• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Version Switcher - easy way to switch between different MC versions!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

gronostaj
  • Minecraft: gronostaj

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hi everybody!

I've made a very simple tool which allows you to easily switch between different Minecraft versions. You can add as many different versions as you want. You can even switch between patched and vanilla JARs of the same version!

Download link: <CLICK!> (v1.1)

Installation:
(If you're updating from 1.0, skip step 0. and replace all existing files at step 2.)
0. Prepare main JARs (minecraft.jar) of MC versions you want to switch between, except the one you already have installed. Put them in the directory where Minecraft.exe is.
1. Download the file linked above.
2. Extract all its contents to where your Minecraft.exe is.
3. Run the INSTALL_SWITCHER script.
4. Give your current version a name. Its JAR will be copied to the launcher's directory.
5. Done!

Usage:
Just run Minecraft.exe. You'll be asked if you want to switch to another version. Click [Yes] to run the recently played one or [No] to select another.
You can copy any other JAR file to the directory where Minecraft.exe is stored and use it with Switcher too.

Posted Image

Changelog:
v1.1:
- JARs aren't included anymore - gdscei suggests to use MCNostalgia to get previous versions of MC.
- Installer automatically captures your current JAR.
- Total rewrite, maybe some bugs were fixed ;)
- Added uninstaller script.

v1.0:
- Initial release.

If you've found any bug, please PM me or post in this thread.
gronostaj

Register or log in to remove.

ULT1MATEGAMER

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

nice! but isnt distributing the minecraft.jar illegal, just sayin :/

qwertyuiopthepie

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Useful program, but you really should remove the preincluded ones.  That way people can still use it and you avoid some trouble.

jariiscool

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

can any1 virus scan? only 1 post :S
Posted Image

Slay3R?
    Slay3R?

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

View Postjariiscool, on 19 November 2011 - 12:33 PM, said:

can any1 virus scan? only 1 post :S

http://www.virustota...e421-1321705887

Seems clear

gronostaj

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

View PostULT1MATEGAMER, on 19 November 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

nice! but isnt distributing the minecraft.jar illegal, just sayin :/

Yeah, I've thought about it. But without launcher it's unplayable anyway, and if you want to use Switcher, it means that you already have minecraft.jar downloaded. So I guess it's fine.

I'll try to make JARless version too.

If you're afraid of viruses, you can replace JARs with your own ones and download MortScript from sto-helit.de.
gronostaj

gdscei
    gdscei

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2013 posts
  • Minecraft: gdscei

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

View Postgronostaj, on 19 November 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

Yeah, I've thought about it. But without launcher it's unplayable anyway, and if you want to use Switcher, it means that you already have minecraft.jar downloaded. So I guess it's fine.

I'll try to make JARless version too.

If you're afraid of viruses, you can replace JARs with your own ones and download MortScript from sto-helit.de.

Actually, I suggest you remove the JARs immediately, before Mojang or the MCF moderators get a hold of you ;)

We can get earlier Minecraft JARs from MCNostalgia legally, so that way it'll be possible.
Pl@netCraft new survival server looking for builders! http://www.minecraft...-economy-towns/
Posted Image

gronostaj

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Little update. JARs are not included anymore. You can update by overwriting old files and running install script again, but if you don't face any problems with v1.0, better don't touch it ;)
gronostaj

Chris The Candyman
  • Minecraft: Im_Justin_Bieber

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Really helpful thanks :D now I can easily play my super hostile maps or normal minecraft with ease
Posted Image

ibid49
    ibid49

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Notice, This switcher was interfering with a mod I wanted to use, so I uninstalled it, and the uninstall process deleted all my minecraft-XXX.jar files - my own archived copies of the files which I had copied manually into the folder.  Not cool.

astralprojectee

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

BUMP just a note on this thread you can now download the new minecraft launcher, and switch versions from there. ;)