• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Satriark
    Satriark

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

I would love for a Hunger mod to be put in place as a optional survival challenge in the option menu.
For example, it might look like a Ham slice bar (like the health bar) and sits above the health bar and deplenishes over time, and eating Ham :D  , bread :D , apples etc would put it back up along with your health.
I think it would add to the survival aspect of the game.

Satriark

Register or log in to remove.

tons0phun

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Another useful bar is the search bar.

But no worries! I'm glad to see another person who would like a little more challenge and a little more survival in their survival mode!

Notch has also implicated that he has interests in implementing weather-effects on the player; staying in extreme hot or cold temperatures for too long could effect your health. Just imagine it combined seasons!

I look forward to some Lewis & Clarke caliber expeditions!  :SSSS:
Professional Underwater Lava-miner. Posted Image
Also a massive mushroom mongler.

terile
    terile

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

You don't need a separate bar for that - just make it so the player loses one health every nightfall and sunup - that way they have to eat to stay alive.

Trinalsis

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

terile said:

You don't need a separate bar for that - just make it so the player loses one health every nightfall and sunup - that way they have to eat to stay alive.
This method would be very useful, actually, because it means peaceful players would be exempt already.

I can see this working, but I'm sure many people will think one health is too low because you could live off of one raw pork chop a day.  I don't think it needs much of an increase to be a reasonable amount of food per day, though.

tucker2550

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

the whole just losing 1 heart a day thing is a good idea but it should be 2 hearts because 1 raw pork chop  heals 1 1/2 hearts

Posted Image

carlover177

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

starvation and wounds are two different things. there should be a separate meter for hunger.

"Most people think life is a game, people like drug addicts and killers, but life is like a rocket, you only get one shot

cottontshirtz

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

What about reducing the players max health? Though, it would have no effect different from just plain hurting the player, since eating would restore their max health as well as their current health.

TheZombie
  • Minecraft: PCZombie

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Notch has already planned this idea...
Posted Image

nintro7
    nintro7

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

i think you should have a separate bar for the hunger meter and when it drops to like 3 you should start to see stuff
like a creeper riding a pig or dogie screen (maybe you could fall to the ground once and a while too) then whean you hunger bar reaches 0 you start losing hearts every second/minute

p.s sense this is a mod there should be a a thirst bar too (and a water bottle to have a way to drink)
if someone does this  :)  :iapprove:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond: to that someone!
Posted Image
i might make a zoo! would you like that?

unknown45

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

i think the player must have at least 2 meals a day?
Posted Image
Posted Image

im a wolf tamer :)

Talk'in bout minecraft

Ghune
    Ghune

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

There is already a mod like that : "xie hunger"
viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=157009

It works in ssp, not the smp (but soon). It's the only mod I need an it's perfect...
Posted Image

WizardNombie

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

Overly suggestion, pretty sure there already is a mod for this. Move on, and quit complaining.

Posted Image

I paid for Minecraft in early Alpha, see - http://www.minecraft...er=WizardNombie