Imagine a universe in which you are the 1400 year old Time Lord known as, The Doctor. Imagine You had the ability to travel to new planets, Now imagine that you weren't imagining this. You are the 12th Doctor, you have a Type 40 T.A.R.D.I.S you call Sexy, and you are able to travel to and explore an untold number of worlds, taking on quests to save those worlds in this exciting sandbox game with story elements built into minecraft!
Note: This Trailer does not show all features in the DWCM
What Happens when you start a new game?
The following information you are about to read is the script for the opening cut scene animation that you will view when you start a new game. This sets the entire OPTIONAL story gameplay into action and serves as a backstory to the overall story of the game. Please take the time to read it, the story aspect is optional and you can always free-roam if you choose, to unlock more planets than the default you do have to find the TARDIS Memory Crystals (more information below.)
This video is a refresher for most of the important links that you need to know for all the iKingsSGC and Mod Division Projects!
Daily Report Archive: www.DailyReport.iKingsSGC.com
Doctor Who Client Mod: www.DoctorWho.iKingsSGC.com
Stargate Chevron 7: www.Stargate.iKingsSGC.com
iKingsSGC Server Network: www.Servers.iKingsSGC.com
iKingsSGC Mod Division: www.ModDivision.iKingsSGC.com
This project is is currently in the Pre-Alpha Development Stage, no Publicly available version has been released however we hope to begin our Alpha Phase in Novemeber.This modification is currently under heavy development in its Pre-Alpha Development Phase which means that it has not been released for download. To understand this project and its content, it is recommended to read the entire post. Any questions asked about anything that has been discussed in this post may not be responded to. Reading through the entire post allows you to understand everything about this mod and the people working on it.
Pre-Releases Policy (why we wont do them):http://ikingssgc.com...nt-do-them.219/
Official Plans for Release:http://ikingssgc.com...ly-report.1062/
- TheiKing: - Founder / Senior Partner and alot of other things too long to list
- Yofreke: - Senior Partner/ Head of Java Developement
- Allister: - Modeler
- Edmiester777: Java Developer [iKingsSGC Forums Moderator]
- S3RCSnake: - Java Developer
- DotEfekts: - Java Developer - Head of iKingsSGC Plugin Development
- Zionixion: - Modeler (on Hiatus Due to College)
- Con_Number_1: - Modeler
The iKingsSGC Mod Division is always looking for talented modelers, texture artists and Java Developers to join our team. We are a very small team tackling massive projects and always need more programmers, please submit your application at the link below if you are interested in helping us complete these projects!
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW
This section is dedicated to all the main features of the mod. This can include anything that relates to important functions of the mod.
- The TARDIS - One of the Most prominent features of the DWCM. The TARDIS is the Doctors main mode of transportation around the cosmos and through time. With a enormous" bigger on the inside" Dimensionally Transcendental interior the TARDIS is a great place to find hidden features and easter eggs as well as go on adventures and expeditions like they have never done in the show. The transition from the outside of the TARDIS into the interior is seemless and involves no loading screen or wait time it is instantaneous . (Lots of Videos on the iKingsSGC Forums)
- Regeneration - In the beginning of the DWCM storyline the Doctor regenerates into the 12th Doctor, while playing the game the player will have a amount of "Excess Regeneration Energy" that acts as a last chance system that will heal quite a bit of damage if both of the Time Lords hearts fails.
- Story Line - The DWCM has a optional layer of storyline game-play. We wanted to go above and beyond what minecraft modifications have done in the past and with something such as Doctor Who there needs to be a goal for the Doctor to do so we created a sandbox-story hybrid type game-play experience. To unlock more content you need to find TARDIS Memory Crystals that were scattered through time and space in the opening cut scene animation.
- Cut Scene Animations - Our Goal for Cut-scenes are to have them play during the loading of a new planet, however since rendering/playing videos in java can be extremely difficult this will be one of the last features completed, however that being said we are currently rigging the animations in Maya and regardless if we can render them in game we will have the animations available to view on our Youtube Channel.
- Time Vortex - You cannot create something based on Doctor Who and not have the Time Vortex in there some way or another since it is what the TARDIS travels in time and space through. The DWCM Time Vortex is our own design of the vortex and it involves a mini-game style of usability. Basically you control the TARDIS direction with your mouse and try to avoid hitting temporal plasma clouds and entities that live in the Vortex, if you hit one you may be sent off course to a planet/time era you were not expecting to end up at.
- World Selection GUI - The World Selection GUI is accessible from the monitors on the TARDIS Console, this system is used to select your destination you wish to travel to with the TARDIS. The Interface is essentially a map of the entire universe which is interactive and contains Solar Systems and Planets contained in them.
- Planets & Time Eras - The DWCM contains a vast range of Planets and Time eras that the player (as the Doctor) can travel to in the TARDIS. By default there is a set amount of planets that are accessible, to unlock more planets all you have to do is find more TARDIS Memory Crystals.
- Solar Systems - Solar Systems in the DWCM contain several planets you can travel to such as the Adipose Breeding System or the Sol System.
- The Smart Entity System - This is our own type of AI that expands on the vanilla entity AI systems and allows our mob feature sets to be more complex. Currently there are over 50 Smart Entities and that number is growing.
- TARDIS Flight GUI - This is a great unique system that acts as the interface to control the TARDIS in game. It acts as a hub of all the things you need to know to keep the TARDIS Functioning including Rift & Artron Energy levels, Temporal Rift Location systems, Co-ordinate input for dematerialization (going one place to another.) You also have the ability to access the World Selection GUI directly from the TARDIS Flight Interface.
- Huon Particles & Swarms -In the Doctor Who Client Mod storyline the Doctors TARDIS' Huon particles have been infected with a previously unkown virus that causes the TARDIS to crash land on minecraftia and set the storylines chain of events into motion. The Huon Particles act in part with several of the TARDIS power systems. When the TARDIS transmatted the Memory Matrix Crystals across time and space Huons were transported with them and act as a detection system to find the crystals location.
TO READ ABOUT ALL THE MAIN FEATURES PLEASE CLICK HERE
This Section is dedicated to the creatures/species contained in the Smart Entity System. Each Category in this section is divided in 3 sections. The Sections are as Follows:
Hostile Smart Entities
Neutral Smart Entities
Friendly Smart Entities
- The Cyber-Daleks - Description of Creature's Planet: A once thriving planet that used to have a race called 'Humans' as it's rulers. Currently Earth, or Sol-3, has no humans inhabiting it, but a massive empire formed from the union of Daleks and Cybermen. In an alternate universe in which the Daleks, a vile race formed from the being known as Davros, had accepted the Mondasion Cybermen's offer to join forces to upgrade the universe, a new entity was formed. Once the alliance was created a new species came into existance this species would be known as the Cyber-Dalek, which is a Dalek-Cyberman hybrid.
- Magma Serpent - Magma Serpents are a hostile entity that can only be located in high temperature zones on alien earth-like planets. Its body is composed of a trail of lava/magma extending from its head.
- The Weeping Angels -The Weeping Angels are a species of winged humanoids from the early universe, so called because they covered their faces, giving them a weeping appearance, to prevent trapping themselves in stone form for eternity.
- The Cybermen
- The Skith - The Skith are humanoids, made of ice from the Ownplanet. The are covered in ice shards. Most are transparent, but some are different colors, including the red leader. They are capable of shooting ice shards from their hands. The Skith in the Doctor Who Client Mod are a future evolution of the Skith seen in canonical DW Comics
- The Daleks - Daleks are the mutated descendants of the Kaleds of the planet Skaro. They are the oldest and most frequent foes of the Doctor, having faced him several times in every one of his incarnations. Once the game starts and teh TARDIS crashes in the opening scene the Transmat error will have brought Daleks to the world of minecraftia and they begin to terraform the planet into a new Skaro. The Doctor Who Client Mod Daleks operate on an sort of military chain of command with there being different ranks involved with the Daleks and each rank has a specific function in the hierarchy of the new Dalek Empire.
- The Toclafane - These Toclafane are TARDIS recreations of the Utopian Humans. When a power surge blew the TARDIS' main power core several species were recreated inside and outside of the TARDIS.
- Faries (Torchwood) - Fairies could be seen in two forms: a small, glowing humanoid form with butterfly-like wings; and a human-sized, more monstrous form. Both forms had wings and could fly with ease. At least in the larger form, Jack Harkness described them as only visible from the corner of one's eyes.
- Pied Piper (Odd Bob, Spellman) - Smart Entity - The Pied Piper is an energy entity originally from the Jeggorabax Cluster, a region known to house beings feeding on emotions. The Pied Piper manifested a need for fear in order to break loose from a piece of rock it was bound to, known as the Weserbergland Meteorite.
- The Zaralok - The Zaralok has shark-like in appearance, but have some differences to Earth sharks. It is about fifty feet long, partially covered in armored plates, with two separate caudal fins. It could withstand the enormous pressure of the ocean floor, and could see in the dim waters there thanks to its large eyes. It was extremely fast and flexible. It could also survive in fresh water.
- The Krillitane - The Krillitanes are a species able to take the abilities from other species, giving them new appearances and qualities. They could also create morphic illusions, giving them the appearance of yet other species.The Krillitanes have become more human-like, with shorter necks and smaller tails. They have various shades of skin ranging from pinkish to charcoal grey, sharp claws and a flattened, fanged face. They sleep upside down like bats and have very sensitive hearing. The Krillitanes are carnivorous and eat other sentient creatures, but they would also eat rats.
Neutral Smart Entities
- The Silurians (Modern) - The Silurians - also known as Eocenes, **** reptilia and Psionosauropodomorpha - were a species of Earth reptile. Technologically advanced, they lived during prehistoric times alongside their aquatic cousins, the Sea Devils. Unlike other species, Silurians showed vast differentiation between breeds, such as the number of eyes or the formation of their pupils.
- Judoon - Judoon are humanoids with stocky builds and rhinoceros-like heads. They have large lungs to breathe even in environments with low levels of oxygen. Their thick skins are capable of withstanding most forms of attacks and their ears are capable of selective hearing. Judoon have yellow blood. They had rather small brains; a Judoon brain is able to fit in a humanoid palm.
- Leprechaun - Creatures from earth legend, who enjoys partaking in mischief. Like other fairy creatures, leprechauns have been linked to Irish mythology.The Leprechauns spend all their time busily making shoes, and store away all their coins in a hidden pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. In legend if a leprechaun was ever to be captured by a human, the Leprechaun has the magical power to grant three wishes in exchange for their release.
- Cupid - The Roman god of love and the children of Venus. Cupid's are small, winged boy's and Girls, carrying a bow and love arrows. The arrows, once struck the heart, makes the victim fall in love, however in some species that have two hearts the arrow has serious side effects.
Friendly Smart Entities
- The Adipose - Baby Adipose are hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They have two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs as well as a habit to giggle. Baby Adipose are born from the fat of other species and mainly located in the Adipose Breeding System.
Non Bipedal Floral Entity (NBFE) - Non-Bipedal Floral Entity (N.B.F.E) for short is a name for a range of species that appear to be a flower.
- K9 Mark IV - K9 — occasionally styled K-9 — was the designation given to a series of intelligent dog-like robots who served as companions for the Fourth Doctor, Leela, Romana, Sarah Jane Smith and Starkey.
- Many More over on the iKingsSGC Forums (character limit prevents further listing)
TO READ ABOUT ALL THE SMART ENTITIES PLEASE
Support us and show us how much you love our work by using any of the support banners.
[URL=http://doctorwho.ikingssgc.com/][IMG]http://www.ikingssgc.com/newop/banners/banner_6.png[/IMG][/URL]Other Doctor Who Client Mod Banners :
[URL=http://ikingssgc.com/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nHALEov.png[/IMG][/URL]Older Mod Division Signatures:
iKingsSGC Signatures :
The iKingsSGC Mod Division is a section of the iKingsSGC that develops modifications of the highest quality for Minecraft such as the Doctor Who Client Mod and Stargate Chevron 7 which are respectively whole games being built on-top of minecraft.. The certain members of Mod Division also develop the iKingsSGC Server Network Custom Plugin Suite which modifies the in-game environment of our servers to the point of being a Modification of the game itself without the need for a client mod.
The Mod Division is a group of a few talented developers with the goal to set forth and create some of the highest quality and most ambitious projects ever seen in minecraft. Our goal with our projects is to break down the barriers of what is currently minecraft modding and to hopefully make the modding community a better place.
Our projects are of insane scale and ambition, Doctor Who Client Mod being an example of such projects. When we first started people expected it to be just another mod that adds blocks, mobs and items....much like the majority of modifications out there. But as a whole we are just sick and tired of the disappointing amount of creativity mods had these days so we decided that we needed to make our projects something no-one has seen before. Thus came developing a game on-top of minecraft. With a story based sandbox hybrid structure we are developing a system that will be the next level of minecraft modding.
Our goal for the Doctor Who Client Mod is for that to be a base platform for other projects to develop games ontop of minecraft, such as Stargate Chevron 7 (the DWCM's Sister Project.) We want for Minecraft to become the creative resource that it once was.
List of current Mod Division Projects:
- Doctor Who Client Mod - iKingsSGC Forums (Official) PMC MCF
- Stargate Chevron 7 - iKingsSGC Forums (Official) MCF
- iKingsSGC Custom Plugin Suite - No Links Available until iKingsSGC Server Network re-opens.