• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to make your own minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

chader101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

hello minecraft, I was just wondering how to make your own server, with step by step instructions. Please be detailed. Thank you.

Register or log in to remove.

ravendreams
  • Minecraft: Ravendreams

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Have you looked at the Minecraft wiki, on the section for servers?

acejet124

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

What system do you have?(Mac, Windows, or linux)?
Posted Image

voordal
    voordal

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5680 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

I would look up the (many many many) guides to set up a server.

There are many.
Did your world disappear from minecraft? Is it corrupt? Lags? Can't move? "Saving Chunks" Crash? Crashes when you open chests? It can be saved!
Minecraft Saver World Recovery Website: http://mcsaver.net.  Recover and save your precious worlds! Over 1500 saved!

chader101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

View Postacejet124, on 22 November 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

What system do you have?(Mac, Windows, or linux)?
windows

acejet124

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Are you using the .exe or .jar version?
Posted Image

chader101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

View Postacejet124, on 22 November 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

Are you using the .exe or .jar version?
I don't know :P

acejet124

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

First go to www.minecraft.net/download then you download the minecraft_server.jar "Double click on the "Minecraft_Server.exe" file and the server should start.
If Windows does not recognize the filetype (You are being prompted to select a program to open it with), it may be because Minecraft_Server is missing the .exe extension. This can be fixed by renaming the Minecraft_Server file to Minecraft_Server.exe. If it worked, the icon should now be the Minecraft symbol.
If this does not work, you will have to go into a command window by opening Run, typing cmd and pressing enter. Once there you need to navigate to the folder you have created.
To do this:
Ensure you are in the proper drive (usually c drive). Type C: and then hit enter to access the c drive
Now you need to call the directory (open the folder). Type cd \"folder name" then hit enter. Make sure to include the quotation
Ensure you are in the proper directory. Type dir and command will generate a list of contents of the folder, you should see minecraft_server there.
Rename Minecraft. Type rename minecraft_server minecraft_server.exe then hit enter. This should add the .exe extension to the executable and it should now operate correctly" Then you click the +1 under this comment.
Posted Image

chader101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

View Postacejet124, on 22 November 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

First go to www.minecraft.net/download then you download the minecraft_server.jar "Double click on the "Minecraft_Server.exe" file and the server should start.
If Windows does not recognize the filetype (You are being prompted to select a program to open it with), it may be because Minecraft_Server is missing the .exe extension. This can be fixed by renaming the Minecraft_Server file to Minecraft_Server.exe. If it worked, the icon should now be the Minecraft symbol.
If this does not work, you will have to go into a command window by opening Run, typing cmd and pressing enter. Once there you need to navigate to the folder you have created.
To do this:
Ensure you are in the proper drive (usually c drive). Type C: and then hit enter to access the c drive
Now you need to call the directory (open the folder). Type cd \"folder name" then hit enter. Make sure to include the quotation
Ensure you are in the proper directory. Type dir and command will generate a list of contents of the folder, you should see minecraft_server there.
Rename Minecraft. Type rename minecraft_server minecraft_server.exe then hit enter. This should add the .exe extension to the executable and it should now operate correctly" Then you click the +1 under this comment.
I'm so sorry, I have no idea what to do, I'm new. i wish you could do it for me!

acejet124

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

#1:Go to www.minecraft.net/download

#2:Download the minecraft_server.exe

#3:Put the minecraft_server.exe in a new folder.

#4:Double click minecraft_server.exe.
Posted Image

chader101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

View Postacejet124, on 22 November 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

#1:Go to www.minecraft.net/download

#2:Download the minecraft_server.exe

#3:Put the minecraft_server.exe in a new folder.

#4:Double click minecraft_server.exe.
how do i put it n a new folder?

acejet124

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Um.... drag it in?
Posted Image

ravendreams
  • Minecraft: Ravendreams

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

If you get really confused or lost by the above posts.  Try this link and see if your able to follow it.  If you get stuck at a step let us know so we can guide you past that step.  

http://www.minecraft...net/wiki/Server

chader101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

View Postacejet124, on 22 November 2011 - 11:28 PM, said:

Um.... drag it in?
i tried..

acejet124

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

Well I don't really know how to, go to your downloads and drag it out of there.
Posted Image

chader101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

View Postacejet124, on 22 November 2011 - 11:33 PM, said:

Well I don't really know how to, go to your downloads and drag it out of there.
ok, i dragged the minecraft server into the folder