Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't connect to minecraft.net


  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1

ragone
    ragone

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:13 AM

I still have yet to solve my issue of not being able to connect to minecraft.net when trying to log in. When I double click the launcher, there is no news feed and it shows (<html><body><font color="#808080"><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><center>Failed to update news<br>java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect</center></font></body></html>) text with a grey background. Anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Jwilliams
  • Minecraft: jmwilliams

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

View Postragone, on 19 November 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

I still have yet to solve my issue of not being able to connect to minecraft.net when trying to log in. When I double click the launcher, there is no news feed and it shows (<html><body><font color="#808080"><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><center>Failed to update news<br>java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect</center></font></body></html>) text with a grey background. Anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Download the launcher again.

http://www.minecraft.net/download

#3

menlogear

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

i have this same problem only i can't log into the website to

#4

ragone
    ragone

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

View PostJwilliams, on 19 November 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

Download the launcher again.

http://www.minecraft.net/download
I tried this and still have the same issue.

#5

ragone
    ragone

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Anyone have any ideas?

#6

ThePieNinja
  • Location: Right behind you...
  • Minecraft: ThePieNinja

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Sometimes the website is offline for some reason (Maintenance most probably). This means that when you try to play Minecraft, when you log in, it says "Can't connect to Minecraft.net".
Posted Image

#7

doogler
    doogler

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

View PostThePieNinja, on 19 November 2011 - 10:45 PM, said:

Sometimes the website is offline for some reason (Maintenance most probably). This means that when you try to play Minecraft, when you log in, it says "Can't connect to Minecraft.net".

no, it says you dont have an account, which is a bunch of shit because I have been playing or 6 months

#8

ragone
    ragone

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

View PostThePieNinja, on 19 November 2011 - 10:45 PM, said:

Sometimes the website is offline for some reason (Maintenance most probably). This means that when you try to play Minecraft, when you log in, it says "Can't connect to Minecraft.net".

No because for the last 1-2 months this has occured and I have been unable to connect to minecraft.net

#9

Jacko1015

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:32 AM

try this

1. go into minecraft. to do this go into run and type %appdata% and then click in minecraft.
2. go into bin and then open minecraft with winrar.
3. delete META-INF
4. START PLAYING!!

#10

Verlimont
  • Minecraft: Verlimont

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

why cant i connect to minecraft.net? ive turned my firewall off and everything im on colorado.. but i just went to minecraft.net on my cell and it worked why is this happening!

#11

trag_oul
    trag_oul

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

this may seem kinda weird.. but this worked for me... I had a power outage so my computer got all confused and thought it was 2002.... couldnt log into minecraft... apparently having the date set wrong messes with java... so once I fixed the date I was able to log in again!

#12

Clouds98
    Clouds98

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Minecraft: Kayla or Bubbles00

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

It's very weird because I can go on minecraft.net on my other computer. I think it's just the computer or the internet :/

#13

WoppyFloppy

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

I have the problem as well, problem is i don't have the bin file anymore. and i can't download it.

#14

lefty_wright

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostJacko1015, on 22 November 2011 - 06:32 AM, said:

try this

1. go into minecraft. to do this go into run and type %appdata% and then click in minecraft.
2. go into bin and then open minecraft with winrar.
3. delete META-INF
4. START PLAYING!!
cant go on the damn site

#15

DRUNK_SOB

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

SOME REAL INSIGHT FROM.. a guy :iapprove:

same PROBLEM: this a java Socket Exception caused because java.net did not like the way this  
              webpage was coded and refused to connect to minecraft.net (most likely because of
              a insecure nature of the way it was trying to connect, or
              security problem with the webpage)

SOLUTION:     someone needs to re-code this webpage so that the minecraft client can use it
              With java correctly. (NAG YOUR LOCAL MINECRAFT DEVELOPER NAG,NAG,nag nag nag nag)

WHAT U CAN DO
IN THE MEANTIME:
this seems to happen with jre7(java 7 Runtime Environment) on 64bit systems
                 mostly but not on jre6.so..
                 1. uninstall java 7.. (control panel>uninstall a program>java)
                 2. download java 6 update 30
                 3. run it,install it,restart then see if that fixed it
                 4. if not.. update your Operating System, check firewall, antivirus, router
                     delete
                    .minecraft and re-download minecraft. AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS YOUR COMPUTER
                    HATES YOU AND R.T.F.M.!

#16

AkshayX
    AkshayX

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

Seriously they are charging 26 bucks a game and no official support on this ..

#17

Brad!
    Brad!

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 430 posts
  • Location: In your Closet....
  • Minecraft: siikshotzz

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostDRUNK_SOB, on 28 December 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

SOME REAL INSIGHT FROM.. a guy :iapprove:

same PROBLEM: this a java Socket Exception caused because java.net did not like the way this  
              webpage was coded and refused to connect to minecraft.net (most likely because of
              a insecure nature of the way it was trying to connect, or
              security problem with the webpage)

SOLUTION:     someone needs to re-code this webpage so that the minecraft client can use it
              With java correctly. (NAG YOUR LOCAL MINECRAFT DEVELOPER NAG,NAG,nag nag nag nag)

WHAT U CAN DO
IN THE MEANTIME:
this seems to happen with jre7(java 7 Runtime Environment) on 64bit systems
                 mostly but not on jre6.so..
                 1. uninstall java 7.. (control panel>uninstall a program>java)
                 2. download java 6 update 30
                 3. run it,install it,restart then see if that fixed it
                 4. if not.. update your Operating System, check firewall, antivirus, router
                     delete
                    .minecraft and re-download minecraft. AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS YOUR COMPUTER
                    HATES YOU AND R.T.F.M.!


Does that work?

#18

BorealisPhoenix
  • Location: Digital World

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Everyone that is having this issue seems to be having the same problem I am. I hope the next few people that read this can look this over a little closer because somethings a bit more wrong than deleting and re-downloading. I will list off the technical factor and see if this gleans some light.

1. The same issue is on two of my computers the old crappy one and the brand new one. (these are my kids computers)
2. The third computer works fine and is full modded out with 20 mods that I was able to id correct them by hand to make it run smoothly. (I know how minecraft works pretty at this point)
3. The brand new one had nothing installed, straight from the manufacturer. Plugged it in and downloaded the game so my kids could play. (I turned off the windows firewall first because I rely on a router firewall.)
4. Don't assume I am leaving some moronic misdeed out that lead me to screw my computer up. I worked for Sony Viao and know how people will leave out something because they think it has no real effect.
   If That is not enough proof. I just moved to Florida and got my network setup. The new computer was in the post office wait for us and I hooked it up to keep my kids out of my hair. Tried to set the minecraft up and low and behold it says can't connect to minecraft.net. No mods no nothing was done and it had the issue. since then I checked my java and it is version 6 update 30 and I updated windows all the way up to present releases. The computer hardrive is clean.

So the question is if you have a newly bought computer with no malware spyware or firewall or anything else in the whole world is on the computer (it might as well have just been formated and reinstalled. Why would it not run in windows mode or from the exe?

#19

AegisTheGoat

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

For whatever reason, Minecraft's servers are down right now, which means that your Minecraft client can't access anything that is stored online.  You can still play offline if you have already successfully logged into the client on the computer at least once.  Otherwise, you will have to wait for the servers to go back up before playing.
Posted Image

#20

MasterConskill

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

please disregard this reply, I failed =)
Posted Image