Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article


[WIP] [1.2.5] [16x] CandyLand Texture Pack - User Request Based Content!


  • Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1

Fatfatcheeks

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

CandyLand Texture Pack - WIP



Posted Image

NOW UPDATED TO 1.2.5

Hello Everybody!

This texture pack will be a continuation and redesign of the abandoned project here -
http://www.minecraft...p-updated-v-16/
I did NOT copy the gravel or chocolate textures from there, as there is not even a download link. I simply was inspired by it, as with the gingerbread man.

Post below any block, item, or mob ideas you have and the best ones will be created!

This texture pack will eventually be a full texture pack to make your worlds Candy Land. I realize that there is already a popular Candy Land texture pack but this one will be created progressively with others, and the content will be voted on by the users.

PRE-RELEASE [1.2.5]: --DOWNLOAD LINK--

Some examples -

Rock = Chocolate squares

Coal rock = M&Ms in chocolate squares

Dirt = Pink cotton candy

Grass = Blue cotton candy

Gravel - Sprinkles

Bedrock = Jawbreaker

Obsidian = Peppermint bark

AND MANY MORE

Some screenshots -

Posted Image
Gravel


Posted Image
Oompa Loompa NPCs

Scroll through the pages for more!
CandyLand Texture Pack - http://goo.gl/3lG6U

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Fatfatcheeks

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

Yes already, new additions have been made!

Bedrock = Jawbreaker

Obsidian = Peppermint bark (Just in time for Christmas)

Posted Image


Posted Image




Please leave feedback! Ideas for items, blocks, mobs, etc are all needed. Let me know what you think! :D
CandyLand Texture Pack - http://goo.gl/3lG6U

#3

Jedyst
    Jedyst

    Zombie Killer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 167 posts
  • Minecraft: Jedyst

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

Download link.
Jedyst

#4

lavafoxx

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

Gingerbread men, liquorice (endermen), icecream golems . Ice cream scoop for a shovel, candy cane for a hoe, cinnamon stick sword. gummy bear armor perhaps?
[url=minecraft4kids.net]Posted Image[url]

#5

cooldude1128
  • Location: Somewhere and nowhere
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Make sand nerds. :D Also, pixistix for sugar cane. Snow is so ice cream. Glass is sugar,
considering that is the inside of nerds. Iron bars could be candy canes, and
turn the ground into cake, and the grass to frosting. The trees should be the cotton candy.
:D

And as lavafoxx said, zombies should be gingerbread men, pigs could be wafer monsters
with different colored nestle wafers for porkchops, sheep could be more cotton candy,
iron could be jolly ranchers, when in the ground they have wrappers.
Diamonds could be ringpops. XD Squid could be straw beasts, water could be coke,
lava could be molten chocolate, netherrack might serve as redhots.

Oh god, so many suggestions. Please give me credit.

Wood could be the candy holder, wooden things could be
the same, chickens could be those marshmello yellow birds,
cows could be gingerbread as well, gold could be a different
color of jolly rancher, red flower a candy cane, yellow
flower could be a frosting flower, skellingtons could be
red licorice. I'm still not out of Ideas, but I will stop
here.

Oh, yea. PM me if you include my ideas. I gotta go now.
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

#6

Fatfatcheeks

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Gingerbread zombies, pixistix sugarcane, molten chocolate lava; I am loving these ideas!! I will be sure to give you all credit. This will be an awesome collaborative project! I have just created peppermint bark obsidian, and I will add screenshots to the jawbreaker addition post.



View PostJedyst, on 23 November 2011 - 01:31 AM, said:

Download link.
As for this, I can do that I suppose, and just put new downloads up every time I finish a major version. Which download service would everyone prefer? Is ad.fly good?
CandyLand Texture Pack - http://goo.gl/3lG6U

#7

cooldude1128
  • Location: Somewhere and nowhere
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

View PostFatfatcheeks, on 23 November 2011 - 02:18 AM, said:

Gingerbread zombies, pixistix sugarcane, molten chocolate lava; I am loving these ideas!! I will be sure to give you all credit. This will be an awesome collaborative project! I have just created peppermint bark obsidian, and I will add screenshots to the jawbreaker addition post.




As for this, I can do that I suppose, and just put new downloads up every time I finish a major version. Which download service would everyone prefer? Is ad.fly good?

Try adcraft.co

Also, reread my above post. Made edits. And also, I'm a horrible texture artist.
But if you need ideas, I can overflow you with them.  :rolleyes:
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

#8

Fatfatcheeks

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

View Postcooldude1128, on 23 November 2011 - 02:21 AM, said:

Try adcraft.co

Also, reread my above post. Made edits. And also, I'm a horrible texture artist.
But if you need ideas, I can overflow you with them.  :rolleyes:
Thanks I will try adcraft and get an early download up. And yes, ideas are awesome.
CandyLand Texture Pack - http://goo.gl/3lG6U

#9

QuabizRabiz

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

Zombies = angry gingerbread men?
Skeletons = Something that shoots candycane arrows?
Creepers: Those chocolates with the cherry filling...


I love this idea, by the way, I'm in love with heavily themed texture packs.

#10

cooldude1128
  • Location: Somewhere and nowhere
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:02 AM

More ideas!

Soul sand could be pudding, glowstone rock candy, redstone pixistix dust, bricks as wafer candy,
stone bricks as different chocolate types, tnt as pop candy (Get it?), and creepers as pop candy
monsters! Oh yea, rotten flesh could be gingerbread. Feathers marshmellows, crops gumdrops.

More tomorrow.

Oh yea, spiders as gummy spiders.
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

#11

cooldude1128
  • Location: Somewhere and nowhere
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

View PostQuabizRabiz, on 23 November 2011 - 05:00 AM, said:

Zombies = angry gingerbread men?
Skeletons = Something that shoots candycane arrows?
Creepers: Those chocolates with the cherry filling...


I love this idea, by the way, I'm in love with heavily themed texture packs.

Yea, but why would it go boom? I was thinking pop candy.
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

#12

Fatfatcheeks

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

Ahh so many good ideas by everyone, I love the idea of wafer bricks, and pop candy TNT, and gummy spiders! And yes skeletons are hard... candycane arrows for sure though.

Anyways, by popular request, I have created the gingerbread zombie. He is happy, because an upset gingerbread man is just wrong. In the final version, his pixels will be more varied and mixed.

The block that looks like stone is my current version of glowstone, it is just a brighter version of regular stone. This will change.

Posted Image
Gingerbread man - "There's a new kid in town"
The creeper - "D:"
CandyLand Texture Pack - http://goo.gl/3lG6U

#13

QuabizRabiz

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

View Postcooldude1128, on 23 November 2011 - 05:18 AM, said:

Yea, but why would it go boom? I was thinking pop candy.


...Too much deliciousness caused an internal combustion of flavor?!?!!? Lol, hell if I know.

Have you done lava yet? Perhaps hot caramel? I don't know, depends on what you make the water.

#14

cooldude1128
  • Location: Somewhere and nowhere
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

View PostQuabizRabiz, on 23 November 2011 - 07:10 AM, said:

...Too much deliciousness caused an internal combustion of flavor?!?!!? Lol, hell if I know.

Have you done lava yet? Perhaps hot caramel? I don't know, depends on what you make the water.

I already suggested molten chocolate, and it makes sense, since you find it in chocolate
caves.
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

#15

TheGrimReapR

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

I have many ideas!
lemonade water
Peanut brittle leaves
licorice vines
Chocolate roses
Golden Flowers
Butterscotch or toffee logs
Ice cream bucket snow blocks
Iron ore= Nerds stuck to chocolate
Iron ingot= Bar of pure concentrated food coloring and sugar
Gold ore= Peanut brittle in chocolate
Gold ingot= Pay day bar :]
DIAMOND ORE!!!= little mini cakes in chocolate! everyone knows cakes are awesome.
cobble= cracked chocoalte :[
mossy cobble= old moldy chocolate
stone bricks= candy bar
cracked stone bricks= candy bar with torn wrapper
mossy stone bricks= candy bar with bugs on it
netherrack= White chocolate
soul sand= sugar
Icecream scooper shovel,
Wooden sword= shard of butterscotch
Stone sword= Chocolate club
Iron sword= rainbow sword made of pure food coloring and sugar
Gold sword= peanut brittle scimitar
Diamond sword= sword made of cake!

--Dcpro9 :D
Friends are like trees, they fall over when hit multiple times with an axe.

#16

cooldude1128
  • Location: Somewhere and nowhere
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostTheGrimReapR, on 23 November 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

I have many ideas!
lemonade water
Peanut brittle leaves
licorice vines
Chocolate roses
Golden Flowers
Butterscotch or toffee logs
Ice cream bucket snow blocks
Iron ore= Nerds stuck to chocolate
Iron ingot= Bar of pure concentrated food coloring and sugar
Gold ore= Peanut brittle in chocolate
Gold ingot= Pay day bar :]
DIAMOND ORE!!!= little mini cakes in chocolate! everyone knows cakes are awesome.
cobble= cracked chocoalte :[
mossy cobble= old moldy chocolate
stone bricks= candy bar
cracked stone bricks= candy bar with torn wrapper
mossy stone bricks= candy bar with bugs on it
netherrack= White chocolate
soul sand= sugar
Icecream scooper shovel,
Wooden sword= shard of butterscotch
Stone sword= Chocolate club
Iron sword= rainbow sword made of pure food coloring and sugar
Gold sword= peanut brittle scimitar
Diamond sword= sword made of cake!

--Dcpro9 :D
I already suggested a lot of your things. Sorry. Read my above posts. Like,
netherrack be redhots. and iron and gold as jolly ranchers. Try things I havent suggested.
Sorry again.
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

#17

TheGrimReapR

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

View Postcooldude1128, on 23 November 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

I already suggested a lot of your things. Sorry. Read my above posts. Like,
netherrack be redhots. and iron and gold as jolly ranchers. Try things I havent suggested.
Sorry again.
Hah, just because you've suggested something for a block doesnt mean i can't suggest something else for it, and if i suggest something exactly the same, thats good right? because the more people want something the more likely it will be included into the texture pack

Hope im not offending you :] --Dcpro9
Friends are like trees, they fall over when hit multiple times with an axe.

#18

Fatfatcheeks

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

View PostTheGrimReapR, on 23 November 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hah, just because you've suggested something for a block doesnt mean i can't suggest something else for it, and if i suggest something exactly the same, thats good right? because the more people want something the more likely it will be included into the texture pack

Hope im not offending you :] --Dcpro9
Yes, I completely agree with this, the more the better! Thank you.

As for fluids, I have created chocolate water and molten caramel lava, but I believe a custom client patch is required to change fluids... So I will work on it :/
CandyLand Texture Pack - http://goo.gl/3lG6U

#19

Torcherboy
  • Minecraft: Torcherboy

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Make the grass grey, and change the biome grass shading to a bunch of different colors. Rainbow grass!
Got a problem?
Rub some bacon on it- (402)-88-BACON

#20

Darkshied001
  • Location: Sweden
  • Minecraft: Darkshied001

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Lol, nice, but I don't like the "Minecraft - All you can eat" idea...Not dowloading. But maybe when it's done.
Posted Image