• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] Mo' Creatures - v6.2.0 with Ents and Moles!

mocreatures creatures mobs pets horses

• Please log in to reply
60378 replies to this topic

Pikadex
    Pikadex

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Minecraft: Pikadex
  • Xbox:MistakenTrapor

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Cool! I have an idea...
Have an option to make Turtles (and perhaps other mobs) have different modes when tamed, toggled with a certain item. Follow mode, in which they will follow you around, and Roam mode, in which they travel around an area. This can be useful for raising and releasing Turtles. You can raise them in captivity, and once they grow very large, let them travel into the wild. You could still check on them, however. :) Also, it would be useful to having a bunch of turtles travel freely in a giant terrarium, instead of them always trying to follow you.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Seanman4610
  • Minecraft: seanman4610

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

i have everything that forum says but it gives me a black screen

annotheminer

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hey, you should make Thermites in the next update :D They eat Wooden Planks, they spawn in Jungles and VERY large Trees, they are neutral, 2 Health and gives 0.5 damage!

catbox01
    catbox01

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Can't hardly keep my eyes awake.

Server is moving along nicely - sorry I wasn't able to get you an updated permissions file for bukkit. I will try to get an example of the one we use tomorrow. (meaning later this morning). With item values being switched around, it looks like the default settings for entry on a server have limited equipment. The permissions can be set to provide a kit, which is probably what they are doing, and it's over-riding existing inventories. Again, I'll see what I can do.
Posted Image

SarnjiProto

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hello. I am having a issue/bug with Mo' Creatures mobs not spawning in the Nether naturally on my Minecraft server. Anyway to fix this that doesn't involve restarting the server map? Thanks in advance!

Great mod. Have a diamond :Diamond:

Mcsnorbajs

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

You should be able to breed "BigCats" and to cross breed them (for example a "liger") it would be really fun and AWESOME ;P

View PostPikadex, on 01 December 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Cool! I have an idea...
Have an option to make Turtles (and perhaps other mobs) have different modes when tamed, toggled with a certain item. Follow mode, in which they will follow you around, and Roam mode, in which they travel around an area. This can be useful for raising and releasing Turtles. You can raise them in captivity, and once they grow very large, let them travel into the wild. You could still check on them, however. Posted Image Also, it would be useful to having a bunch of turtles travel freely in a giant terrarium, instead of them always trying to follow you.
That is a AWESOME idea!Posted Image

CakeMasta
  • Minecraft: CakeMasta
  • Xbox:XtremeCake

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

The memorable conjecture studies outside the penguin.

True fact
The burning fringe matures against the tray.

CakeMasta
  • Minecraft: CakeMasta
  • Xbox:XtremeCake

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

For everyone that is having trouble, something that helped me fix  the black screen is to delete the .minecraft folder, after saving all of your worlds and stuff then start minecraft and it should give you a fresh new minecraft folder removing broken or glitched out folders so you can restart, then make sure you have the right mods from the link in the thread or from gofus vid and REMEMBER to delete meta inf before dragging forge into the folder.  Then drag forge then gui into the folder then mocreatures  and cms into the mods folder and yeah that stuff.Hope his. Helped:)
The burning fringe matures against the tray.

Pumber_37
  • Minecraft: Pumber_37

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Custom Mob Spawner isn't working. Black screen

Emilie
    Emilie

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Minecraft: Emilielol123lal

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

When i ride a horse does it jump automatticly?
because it doesn't jump when i press space...

derkwizzerds101
  • Minecraft: derkwizzerds101

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Why do I keep crashing when I try to join your Mo'Creatures server?  I have mo'creatures installed correctly and it works fine in single player, but I keep crashing the moment I join the server.  Can someone please help me?  Thanks!

Woops, I forgot the error log.  Here it is:
Spoiler:

Edited by derkwizzerds101, 01 December 2012 - 12:04 PM.

[URL=http://doctorwho.ikingssgc.com/]Posted Image[/URL]

mgwerner
  • Minecraft: mgwerner

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Great mod, love all the new creatures.

However, I am having an issue with invisible crocodiles.  I was killed by one.  I had killed a couple, and then my view swung around, and I heard the crocodile sound.  I could not see the croc, and when I used F5, I saw my avatar in the air in a sitting position, and kept taking hits.  Once I died, I came back into my world, and found another invisible croc, this one was approaching me (REI Minimap) and growling, but was not visible.  No tall grass in the way, it was just not there.

Anyone else having this issue?  Is this a secret feature, or a bug?

Also, I have fish and rays spawning in the swamp.  They die rapidly, and the fish leave behind eggs, which is feeding me.  I think this one is a bug.

Cheers!

philoscience

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for a truly awesome mod. This really makes minecraft come alive in a way it has not (for me) in a long time! The first time I saw a snake, I jumped and screamed out loud! My favorite is the little creatures- the fish, birds, and insects that really make minecraft feel alive. I have the frequency of all the larger animals turned down because otherwise they tend to spawn way too much, and I don't like seeing a river full of dolphins for example. That way the little creatures add atmosphere and the rare creatures add depth!

Anyway, I have one minor issue- why do groups of animals tend to spawn all at once in a "clump"? For example, bugs seem to usually spawn all at once in sets of 4-5 of the same species. I find this very immersion breaking. Is it not possible to change this behavior so that spawns occur more randomly/less clumped together?

edit: as the poster above, I also have fish and rays spawning in swamps and then dying.

edit2: had the server mod working but then it suddenly crashed! now whenever I log onto the server it crashes instantly. I was able to connect to your server no problem, could it be a mac problem?

error:
Spoiler:

Edit 3: Fixed the problem by nuking my local mac install and starting fresh with the tested version of forge (I was on their rec'd build). Works great now but something is causing extreme slowdown. Has anyone noticed slowdown with this mod? Might be something wrong with my server.

wierHL
    wierHL

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Minecraft: wierHL

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

I love the snails, just please don't make plagues of them that destroy all plants. Posted Image
Also, it would be fun if there was a Helix Pomatia AKA escargot that could be cooked with budder sauce. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (sorry I'm a sky army recruit :))
Seriously, it's one of my favourite types of food. :P

Mcsnorbajs

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

How do i tame white tigers? i can't find any cubs?Posted Image

Mikalia_Colorata

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

is there a way to disable specific items ? i love the mod but i dont like the fact that it add new weapons and armors, its already too much the items it add to tame its own creatures, i feel like weapons and armors are diverging from the mod's original proposal.

rich1051414

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostMikalia_Colorata, on 01 December 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

is there a way to disable specific items ? i love the mod but i dont like the fact that it add new weapons and armors, its already too much the items it add to tame its own creatures, i feel like weapons and armors are diverging from the mod's original proposal.
Then don't use them... don't complain about features you don't use, this is incredibly ungrateful and selfish.

Posted Image

cataractdigger

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

I've been noticing underwater mobs either spawning above ground or underground in swamp biomes and some water mobs start dying in the water too like dolphins.

FelisVulpes

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Are foxes tameable? that'd be amazing ;3;

Sparky1016891
  • Minecraft: Sparky1016891

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostMcsnorbajs, on 01 December 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

How do i tame white tigers? i can't find any cubs?Posted Image
The way you normally do with BigCats. The cubs are just rarer to find than other bigcats

View Postbobzila10000, on 01 December 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Imagehow do I get this mod???!!!!!Posted Image Posted Image
I'm guessing you didn't read the OP. Check again and you might find out.

View PostXxHunterxX, on 01 December 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

hey guys is there a list of the instructions for taming every animals?
You can find it in the OP or in the README.txt withing the changelog or the in the mobs list.

View PostSeanman4610, on 01 December 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

i have everything that forum says but it gives me a black screen
No one can help until you post a crash log.

View PostFelisVulpes, on 01 December 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Are foxes tameable? that'd be amazing ;3;
no

Posted Image