• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

potion making

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

preshzilla

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Ok so im a big fan of minecraft and all but potion making im not fond of. Now i think potion making is confusing and weird. I think they should do some work on it and all. but i do like the enchanment table. That I love. If you agree or disagree with me please write some thing.

Register or log in to remove.

Necromanic

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

The potion crafting tree is too difficult, but besides that I like potions..
Posted Image

BioRules
    BioRules

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1160 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

If anything its not difficult enough. I preferred the first way they designed, with unlimited potential based on ingredients, instead of the really confined method we have now.
Posted Image

wooaa
    wooaa

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

i like the idea, but i dont like how almost all potens requre nether wart. that meens that with out it, you cant realy do anything. if i could change it, i would make it so that you could make more potons with out nether wart.

Jordan739

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I haven't tried it yet.  But it looks really long winded.  I hope i like it when i try it though :D
Posted Image

iJesusMC
    iJesusMC

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1906 posts
  • Minecraft: TheRickBoy
  • Xbox:MotivationRC

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

Too confusing for my little brain.  <_<
Posted Image

anamorphiccaveman

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

I honestly think it has no place in minecraft but whatever.
watch out guys we're dealing with a badass over here.

herobrine believer

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

http://www.minecraft...et/wiki/Brewing this should help if it's too confusing,it helped me.

Posted Image

metroidfood

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

I like it, it's another expansive and creative way to craft unique items. At first I figured the original system with loads of strange combinations would be better, but this method is a lot more convenient and logical.

The only thing it needs is more combinations, but I expect those will be fleshed out after release.

awesome_cmo
  • Minecraft: awesome_cmo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

Really? It's difficult? Explain to me how putting random objects in the top box is difficult. All it is is guess and check, if you can't do guess and check, you shouldn't have been able to even go to the nether to get a blaze rod to make a potion stand.

DeadFingers

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

One post about something already discussed in these forums, yet people keep posting.
Decent troll I say
Posted Image There's a baby dragon inside, and it's all cute and fuzzy. Please help it live :3
I'm the Ender dweller

OpticalShadow

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

id like the returnign of cauldrons. i think it shoudl be a multi step process, instead of the relitivly short one we have now. the curretn stand should distill ingredients into their liquid form, and the cauldron then uses it to mix them.
Posted Image

SevenBillion

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:10 AM

Some of the potion materials you have to go far away just to get them.
Posted Image

Crunkatog

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

View Postanamorphiccaveman, on 21 November 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

I honestly think it has no place in minecraft but whatever.
Same here, but it's there, it's all but required for effective survival, do it.

I've taken a backwards approach, I load up on blank potions and use NBTEdit to add a PID to them so I can start out with like half a dozen each of the potions I think might be useful. I get the hang of how to use them. I make a mental note of which ones are worth the effort to create, and which ones are a waste of time. Then I go to our server and have a good idea of what I want to do, and how to get there / which potions. It is a legit survival server, so I don't have infinite resources and time to waste.

And my server mates are doing somewhat the same, and sharing notes on what potions they found useful.

Try before you buy.

Posted Image

Omegasa
    Omegasa

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Minecraft: Omegasa

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

View PostSevenBillion, on 21 November 2011 - 03:10 AM, said:

Some of the potion materials you have to go far away just to get them.

That's part of the adventure. :3 I like the idea of potion making, it's pretty sweet.
Posted Image

Vilborg
    Vilborg

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2769 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

I'd like it if there were more than the dozen or so potions they added.  Nearly half the effects in the game aren't used.

K_Kinnison said:

If i were a mod, i would be destroying threads like a creeper at a hug-a-thon

Meddyan said:

That's right, this elevator is powered by MURDER and ANIMAL CRUELTY.

Denn said:

Manly blood is both highly acidic AND highly basic, but I'm glad to see you're paying attention.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

orion10222

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

I know the recipes pretty well. It's just getting a blaze rod to even start potion brewing that's the problem for me.

TheZombie
  • Minecraft: PCZombie

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

View PostNecromanic, on 20 November 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

The potion crafting tree is too difficult, but besides that I like potions..

It's actually quite simple. Lemme break it down for ya (these are just the bare minimum of course):

Add Nether Wart to a bottle of water. This is what I like to call a "precursor potion" as it leads up to pretty much everything.

You then have a few choices:

Add a glistering melon for health

Add magma cream for fire resistance

Add a ghast tear for regeneration

Add blaze powder for strength

Add sugar for speed

Add a spider eye for poison, and lastly

Add a fermented spider eye for weakness.

From there you can do one of four things:

1. Use the potion as is
2. Add glowstone to the potion to make it more potent
3. Add redstone to the potion to make it last longer
4. Add gunpowder to make it throwable

This might help you out a bit as well. Any further questions you can PM me
Posted Image

Headspiner
  • Minecraft: Headspiner

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

i got distrackted by ur pic's so im telling you that potion making is awesome and simple once you get to know how to make em :3

BC_Programming
  • Minecraft: BC_Programming

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

It adds loads of potential machines.

People seem to prefer to think of the direct use of potions, without considering the combinations with other items.

I made a "sickbay" where I can go in, press a button, and instantly heal. Well, as long as I keep it stocked with the Instant Health Splash potions it uses. Like using a medical station. I'm going to setup another terminal once I gather some ghast tears for regeneration potions, as well. Similar mechanics could be used for traps and defense systems, in PVP. for example a group of "raiders" could be caught off guard when they find a building crenellated with dispensers with splash potions of weakness, poison, instant damage, etc. Meanwhile, defenders facing enemy fire could be healed during battle by allies or by an automatic dispensing system.

And of course you can throw the splash potions at your enemies, (splash potion of instant health II = MegaElixer, for example.).

And that isn't to mention the possibilities it opens up for adventure maps.