• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[MAC] Can't open 'Open Texture Pack Folder'

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ultrisity

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:46 AM

Hi recently i got on to Minecraft to notice that a new update had arrived.

I was actually really excited to see this new tab on the Minecraft Application with the new sentence saying 'Mods and Texture Packs' i clicked on it to see only a Default skin so i decided to click the 'Open Texture Pack Folder' but...

Sadly good things must come to an end. It didn't open anything. Later on i tried doing it again and yet again, no response...
I searched around the forum to also see no problems for anyone else with the Mac? I know that seeing as it is a MacBook Pro it doesnt have My Computer and such and such... But please if you have any idea on creating such i folder called .minecraft in the right place then please do comment below -_-

Register or log in to remove.

TheGuardian001

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

For some reason the button doesn't work on Macs.

You can get there manually by going to
Library > Application Support > minecraft > texturepacks

IvansYoutube

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

Here you will find everything you need

Useful Tutorials!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/MCPCT
How to install a minecraft server:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kMthsbqqCXg
How to install texturepacks
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lOqbr29-Q8U

Santosvella

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

TheGuardian001 said:

Hi, I was having the same problem and thought that would solve it but... there is no Minecraft anywhere in my Application Support Folder. As a matter of fact, the only thing that turns out when I try to run a whole hd search for Minecraft is the app itself.

alexisaboy

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

Santosvella said:

TheGuardian001 said:

Hi, I was having the same problem and thought that would solve it but... there is no Minecraft anywhere in my Application Support Folder. As a matter of fact, the only thing that turns out when I try to run a whole hd search for Minecraft is the app itself.

I know this post is old but search through your actual user folder instead of just Macintosh HD. It worked for me.
I still can't get my texture pack button to work and ever going through manually and putting the packs in the folder I still don't know how to get it to work in the minecraft launcher.

bakanino
    bakanino

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:55 AM

I've having the same problem. My application support folder is empty when I go to it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not empty (I was using a shortcut, not actually going to it from library), but minecraft is still noticeably absent.

TheGuardian001

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:01 AM

bakanino said:

I've having the same problem. My application support folder is empty when I go to it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not empty (I was using a shortcut, not actually going to it from library), but minecraft is still noticeably absent.
Press Command+Shift+G, and copy-paste the following:
~/Library/Application Support/Minecraft
You may have ended up in the wrong user library.

Maddog077

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

Guys its really simple to get texture packs on mac. Follow these steps

1. Make a folder on your desktop with your Launcher in it if you don't have one already
2. Download MCPatcher viewtopic.php?t=46173
3. Put that into your folder that you just made on your desktop
4. Run MCPatcher
5. Click the checkbox for texture pack and hit browse button to the right of it (the bottom or last of the 3)
6. select the .zip file of your texture pack
7. Hit the patch button
8. Once it finishes place the new .zip file into the same folder as your launcher
9. Start up the game and it should have the new texture pack if you want to switch hit the change texture pack button in your launcher

hope this helps if you have any questions or want me to put up images, Just pm me or go to my server The Last Stand
-- Maddog
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BassManNV

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

TheGuardian001 said:

bakanino said:

Press Command+Shift+G, and copy-paste the following:
~/Library/Application Support/Minecraft
You may have ended up in the wrong user library.

The problem with navigating here is that people like myself were going to their general computer's Library, not their profiles' Library.  If your profile/account's name is Joe, go to your computer's profile Users/Joe/Library/Application Support/Minecraft

Happy trails!

Sergeant1337
  • Minecraft: Sergeant1337

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

I almost got that problem. I got an PC with windows XP. I'm use to win 7 so I don't get win XP. When I press open texture folder, I can't open the texture pack. I think it is cuz I only got the folder, not the winrar-file. But I can't extract the file :cobblestone:

Sorry for my english..

MooPants
    MooPants

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

View PostTheGuardian001, on 17 November 2010 - 04:47 AM, said:

mine dosent show up in it can u make the instructions more detailed