Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I translate the enchanting language?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1

muffinhat

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I tried to delete my alternate.png on the minecraft .jar, but it crashed my minecraft. How exactly do I do this?

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Bumpeh
    Bumpeh

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: Bumpeh

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

Translate? As in mess with it in the textures to change the way the letters appear? I don't know about that one but I can tell you it was wrote in SGA, standard galactic alphabet, if you look it up you can learn how to read it, like I did.

Posted Image


#3

king12345
  • Location: Lost in the unkown
  • Minecraft: needle44

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hmm i'd also like to know if there's a way to make it appear in english.

~DarkWraith~


#4

Sunday13
    Sunday13

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 844 posts
  • Location: On planet earth
  • Minecraft: Sunday13

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Ok, make a copy of the default.png,paste in another folder delete alternate.png, rename the copy of default.png to alternate, drag and drop the copy into the font folder
[url="http://www.minecraft...-to-minecraft/"][img]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4730/wertyui.png[/img][/url]

#5

Superpokefan94

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Watch this: https://www.youtube....h?v=Pf7JlTt2mgI
Check out my youtube channel and sub if you like, it helps me a lot: www.youtube.com/SuperPokefan94
Posted Image

#6

Polycount

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

Could someone upload their default and alternate.pngs? I deleted one out of WinRar, and now I'm screwed. I didn't make any backups, so I have to lose all my mods if I want to play Minecraft again.

Edit: I think it's silly that stuff deleted out of Winrar doesn't go in your recycle bin.

#7

theCloudMedia
  • Location: What's it to 'ya.
  • Minecraft: OrangeAvenge

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

Use this.
Posted Image

#8

Sparapt
    Sparapt

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

copy the other one and re-name it to alternate.

Also there is no longer a link between those words and the enchantments you get =(

#9

PsychoIncarnate
  • Minecraft: PsychoIncarnate

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

Editing textures ain't rocket science.

However, why would you want to?
Getting Spawn Eggs in Survival - Pokemon Style
http://www.minecraft...-pokemon-style/

#10

hexchain
    hexchain

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

Even if you replaced the file you still cannot understand what it means. The enchanting word is chosen from a list of words (which is described here http://www.minecraft...ng#Enchantments ). Don't know if there's a way to translate them into human-understandable.

#11

buddahcjcc

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

View PostBumpeh, on 26 November 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

Translate? As in mess with it in the textures to change the way the letters appear? I don't know about that one but I can tell you it was wrote in SGA, standard galactic alphabet, if you look it up you can learn how to read it, like I did.

Um given the letters are randomized, hows that work? I tried translating it and I got WASGRAB
I translated it and got a friend to translate it without telling him what I got an HE got WASGRAB as well.

I dont see WASGRAB on the list of enchants

#12

PsychoIncarnate
  • Minecraft: PsychoIncarnate

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

View Postbuddahcjcc, on 28 November 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

Um given the letters are randomized, hows that work? I tried translating it and I got WASGRAB
I translated it and got a friend to translate it without telling him what I got an HE got WASGRAB as well.
The letters aren't random. They make specific words

You just translated something wrong

Enchantment names are randomly constructed from a long list of words. Three to five words are chosen from the list and appended to each other, creating the enchantment name. Any name can be chosen for any item. Note that the names are not actually saved with the item, they are only displayed in the Enchantment Table interface, albeit with the Standard Galactic Alphabet.

    the elder scrolls klaatu berata niktu xyzzy bless curse light darkness fire air earth water hot dry cold wet ignite snuff embiggen twist shorten stretch fiddle destroy imbue galvanize enchant free limited range of towards inside sphere cube self other ball mental physical grow shrink demon elemental spirit animal creature beast humanoid undead fresh stale
Getting Spawn Eggs in Survival - Pokemon Style
http://www.minecraft...-pokemon-style/

#13

buddahcjcc

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

View PostPsychoIncarnate, on 28 November 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

The letters aren't random. They make specific words

You just translated something wrong

Enchantment names are randomly constructed from a long list of words. Three to five words are chosen from the list and appended to each other, creating the enchantment name. Any name can be chosen for any item. Note that the names are not actually saved with the item, they are only displayed in the Enchantment Table interface, albeit with the Standard Galactic Alphabet.

    the elder scrolls klaatu berata niktu xyzzy bless curse light darkness fire air earth water hot dry cold wet ignite snuff embiggen twist shorten stretch fiddle destroy imbue galvanize enchant free limited range of towards inside sphere cube self other ball mental physical grow shrink demon elemental spirit animal creature beast humanoid undead fresh stale

So... How do you figure out what the enchantment is before you waste 12 lvls worth of xp on a helmet that makes breaking blocks underwater faster?

That would make enchantment worth something for me. As it is, its worthless.

#14

PsychoIncarnate
  • Minecraft: PsychoIncarnate

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

View Postbuddahcjcc, on 28 November 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

So... How do you figure out what the enchantment is before you waste 12 lvls worth of xp on a helmet that makes breaking blocks underwater faster?

That would make enchantment worth something for me. As it is, its worthless.
You don't

The specific "Enchantments" apparently stays the same within your map (Though the phrase is created randomly on map creation) though, so if you memorize what a specific phrase says, you can figure it out. For that one map only
Getting Spawn Eggs in Survival - Pokemon Style
http://www.minecraft...-pokemon-style/

#15

buddahcjcc

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

View PostPsychoIncarnate, on 28 November 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

You don't

The specific "Enchantments" apparently stays the same within your map (Though the phrase is created randomly on map creation) though, so if you memorize what a specific phrase says, you can figure it out. For that one map only

whats the point in the language if it essentially sways nothing?

Man what a waste of a cool idea

#16

Nigel xD
    Nigel xD

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Minecraft: nigelxd

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

View Postbuddahcjcc, on 28 November 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

whats the point in the language if it essentially sways nothing?

Man what a waste of a cool idea

That post is so ignorant, I can't even

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't worry.


#17

PsychoIncarnate
  • Minecraft: PsychoIncarnate

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

It's basically to make it look magical/ mysterious because it's random and it doesn't expect you to translate it
Getting Spawn Eggs in Survival - Pokemon Style
http://www.minecraft...-pokemon-style/

#18

souljabri557

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

View Postmuffinhat, on 26 November 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

I tried to delete my alternate.png on the minecraft .jar, but it crashed my minecraft. How exactly do I do this?


View PostBumpeh, on 26 November 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

Translate? As in mess with it in the textures to change the way the letters appear? I don't know about that one but I can tell you it was wrote in SGA, standard galactic alphabet, if you look it up you can learn how to read it, like I did.

Don't delete it, but instead replace it with Notch's official English build. Note that it is not the translation that tells you what it is, but one the directly translates it, creating gibberish.

Hey Bumpeh, you banned me from the best server ever. Good times :D

Posted Image


#19

Shourin
    Shourin

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

View Postsouljabri557, on 06 December 2011 - 12:44 AM, said:

Don't delete it, but instead replace it with Notch's official English build. Note that it is not the translation that tells you what it is, but one the directly translates it, creating gibberish.

Hey Bumpeh, you banned me from the best server ever. Good times :D

This trick dos not work anymore.
Posted Image

#20

spiderwelll

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

View PostPsychoIncarnate, on 28 November 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:


    the elder scrolls klaatu berata niktu xyzzy bless curse light darkness fire air earth water hot dry cold wet ignite snuff embiggen twist shorten stretch fiddle destroy imbue galvanize enchant free limited range of towards inside sphere cube self other ball mental physical grow shrink demon elemental spirit animal creature beast humanoid undead fresh stale
Posted Image

theres also a star wars link to those words too...