Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft.exe will not open.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

JavaAttack

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

It just won't open, I'm running Vista.
I recently got a virus, and after clearing my computer of it out, I made a new screen on my computer and tried to play Minecraft.

When I click it, No Administrative thing pops up, no Minecraft, nothing.

I allowed Minecraft access to my firewall, I've switched out the jars and everything with my cousins. *We both own Minecraft* Still nothing.
I've also updated Java.. Help?

Register or log in to remove.

Grakiao
    Grakiao

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 440 posts
  • Minecraft: Grakiao

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Try right clicking minecraft.exe and the clicking, >RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Posted Image

JavaAttack

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

View PostGrakiao, on 19 November 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

Try right clicking minecraft.exe and the clicking, >RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Did that, still won't work.
I've also installed my cousin's Minecraft.exe and the one from the website, neither will work but it'll work for him.

Grakiao
    Grakiao

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 440 posts
  • Minecraft: Grakiao

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

You should not share .exes or accounts with ANYONE. Just saying, your on your own.
Posted Image

JavaAttack

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

View PostGrakiao, on 19 November 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

You should not share .exes or accounts with ANYONE. Just saying, your on your own.
We don't share accounts, we both own our own Minecraft users.

whiteluigi
    whiteluigi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • Minecraft: Whiteluigi

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Try using the launcher for Linux as it works on Windows

JavaAttack

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Didn't work x.x
I wonder what's going on.

Quickcraft

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

i use windows and when i try to play minecraft the same thing happens to me, it doesn't launch.

1Megaprime96

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

delete the whole .minecraft map (copy your texture packs and world maps if you want)

and delete the launcher again then try again, if that doesnt work, try the browser version of minecraft

Posted Image

MinecraftPROguy

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

browser mode wont work XD and i tried all the suggestions here already, I have no viruses ad Im on windows 7 64bit.
thx if u can help

Anakinkyle
  • Minecraft: anakinkyle

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

I have no clue, I'm running the exact same operating system, and it works fine for me.
Posted Image

MinecraftPROguy

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

:(

I downloaded an alternative called spoutcraft.

its a client mod designed to work with bukkit minecraft servers and a spout plugin.

works fine, minecraft still wont work. My java is also updated.

help spoutcraft runs 1/5 of my normal framerate and is unuseable D:

helppppppppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wishiwascool

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

i have this same problem, i double click the minecraft.exe and it does nothing. i have tried deleting the .minecraft folder and redownloading the .exe, still nothing. if anyone has any solution to this plz halp.

edi: i believe i have fixed it by downgrading my java to 1.6.0_30 32-bit. don't know where to find the 64-bit version of that particular version of java sadly.

Kirov099
    Kirov099

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: Kirov099

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

I'm having a similar problem and I'm certain it's related to the Java update. I'm running xp and minecraft 1.7.3 if it matters.

I neglected to update Java for quite a while and minecraft worked fine. When I did update, minecraft continued to work, but my entire computer became unbearably slow. I did a system restore to revert back to the previous version of java, and my computer works fine now. However, minecraft.exe will not open. I've already tried replacing it with a fresh .exe and completely replacing .minecraft with working files. Nothing worked.

If someone could help me, that would be nice.
Posted Image

MinecraftPROguy

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

Fixed mine a while ago. turned out it was from some kind of conflict with java addons for browsers. do another system restore to an earlier date or uninstall any newly installed programs that modify java.

eddieisawesome
  • Minecraft: eddie536290

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

This happened to me too. I had a virus on my computer then i did a system restore and now i can't open minecraft. I have the newest java and i have tried all of these things people are saying but none work. I want to play minecraft with my friends. And It has to be something with java because my servers don't work either they run off java and it gives me this error

Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

I don't know what that means but can someone tell me. I think it has to do with java

The_First_Minecraftian

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

View PostMinecraftPROguy, on 23 December 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

I downloaded an alternative called spoutcraft.

its a client mod designed to work with bukkit minecraft servers and a spout plugin.

works fine, minecraft still wont work. My java is also updated.

help spoutcraft runs 1/5 of my normal framerate and is unuseable D:

helppppppppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Disable the mini-map

Akkamuna
    Akkamuna

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: ROBLOXian3455

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

I think I have a solution to all this. Minecraft is not working because you currently do NOT have java running in your background. Press Ctrl, Alt, Delete keys all at one time, and click on 'Start Task Manager'. You will then see the tabs and what you have running currently. Click on the tab at the top called 'Processes'. You will then see some program names, What your computer name is, memory it takes and description. Check if you see something running called 'javae.exe' If you don't that's your problem. If you do, then you should be fine to run it again. If this doesn't work, you have to try something else.
Oh, right, and don't share your folder with anyone, even if they are your cousins. They can take the 'Lastlogin' text file and login to your account.

Sam_Davis

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I have tried all of the above, but how do i get the 'Javae.exe' to work?

Atleast i now know why it isnt working.

Gamersman802

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostSam_Davis, on 26 June 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I have tried all of the above, but how do i get the 'Javae.exe' to work?

Atleast i now know why it isnt working.

Go to run and type java.exe then hit run. He made a typo, it's not javae.exe, it's java.exe.
http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yzEKgDAQBdF-T_GtUgki5AIWFkEPEXQNEUlgsxFyextJMd0bp5Gl5IQRrhZFy1XAL0s7fcMeEx_iL2UZaGM1BYEVHmcMISZD979Tl7Q8VaRhzcJFaba2N31PViRS.png