Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested adress: JVM_BIND

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

pkpikachu

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

UNINSTALLING HAMACHI DID THE JOB.

Hello, i've ran a bukkit/vanilla server since march 2011. I stopped hosting it because i got this error: 'java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested adress: JVM_BIND'
I'm pretty sure i've forwarded my ports right, according to that the server ran fine untill some day.
In this period, i got a new router, which didn't solve the problem.
Also, i've tried hosting the server on my (way too slow...) laptop, which worked fine.
So this is probably my PC being a douchebag. Still, i'd like if someone could anwser why this happens and, especially, how i can fix this.
I have tried the ports 25565, 25575, 25555 and so on.
Every other software tells me that the port is forwarded.
I saw a lot of threads with the same problem. Although they kept unanwsered or the problem was in 'server ip= ....'

Video:

Properties file:
#Minecraft server properties
#Sat Nov 26 08:47:22 CET 2011
online-mode=true
pvp=true
server-ip=
spawn-animals=true
allow-flight=false
server-port=25565
motd=A Minecraft Server

Server log:
2011-11-26 08:48:02 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.0.0
2011-11-26 08:48:02 [INFO] Loading properties
2011-11-26 08:48:02 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 84.85.54.10:25565
2011-11-26 08:48:02 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
2011-11-26 08:48:02 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
2011-11-26 08:48:02 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

pkpikachu

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

bump? :(
Posted Image

bannon52
    bannon52

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

same prob :(

cedeel
    cedeel

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 375 posts
  • Minecraft: cedeel

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Kill all instances of java in your task manager.

runda20
    runda20

Carpenter

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

I have no java running?!  D: WHY SO DUMB BUKKIT!
I get this >.>
Posted Image

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8047 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

read my sig, it may help

kman107
    kman107

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Minecraft: kman107

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

webrosc i done that but i want MULTIPLE people on my server!!!
:angry:

Defakto227

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

2011-11-26 08:48:02 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 84.85.54.10:25565 

This line should have *:25565.

I would venture a guess that somewhere bukkit has another config file it's using that's causing your issue.  Is 84.85.54.10 the IP of your computer behind your router?

ModernFuture

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Same exact problem! I don't get the "*:25565" I get the (example) "12.345.67.890:25565". I have no clue whatsoever about what this is, I've had PC experts try to help me they couldn't even do it. I don't even use bukkit (yet) please help I mean PLEASE

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

Open your server.properties file
Leave this:
server-ip=12.345.67.890

Like this:
server-ip=

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

ModernFuture

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostAmberK, on 23 March 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Open your server.properties file
Leave this:
server-ip=12.345.67.890

Like this:
server-ip=

The point of a minecraft multiplayer server, is to be multiplayer! That just allows it for you to play on. We want multiplayer servers not single player ones.

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostModernFuture, on 24 March 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

The point of a minecraft multiplayer server, is to be multiplayer! That just allows it for you to play on. We want multiplayer servers not single player ones.

No true. This is networking. It is like a warehouse. The server-ip is the box's number. If you do not use one, it will look in every box. If you put one, it only looks in that box.

It is best to leave it blank

We would rather not have incorrect information be posted. Please make sure your info is right before posting.

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image

ModernFuture

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 24 March 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

No true. This is networking. It is like a warehouse. The server-ip is the box's number. If you do not use one, it will look in every box. If you put one, it only looks in that box.

It is best to leave it blank

We would rather not have incorrect information be posted. Please make sure your info is right before posting.

I don't think we're on the same subject. I want anyone from anywhere to connect to my server. How will they connect now that I left the IP field blank?

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostModernFuture, on 25 March 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

I don't think we're on the same subject. I want anyone from anywhere to connect to my server. How will they connect now that I left the IP field blank?

We are, and unless you understand the finer points of how a network work, this can be hard to explain.

In technical terms: The point of that line is to specify to the server what IP to listen to for connections to the server. IF you specify one, Java will attempt to bind to the IP and the port. IF it cannot, it will throw that error. Leaving it blank will cause Java to then listen to any IP that the computer knows for connections. By leaving it blank, it will listen to any of its internal IPs for connections. Leaving it blank is the best as it will allow it to listen to what it needs to and not be limited
Now, if people want to connect to your server, they will use your external IP, which is found here: http://www.whatismyip.com That will show your external IP, which is what people will use to connect. Now, this only works if the network they are connecting to is port-forwarded, which means connections made to a specific port will be forwarded to the machine that it is told to forward them to, your server. The server needs to bind to at least the internal IP of the network it is in to be able to receive those communications. Otherwise the packets are dropped and the server cannot be reached.

IN SIMPLE TERMS: Leave it blank, port-forward, give them your external IP.

Please do not act like I have no idea.

Also, please make a new thread instead of jacking someone else's.

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image

hexparrot
    hexparrot

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1150 posts
  • Minecraft: hexparrot

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 25 March 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I think it'd save time for everybody for a new sticky to exist for this reason.  I'm certain this isnt the first time you had to convince somebody that leaving the server-ip field blank was the correct course of action.
Posted Image

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16137 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

View Posthexparrot, on 25 March 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

I think it'd save time for everybody for a new sticky to exist for this reason.  I'm certain this isnt the first time you had to convince somebody that leaving the server-ip field blank was the correct course of action.

There is :(

http://www.minecraft...ons-collection/

pkpikachu

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Okay... this might be some kind of bump... but i want to say that i fixed it by de-installing hamachi
So if you did EXACTLY what people say, and it still doesn't work...
it might be a problem with your network drivers.
Posted Image

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Postpkpikachu, on 03 April 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Okay... this might be some kind of bump... but i want to say that i fixed it by de-installing hamachi
So if you did EXACTLY what people say, and it still doesn't work...
it might be a problem with your network drivers.

Or just something overlooked. Most likely/usually the issue.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

FAdminRT
    FAdminRT

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

I had that same problem until I noticed my IP had changed O.o

perry331
    perry331

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 25 March 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

We are, and unless you understand the finer points of how a network work, this can be hard to explain.

In technical terms: The point of that line is to specify to the server what IP to listen to for connections to the server. IF you specify one, Java will attempt to bind to the IP and the port. IF it cannot, it will throw that error. Leaving it blank will cause Java to then listen to any IP that the computer knows for connections. By leaving it blank, it will listen to any of its internal IPs for connections. Leaving it blank is the best as it will allow it to listen to what it needs to and not be limited
Now, if people want to connect to your server, they will use your external IP, which is found here: http://www.whatismyip.com That will show your external IP, which is what people will use to connect. Now, this only works if the network they are connecting to is port-forwarded, which means connections made to a specific port will be forwarded to the machine that it is told to forward them to, your server. The server needs to bind to at least the internal IP of the network it is in to be able to receive those communications. Otherwise the packets are dropped and the server cannot be reached.

IN SIMPLE TERMS: Leave it blank, port-forward, give them your external IP.

Please do not act like I have no idea.

thanks Lord for some reason that actully works :)