• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

jerickhd
    jerickhd

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

hey dont u guys think that they should put minecraft on the ipod? i think so. just sp. but i think it would be a awsome app.

Register or log in to remove.

Obibital
    Obibital

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

nope
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, an opinion cant be awful. Its an opinion. Its your opinion that his opinion is awful.
                                                             - A Knowledgeable Poster

Mavi
    Mavi

Carpenter

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

nope

Kinichie

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

I would hate controlling my character on an iphone. Let alone an iPod.
Note to self: Stop getting yourself banned.
Posted Image

jon99977
    jon99977

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

Nope.

I hope minecraft never gets ported to any other thing than the computer.

If you want to play minecraft away from home, get a decent laptop.

Punisher1295

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

Nope.avi.

You know what we need? Minecraft on DS. I can imagine the controls would be OKAY on that.
This is a useless signature.

Vilborg
    Vilborg

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2769 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Punisher1295 said:

Nope.avi.

You know what we need? Minecraft on DS. I can imagine the controls would be OKAY on that.
That would be very epic.

K_Kinnison said:

If i were a mod, i would be destroying threads like a creeper at a hug-a-thon

Meddyan said:

That's right, this elevator is powered by MURDER and ANIMAL CRUELTY.

Denn said:

Manly blood is both highly acidic AND highly basic, but I'm glad to see you're paying attention.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

BionicRock

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

I could see Minecraft on 3DS working, hell we already have a 3D option in the menu and the bottom screen could be used for either a minimap or realtime inventory. Not sure what the 3DS specs are though and there is the issue that the game is far from being complete enough to be ported to any sort of virtual store, maybe after it's out of beta?

HPMinecraft

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

Minecraft can already run on iTouch/iPhone, as well as Android, since the game runs in Java. But it's not supported, and Notch has mentioned he won't even look at supporting it (at least for now).

A DS version would be awesome, and is probably do-able. I'm not sure if Java has been ported as homebrew to the DS yet.
Posted Image

Punisher1295

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

If Minecarft were to be on DS, what would it be released as? Homebrew or an actual cartridge?

I'm going for Homebrew, but I'm also thinking the .nds file can take up a lot of space...
This is a useless signature.

Zahn
    Zahn

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

I have a Droid. It would be cool to play on my Droid if it was possible to move the character effectively. However, touch screen is not a very good control system for a first person game. The DS would be pretty cool, tho!
In the beginning, Notch created the Nether and the Earth, and in it he made a man of sand and called him Steve. Notch made Steve strong so that he may punch wood, and lo, Steve was to have dominion over all square things.

Bluewood

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

http://kotaku.com/56...fton-the-iphone

Fredfredbug4

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

When will people learn that crossing over a game to a platform it wasn't intended for always ends in disaster?
Posted Image

Nicknam4
    Nicknam4

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:12 PM

gvdf5n-zI14

Obibital
    Obibital

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

BionicRock said:

I could see Minecraft on 3DS working, hell we already have a 3D option in the menu and the bottom screen could be used for either a minimap or realtime inventory. Not sure what the 3DS specs are though and there is the issue that the game is far from being complete enough to be ported to any sort of virtual store, maybe after it's out of beta?

Implying the 3DS has 3D capabilities

which it doesn't
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, an opinion cant be awful. Its an opinion. Its your opinion that his opinion is awful.
                                                             - A Knowledgeable Poster

Deathdude315

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

mobile phones and ipods/phones are currently not powerfull enough to run minecraft in its current form, its far too power hungry, memory read and write speeds are also slower on mobiles (this includes ipods/phones) so imagine trying to play while its got to generate more of the map.... lag city

yottabyte
    yottabyte

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

How many of these apple fanboys topic are there really? Lrn2search ffs.

HPMinecraft said:

Minecraft can already run on iTouch/iPhone, as well as Android, since the game runs in Java. But it's not supported, and Notch has mentioned he won't even look at supporting it (at least for now).

A DS version would be awesome, and is probably do-able. I'm not sure if Java has been ported as homebrew to the DS yet.
Correction, it can be run on Android since that is based on Java. Apple devices are based on C, C++ and Objective-C. Which would require an engine rewrite. Notch has said he is intrested in porting a smaller version of Minecraft to Android in the future though.

Posted Image

BionicRock

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

Obibital said:

BionicRock said:

which it doesn't
You do know the top screen is autostereoscopic right?

Obibital
    Obibital

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

BionicRock said:

Obibital said:

BionicRock said:

which it doesn't
You do know the top screen is autostereoscopic right?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

they lie to me.
                                                             - A Knowledgeable Poster

flamerx
    flamerx

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

Minecraft was actually on the ipod touch, it was called minecrafted and it was a complete ripoff of minecraft that some guy sold for a buck without notches permission ( he was going to ask though), it's gone now. Anyways i could never see the ipod with minecraft on it, how would the controls work? How would it handle fancy infinite random generating maps? I want it to stay pc.

I also don't want it on the 3ds, i can't wait for the 3ds to come out ( i want to get starfox 64 3d) but minecraft on it would never happen.