Mod Manager

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

Hippoplatimus
  • Minecraft: theaardvark973

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

POPULAR

Update: http://www.minecraft...0#entry27312019

This program allows you to easily enable and disable mods. It can also load any mod. It integrates into the game to make things as easy as possible.

Installed Mods screen
Posted Image
Note that due to how mods modify game files, you can only change what mods are disabled when the game starts. If you want to enable or disable a certain mod, you must quit the game and restart it.

Active JAR screen
Posted Image

Download (adf.ly)
Download (regular)

Installation instructions
Due to installation being very complicated, the downloaded file is also an installer. After you download ModManager.jar, simply double-click it (or start it from the command line if you can't double-click jars), and it will install itself.

Use
You can use the "Install Mod" button to install any mod that you've downloaded. Once the mod is in the list, it will be loaded whenever you start Minecraft unless you've disabled it with the "Disable" button. You can also delete mods with the "Uninstall Mod" button. It will take several seconds to load all the game files after you press the "Start Minecraft" button.

If the mod doesn't seem to be loading, but is in the list and not disabled, there may be issues with the structure of the mod. The zip file that needs to be installed should be what would normally go into minecraft.jar. If the mod includes resources or different sets of mod files, you should install the resources normally, then create a new zip with just the mod files (usually .class), and install that zip as the mod. If it still doesn't load, please post the name of the mod and a link to it in this thread.

The order of mods in the list is the order they will be loaded in. Most of the time this won't matter, but if one mod needs to be installed before another, make sure it is loaded after (I know this sounds backwards).

If you want to use multiple jars, put the other jars in the "jars" folder in the bin folder. Whatever version of Minecraft you had installed before you installed the Mod Manager in in there as "Default.jar". Feel free to rename it; you'll get an error message when you first start the Mod Manager, but you can go into the Active JAR tab and click on the new name. All of the files in the "jars" folder will appear in the Active JAR tab, so you can put different versions of Minecraft, snapshots, or heavily-modded versions in there. Note that the Mod Manager will freeze for several seconds when you select a new jar in the Active JAR tab.

FAQ
  • What version of Minecraft does this work with? All of them. The code is version-independent.
  • Do I still need a patch for ModLoader? Nope, the new loading system fixes that.
  • I get an "Installation failed. Please see the forum page." message when I run ModManager.jar. This happens if the file you're running is not named "ModManager.jar", or if the Mod Manager is already installed. Try doing a Force Update of Minecraft.
  • I get some error when I click the "Start Minecraft" button. This happens when the Mod Manager can't create the game files. This should never happen, but if it does, Force Update Minecraft, then reinstall the Mod Manager.

I made pistons. You might be interested in my mod manager.

Register or log in to remove.

gsog
    gsog

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

So, it's an external program? And it works for any version? COOOOOL!!!
(And I'm not gonna say first)
Posted Image

Reaper_kid
  • Minecraft: Young_money_grim

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

wow I've been waiting for a long time for someone to make something like this,  this is great

ilikecheese456
  • Minecraft: ilikecheese456

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

AWESOME!!! *Downloads*
Posted Image

Optimus_Walrus
  • Minecraft: megajew69

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

AWESOME! thank you.
Posted Image

The_tober
  • Minecraft: The_tober

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

View Postgsog, on 26 November 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

So, it's an external program? And it works for any version? COOOOOL!!!
(And I'm not gonna say first)
yes you are
Posted Image [SSSS]

Hippoplatimus

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

View PostFaithfulcupid, on 26 November 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

Also 1 comment - When I exit minecraft with this mod loaded my computer says minecraft has crashed..
Did you install it correctly? You'll note that the installation instructions are unlike those for any other mod.

Seikojin
    Seikojin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

This is for any version, or specific to 1.0.0? It seems like it would work for any version.  Simmilar to what I thought someone would do for a mod loader.  Actually utilize the folder that comes with minecraft for mods.  LOL

woodscientist

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

i love this and have been waiting for some thing like this but how do i use mod loader?

JustSmall
  • Minecraft: JustSmall

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

:o

You just pwned Mojang for the 2nd time.

-Snap-

DjScream3
  • Minecraft: DjScream3

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Also 1 comment - When I exit minecraft with this mod loaded my computer says minecraft has crashed..

Same problem here  :unsure:

when I close minecraft it freezes

Wazlefish

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

Great work! Well done.
Posted Image

Andalia
    Andalia

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Minecraft: Andalia

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Great. Thanks.

PyroKnight
  • Minecraft: PyroKnight

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Is it possible to integrate this in-game also as a sort of mod?
That way you can modify mod usage on the fly without entering this program first.
Find me on...
Posted Image

Doopz479
    Doopz479

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

This seems to happen when I close Minecraft from the X at the top right, if you click quit from the in-game main menu though, it closes fine.

Tarheels96
  • Minecraft: Tarheels96

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Thanks man now i dont have to delete mods to download others. Great time-saver

Nathan719

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

The "Start Minecraft" button doesn't work for me.
I'm on a Mac.

evandoyle1

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Will it find already installed mods

Hippoplatimus

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

Turns out the crash on close was caused by a minor bug. It's fixed now, so download again please.

View PostNathan719, on 26 November 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

The "Start Minecraft" button doesn't work for me.
I'm on a Mac.
The buttons sometimes don't work the first time you press them. I'm not entirely sure why. If it doesn't work, try waiting a few seconds and trying again. If you've hammered on the button a good 20 times and it doesn't do anything, let me know.

whackmouse
  • Minecraft: whackmouse

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

very nice mod
i will use this