Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Server Communication Error!?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

xAbbreviate
  • Minecraft: xAbbreviate

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Okay this is really irritating me now. When I try to connect to a server I get 3/4 different error messages each time I try to connect (a new error message each time) and beneath the server details, it constantly says 'communication error'. This means it's taking me 20 - 40 tries to actually connect to the server. Is anyone else having this issue? And do you know a fix?

Register or log in to remove.

xAbbreviate
  • Minecraft: xAbbreviate

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Is it just me having this issue?

MrWafflePants78

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

I am having this issue also but i have not tried to connect 20 times so im yet to get on my server and even on the server list its says "communication error" next to my server.
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

dabram71
    dabram71

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Minecraft: dabram71

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

View PostxAbbreviate, on 24 November 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

Is it just me having this issue?
Nope, its very common. The best fix is to NOT connect to the server till it says that it is up. It will give you "Communication error" and continue to do so if you connect right away. There is no other fix really though. But if you know the admin a restart can fix this as well.
Posted Image

ravenstaver

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

View Postdabram71, on 26 November 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:

Nope, its very common. The best fix is to NOT connect to the server till it says that it is up. It will give you "Communication error" and continue to do so if you connect right away. There is no other fix really though. But if you know the admin a restart can fix this as well.
this does NOT work for me and sadly i can't use ANY server commands :(
Plz help

Azres
    Azres

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Minecraft: Azres

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Postravenstaver, on 28 November 2011 - 07:10 AM, said:

this does NOT work for me and sadly i can't use ANY server commands :(
Plz help
Restart your minecraft :)

melmomelmo

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostAzres, on 08 January 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Restart your minecraft :)

I tried that but it didnt work i am so angry :angry:

noobinstyle
  • Minecraft: Noob_instyle

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

i have the same problem with Iceandcraft server
i've reinstalled minecraft 2 times and forced the update several even rebooted my pc.
but nothing seems to work
it's been 2 days and i still have the same problem
Posted Image
volo gelatio

SuperBrawl64
  • Minecraft: SuperBrawl64

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Ive had this problem for 3 months and i just cant fix it

Stardus
    Stardus

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Stardus124

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

hmm usually it depeds where u live u should try play at ur local server if ur trying to play on a server thats far away it will lag and if its even worse u can't conecct to it

Themineyguy123
  • Minecraft: CoolieoStewio

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Same here....... I've tried to connect to a server that I have been on for MONTHS. Now that I am playing on another server that an admin on the other server I play on owns, the server (not the one that the other server admin owns, it's the other one) it's just saying "Communication Error" and when I click on it, "Connection Lost: End of Stream"...... is anybody willing to help? Anything will.

Temperate
  • Minecraft: Temperate

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have this problem every now and then too. But your best bet is to restart your client and wait it out. Nothing more you can do.
"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car." -Random Funny (Wise) Person.
Posted Image

LagadoMC
    LagadoMC

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

This is an extremely common error; I guarantee you there is literally nobody who has never had this before. Hope Jeb fixes this soon.

KyRoNiiK
    KyRoNiiK

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

I have the same problem it says cummunication error and my friends and me cant join,I mean me and my friend were just playing on it and its not working now,its bukkit server and I port forwarded correctly and when I type stop into the server log nothing happens! please help I really wanna play on this server again and if it helps i used a program called "ĀµTorrent" to automatically do my port forwarding..I no this doesnt help but this started when I put my computer in the living room since my room is getting remolded please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  :( :(

mugs
    mugs

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

ave thisproblem too but its my own home server

simbakuro28
    simbakuro28

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

I have this problem. sometimes i just wait until it works or ill try to 'Direct connect' button to get to server

G4M3RIDx
    G4M3RIDx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Minecraft: G4M3RIDx

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

I found out how to fix it for me, (my own server gave communication error.) need to make sure your typing the correct ip not a no-ip that doesnt work, therefore make sure you arent connecting via no-ip
G4M3RIDx

kharkiv
    kharkiv

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Minecraft: kharkiv

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

nothing is working for i am just going to conntact op

ojoman2001

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

omg i did everything like 100 times Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Imagesooooo angry! help?
Posted Image

bigdaveberg
  • Minecraft: bigdaveberg

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

Same issue but for only one server, and when I traced it it asid it was based in huston.
Posted Image