• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Hwaldar
    Hwaldar

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hello,i'm kind of new here,so if i posted in the wrong place,please let me know.

Recently,me and my friend tried to do some LAN gaming,but...he got an error of "Outdated Client".
Thing is,we're using the same version.

What's the problem,and how to fix it?

-Hwaldar

Register or log in to remove.

Hwaldar
    Hwaldar

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

'Ello?

Kingluigi
  • Minecraft: Kingluigi

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

*Chuckle* On this site, you can't expect people to answer in a few minutes. Honestly, beyond this one, your next message might come in a few days.

Unfortunately, I currently have the same problem with no known way of fixing it. Actually, I was hoping that the answer was here. However, I am actively digging through the forums, and as soon as I find the answer, I'll repost it here.

XBel
    XBel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

r u trying to Lan alpha or classic?
some ppl like to kill pigs, some ppl like to kill zombies, i like to kill mountains!

CaptainScrumpy

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

Did you reinstall the client with a new copy from the minecraft.net site?

Kingluigi

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

No, but it says the same thing in the browser version for me, too.

TheGuardian001

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

Are you running the server software on your LAN? Because that needs to be updated manually after every major update.

Hwaldar
    Hwaldar

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

Thing is: i'm using Hamachi for the LAN,we're trying to play Alpha,but for some reason he gets that error. Our versions of the game completely match. Others say it works fine,but for me,it doesnt seem so.

XBel
    XBel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hwaldar said:

Thing is: i'm using Hamachi for the LAN,we're trying to play Alpha,but for some reason he gets that error. Our versions of the game completely match. Others say it works fine,but for me,it doesnt seem so.

U's doing that illegally, u not got a paid account
some ppl like to kill pigs, some ppl like to kill zombies, i like to kill mountains!

toxin1234

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:43 AM

hey what do you mean by re download the client? i have had the same problem for atleast 2 weeks!!! my dad can't even fix it!!

Kingluigi

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

Right now, the strangest part of it for me is that Classic multiplayer works just fine, but Alpha SMP always shows this error message.

Kingluigi

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

Found it! The answer was in an old forum topic, so here it is again so that you don't have to go digging for it.
Not sure which part of it worked, so try it again after each step, just so that you don't mess too many files up.

Step 1: Delete the bin folder. I found this by searching for %appdata%\.minecraft and I found it under that. Not a lot of damage, especially since this was the way I fixed the [b]permanently at "Done Loading" error[/u]. This is also probably the only step you have to accomplish, but if it still doesn't work, try the next two, one at a time.

Step 2: Clear your browser cache. This usually can be found under options. Minimal, if any, damage.

Step 3: Run a command line (by pressing the Windows key and R, then type cmd and hit enter) and type in ipconfig/flushdns then hit enter. I would strongly suggest doing the other two first, since I have no idea yet exactly what this step has done.

I followed these steps, and it works just fine now. It also changed the greyed out "tutorial levels" button to a "Mods and Texture Packs" button, so my guess is that for some reason, our versions of Minecraft didn't automatically update. Go figure.

Kalkas
    Kalkas

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Hey, i tried all the three steps...nothing works, it just keep saying " outdated client! "    i played about five minutes in smp servers just fine...then comes update, after that...that errormessage keep popping up...any help? :VV: bought the game today and really wanna play smp :VV:) :D

adsy2010
    adsy2010

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

now youve bought it download the client from here:

http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

make sure your running the latest version of the alpha server too.

rock54
    rock54

Carpenter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Minecraft: Rock53

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

dun work D:
I BLAME THE CREEPER.

Kingluigi

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

Another reason why you might be getting the error is because the admin has not updated the server yet. In that case, there's nothing that you can do except wait, because what they use to update the servers is not Notch's updates, but instead, they use a client by hey0. I don't really understand many of the details (I don't run my own server), but I think that every time Notch produces an update, hey0 has to make one for the servers, too, and that can take a while.