• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Crashes after failed mod add

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bennybean500

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Please help!!!  My son (10yo) asked me to load the Single Player Commands mod for him.  Knowing nothing of Minecraft beyond watching him play, I followed the instructions.  Minecraft ceased to work at all, screen just froze white.  So I deleted all the mod files and reloaded the original minecraft.jar.  Now at least it loads, but unfortunately crashes every time I try to load an existing world.  I can create a new world and all is fine, but how can I (at least) get my son's already created worlds to load???

Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

Tigers_Ghost
  • Minecraft: Tigers_Ghost

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

There maybe were mod objects in that world. Now without that mod the world will not work.

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

View Postbennybean500, on 26 November 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Please help!!!  My son (10yo) asked me to load the Single Player Commands mod for him.  Knowing nothing of Minecraft beyond watching him play, I followed the instructions.  Minecraft ceased to work at all, screen just froze white.  So I deleted all the mod files and reloaded the original minecraft.jar.  Now at least it loads, but unfortunately crashes every time I try to load an existing world.  I can create a new world and all is fine, but how can I (at least) get my son's already created worlds to load???

Thanks!
The world could have been corrupted. If that is the case, then you probably can't get the worlds back.
Also, be sure you downloaded the 1.0.0 version, if it is even out.

Posted Image

Spuza_35

View Postbennybean500, on 26 November 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Thanks!

Force update usually does the trick
Posted Image

Tigers_Ghost

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Also if u want to install a mod. Check if the mod's version is compatible with minecraft's version. Mods require different other "things" to work. All mods need  Risugami's modloader some need more. But there are not much that require more. Also check if you deleted the META-INF folder inside minecraft.jar, many people forget that. But this was how to make mods work.

bennybean500

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

View PostTigers_Ghost, on 26 November 2011 - 05:38 PM, said:

There maybe were mod objects in that world. Now without that mod the world will not work.

Actually never even got to load a new world with that world.

View PostTigers_Ghost, on 26 November 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:

Also if u want to install a mod. Check if the mod's version is compatible with minecraft's version. Mods require different other "things" to work. All mods need  Risugami's modloader some need more. But there are not much that require more. Also check if you deleted the META-INF folder inside minecraft.jar, many people forget that. But this was how to make mods work.

Didn't check that.  And didn't know anything about this Risugami modloader.  I did delete the META-INF folder though.  Thanks, I'll check those first two items and try again.

Tigers_Ghost

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Steps
1. Check if the mod is compatible with minecraft version. You can see minecraft version in the menu. Now it should be Minecraft 1.0.0
2. Install Risugamis modloader witch can be downloaded HERE
3. Using WinRaR or 7-zip drag the files from risugamis modloader to minecraft.jar which can be opened with WinRaR and is located in c:/users/*usernamehere*/Appdata/roaming/.minecraft/bin. (the AppData folder is a hidden folder.
4. Delete META-INF folder.

And your minecraft is modready.
Now

Download Singleplayer commands and drag the files from its zip to minecraft.jar.
And you should have the mod installed.

Did i miss anything?

And of course youtube is filled with these kind of tutorials. Just search: How to install singleplayer commands for minecraft. And you should find a video showing how. (Videos might be outdated)