• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jokuc
    Jokuc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

When I try to open minecraft I get an error which says "No NJM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE installed from www.java.com"(Which I know means Java Virtual Machine). I have Windows 7 64-bit and I downloaded the 64-bit java 6 but got this error. It works with 32-bit java 6 but then I can't have render distance on far. Oh yeah one more thing, I thought it would maybe be easier for you to explain if you guys knew my java path, so here it is: "C:\Program\Java\jre6" I also have a folder called "Program (x86)" which java was installed in when I installed 32-bit java without uninstalling the 64-bit one (which is installed in the "Program" folder.) First I thought that I might need to install the 64-bit java in the "Program (x86)" folder (since it worked for the 32-bit one), but then I remembered that x86 is for 32-bit or something. Also, I can't choose the path for my java installation. If you wonder why I have no "Program Files" folder, it's because my PC is Swedish.

Please help me! Thanks.

PS. Of course I have tried to uninstall java and then install the proper 64-bit ver. But it doesn't work.  :( I've also tried everything above with Java 7.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Jokuc
    Jokuc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Ok so now I tried to install Java 7 64-bit in this folder: "C:\Program (x86)\Java\jre7\"
DID NOT WORK. Help :(
Posted Image

Bakugo
    Bakugo

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts
  • Minecraft: bakugo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Possible solution:

1. Go to start menu
2. Click computer
3. Click "System properties" on the top bar
4. Click "Advanced system settings" on top left
5. Go to "Advanced" tab
6. Click "Environment variables"
7. Under "System variables" click "New"
8. In "Variable name" put "EXE4J_JAVA_HOME" and in "Variable value" put the full path to your java installation ex "C:\Program files\Java\jre6"

Now see if it works. If it doesn't, try changing the variable name from "EXE4J_JAVA_HOME" to just "JAVA_HOME"

Posted Image

Jokuc
    Jokuc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Did that, now I get another error saying "The {0} envionment variable does not point to a working 32-bit JDK or JRE" WTF :( Then it says "The JVM found at {0} is damaged. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JRE." Why does it keepon telling me about 32-bit java? Then it tells me that my firewall might be blocking it or something..
Posted Image

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4925 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

View PostJokuc, on 21 November 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

When I try to open minecraft I get an error which says "No NJM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE installed from www.java.com

Are you running in a browser?   Why does it want a 32bit JVM?
If you say "yes", then that is why.  You'd have to run in a 64bit browser (IE 64bit) in order to use a 64bit JVM.
If you say "no", then ... I don't know why, are you sure it's a 64bit OS?

Jokuc
    Jokuc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

I am not running it in a browser. And I am 100% sure I am using a 64-bit OS.
Posted Image

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4925 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

View PostJokuc, on 21 November 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

I am not running it in a browser. And I am 100% sure I am using a 64-bit OS.

Don't know..

It works with 32-bit java 6 but then I can't have render distance on far.
Sure you can.  If it works for you, go for it.
Only some people have problems.

edited:  One last thought.  How old is your launcher?  Maybe downloading a new launcher would help...

Jokuc
    Jokuc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Why can't my minecraft see that I use 64-bit java..? I ran cpuz to be 110% sure that I have 64-bit. And yes, I did. Because I am able to run all other 64-bit programs. Omg this shit is pissing me off..
Posted Image

Jokuc
    Jokuc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hello? Anyone? :(
Posted Image

Jokuc
    Jokuc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

Come on! Someone must know? :(
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Rhohandas

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostJokuc, on 21 November 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

When I try to open minecraft I get an error which says "No NJM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE installed from www.java.com"(Which I know means Java Virtual Machine). I have Windows 7 64-bit and I downloaded the 64-bit java 6 but got this error. It works with 32-bit java 6 but then I can't have render distance on far. Oh yeah one more thing, I thought it would maybe be easier for you to explain if you guys knew my java path, so here it is: "C:\Program\Java\jre6" I also have a folder called "Program (x86)" which java was installed in when I installed 32-bit java without uninstalling the 64-bit one (which is installed in the "Program" folder.) First I thought that I might need to install the 64-bit java in the "Program (x86)" folder (since it worked for the 32-bit one), but then I remembered that x86 is for 32-bit or something. Also, I can't choose the path for my java installation. If you wonder why I have no "Program Files" folder, it's because my PC is Swedish.

Please help me! Thanks.

PS. Of course I have tried to uninstall java and then install the proper 64-bit ver. But it doesn't work.  :( I've also tried everything above with Java 7.

http://www.pchelpfor...lease-help.html