
import java.util.Random;

public class BlockC4 extends yy
{
  public BlockC4(int i, int j)
  {
	super(i, j, p.r);
  }

Approved.

Didn't even know Plasticcraft had C4 in it. :P Thanks for doing that, otherwise I probably would have got a whole heap of hate comments from people.
Posted Image

Boiledgoose221
  • Minecraft: Boiledgoose221

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

can you make slimes spawn in the day time like animals?

Posted Image

Vroominator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

View PostBoiledgoose221, on 27 November 2011 - 02:51 AM, said:

can you make slimes spawn in the day time like animals?

Probably not, as slimes are (in my opinion) the most annoying mob in the game (Kill a slime, more appear), and making them spawn in the day would get really annoying, and that would also involve editing at least one (I think) vanilla class, and I try not to do that with my mods.
Posted Image

CyberBurger
  • Minecraft: CyberBurger

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

Pretty cool! Maybe you could increase the spawnrate of slimes?
I love the texturing and the general idea is brilliant... wish I thought of it ;)

maskerade12

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

just adds more uses  to slime balls

KansasJayhawkz15
  • Minecraft: KansasJayhawkz15

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

I demand pet slimes.

Vroominator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

View PostKansasJayhawkz15, on 27 November 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

I demand pet slimes.

Your demands shall be met shortly.

View Postmaskerade12, on 27 November 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

And that's a bad thing?
Posted Image

Alexmw777
  • Minecraft: Alexmw777

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

Very nice for a first mod! As for making slimes spawn during the day: instead of changing a vanilla class you could probably simply copy most of Slime's class and make a new mob-clone species that will spawn during the day with animals. Or you could extend the class? I don't know enough Java ~_~

Vroominator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

View PostAlexmw777, on 27 November 2011 - 04:05 AM, said:

Very nice for a first mod! As for making slimes spawn during the day: instead of changing a vanilla class you could probably simply copy most of Slime's class and make a new mob-clone species that will spawn during the day with animals. Or you could extend the class? I don't know enough Java ~_~

Not sure, I'm not that good at Java either, but I am planning on adding Little pet slimes, or Slime Golems eventually.
Posted Image

CyberBurger
  • Minecraft: CyberBurger

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

View Postmaskerade12, on 27 November 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

And?

Alexmw777
  • Minecraft: Alexmw777

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:35 AM

View PostVroominator, on 27 November 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

Not sure, I'm not that good at Java either, but I am planning on adding Little pet slimes, or Slime Golems eventually.

I'm sure you'll think of something. I tried getting into Java a while back but school hindered my practice. I know extending or just copying some Entity code is always useful since you don't have to start from scratch. Slime Golems, like the day slimes, could probably just extend their Vanilla counterpart with a few tweaks. Good luck ^_^

JibberZen

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

For a first mod, this looks pretty well done.

One suggestion I have (if you feel up to the programing challenge) would be to add the ability to create a special type of large slime that acts in a manner similar to the gelatinous cubes from RPGs such as DnD.

It could move on top of other mobs (or players) and then envelope them to cause near immediate suffocation damage to non-slimes, with the only way to escape being to have someone/thing kill it or hurt it so it drops the victim, or just "swim" out of it. Of course to make it even remotely effective at killing things any movement inside of it should go slowly, I'm thinking similar to swimming against undercurrents in the game. That way it wouldn't be too much like the creeper's lethargic (but equally as devastating to players) cousin for players who encounter it, but other mobs could be killed off by it.
JibberZen's WIP functional & aesthetic blocks mod.
Posted Image

zingzang454

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

How about one that negates all fall damage? Great mod by the way, keep up the good work.

Vroominator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

View Postzingzang454, on 27 November 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

How about one that negates all fall damage? Great mod by the way, keep up the good work.

Funny you should mention that, the Glowing slime was originally intended to stop fall damage, but I just couldn't get it to work. I'll keep trying though :P
Posted Image