• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I change a biome?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

bigtinyguy

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Is there any way to change an existing biome? Maybe a mod? Is there at least a way for me to remove snow from minecraft?

Register or log in to remove.

Zenety
    Zenety

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

You might be able to delete the snow with MCedit. But it has not been updated for 1.0 yet.

Metasponge64
  • Location: It's a little hard to explain but let me sum it up for you in a few words: Theipunchyouinthefacesohard land basicly.
  • Minecraft: Metasponge64

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

I'd recomend using MCedit to put glass on top of your world so it stops snowing in your world. Or you could use MCedit to copy your home and paste it in a different biome.

EDIT: Its not updated.
When life gives you melons,You can safely assume life ran out of lemons.

Rossage
    Rossage

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

No, unless you change th snow to nosnow on coding
This is a signature. Use it wisely.

bigtinyguy

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

View PostRossage, on 21 November 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

No, unless you change th snow to nosnow on coding
Is there a simple way to do that?

Kyoz23
    Kyoz23

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

Same prob after 1 hit my nice grass land changed into a swamp  :angry:

Now i've got a large city ( still my first world ) so moving it just not going to happen i need a mod or something to remove this damn swamp.

Black_Plasm4
  • Minecraft: Shadowed_s0ul

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

bump

eoin247
    eoin247

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Minecraft: Eoin247

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

Bumping as i'm interesting in this too.

1.0 turned my lovely beachfront city into a winter wonderland >:(

ballermon

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hmm, this thread again. WorldPainter has been suggested before but no guarantee it does what you are expecting of it since I never used it.
Posted Image
Want to help me raise this? Give it a click!

Kyoz23
    Kyoz23

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

View Postballermon, on 01 December 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hmm, this thread again. WorldPainter has been suggested before but no guarantee it does what you are expecting of it since I never used it.

From what i got from the videos i looked up this wont change the biome which is the key prob.

zanarion

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

I'd like to know too if there was a mod for this, i would change some of my forest biomes into tundra. yes i can use golems or world edit but still i cant change rain to snow...
"Dub est aperta porta per quae labitur maxime fatalis hostium."
"Leader is the first servant of his subjects"

ballermon

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

*Grmbl* ... you could always do what I did when I wanted snow for my 1.8.1 file. Cropped out the whole thing with MCEdit as far as my creation reached at the time and planted them smack in the middle of a a forest (or whatever you call it) biome next to a tundra. Just keep creating new worlds until you get a suitable one.
Posted Image
Want to help me raise this? Give it a click!

Stevenguadet

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

New updates cange the biomes of old worlds
Posted Image

dialiga919
  • Minecraft: dialiga919

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

hey, i have an idea, maybye theres a bome code or something in the region files, if you can change that to grassland, maybye it will work!
DIAL! WHAY U NO POKEMON!?!?!

SCX_J200

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Bump

tkmoney01

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

i too am interested in something like this. the way i understand it is when a new update converts a world, the seed changes which screws up all the biomes in your world. now if there were a tool to find out what the seed of your world is before the update and another tool to somehow change the seed back i think it would work. but unfortunately i was not able to turn up much of anything to do that. the closest i came were some outdated mods that let you do world editing. one was a plugin for a bukkit server that was updated for 1.0 i beleve. ive also been trying to find a way to disable winter biomes alltogether because they piss me off. i can deal with other biomes getting switched arround but the snow and ice just become eyesores.

Mijimaru20

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Sorry, can't help you there. Try looking around your world! You'll see new biomes! Do that or make a new world.

Crabmaster
  • Minecraft: crabmaster

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

I myself somewhat need a way to change biomes in chunks.  I am making an adventure map where I am creating all the land myself (Being it is flying islands).  And being I have used the flatgrass world for this (To delete lots of land very fast and to get rid of the void fog) it is a big pain that there are no biomes for some of the areas of this map like the snow island or the desert island.

SterlingArbiter
  • Minecraft: SterlingArbiter

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

It doesn't appear anyone has found a solution to the problem yet.
I myself make custom maps which range up to a few hundred kilometers in size. The the thing that really annoys me are the little tundra biomes that are about 100 meters in diameter. It's very frustrating to have to keep deleting random areas of snow.
A mod that lets you configure biome settings would be great, but as far as I know, no such thing exists.

Whist34
    Whist34

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

I would love a tool that lets you change biomes. In or out of game.