Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

In-Game Skin Changer

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

CdnXxRRODxX
  • Minecraft: CdnXxRRODxX

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

It would be much more convenient to change your skin on the fly either in-game, or from the main menu at least. Rather than uploading an image to the official website.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

platium1337
  • Minecraft: platium1337

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

i found like that too
Posted Image

BlueMiner
  • Minecraft: epicjaydude

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

yes, it would but that would be hard for notch and jeb
Want Free Money On Steam??? Click The Link --->http://www.steampowers.net?join=78514 No Scam or Virus!

Darkhax
    Darkhax

Haxor Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 4073 posts
  • Minecraft: darkhax

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

its made like this so people have to buy an account to have a skin

Posted Image

mistereddy9044
  • Location: in Some far away place called Europe, in a province of europe called The NETHERlands, got it? :P
  • Minecraft: mistereddy

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

it could be done, but you still get an external window to choose your skin, or find it however you want to call it.
and to be honest, it isnt hard to go to the website, login, and change your skin? altho it would be quicker, i think it demands alot of coding. but maybe its possible for a future update? :)

1Haus1
    1Haus1

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Minecraft: _Haus_

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Not that hard to code, stop using that argument. None of you have any experience with coding.

Doing it from the official website is anything but convenient, since the page for changing your skin is hidden in the back pages and you have to get a link from Minecraft Planet.

There needs to be an official "character creator" similar to an existing mod that allows everybody to create skins, and then an official section of minecraft.net that allows you to browse player skins just like Spore. No, that wouldnt be copyright infringement.
Seriously, there needs to viewable crafting recipes in the game. Go support this idea.
Posted Image Also click on my profile to view my space thread under find content.

hat_sg
    hat_sg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

here's my idea:

a new block, a cupboard block ( wait, not finished yet )

you go to minecraft.net, and upload your skins. you have a default, and a cupboard. logging into the server gives you the default skin. from the cupboard, you select skins that you uploaded, so you still need a ledgit account, and you can change clothes, only at your home. if you really want to know how to make a cupboard, its
:Logs^:  :White:  :Logs^:

the logs are planks
Posted Image
i'm on a boat!

Homem Pigman

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

View Postdarkh4x, on 18 November 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

This.

I think it's simpler this way. No need to make it in-game.

Doing it from the official website is anything but convenient, since the page for changing your skin is hidden in the back pages and you have to get a link from Minecraft Planet.

You go there to buy the game. No need for MCPlanet link.

Posted Image

Zalvager
    Zalvager

Farlander

• Members
  • 17392 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Since skins are client sides, it wouldn't be possible :)

hat_sg
    hat_sg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

skins are server side. you upload them to minecraft.net
Posted Image
i'm on a boat!

immacrazyaussie

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Posthat_sg, on 18 November 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

here's my idea:

you go to minecraft.net, and upload your skins. you have a default, and a cupboard. logging into the server gives you the default skin. from the cupboard, you select skins that you uploaded, so you still need a ledgit account, and you can change clothes, only at your home. if you really want to know how to make a cupboard, its

the logs are planks

That's the idea i wanted to see something in game but still needing to have a Paid account.

0xDEADMEAT
  • Minecraft: 0xDEADMEAT

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Bump.

Skins are server-sided, and can be uploaded after signing into the Minecraft.net authentication server. Using the sign-in from the launcher which is read by any SMP server you join, the in-game changer would have permission that allows you to change your skin in-game. It could easily be coded similar to the "Open texture packs folder" button, which opens Windows Explorer/OSX Finder, but set it to look for .png files, and after selecting upload them to the Minecraft.net skin server under your account name. Even possibly have a Skins folder in the .minecraft directory, and have it work like the Texture Packs menu. If Jeb wanted to do it, he'd have no problem.
Now, if you chose offline mode or the new 1.3.1 demo mode, the skins menu would not open. That simple! The whole "cupboard" thing is somewhat ridiculous, no offense. I might even make a mock-up in Paint.net and make a topic on it in suggestions.
Posted Image

user_1259045

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

I believe this is already planned.
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

DontStealMyBacon
  • Minecraft: DontStealMyBacon

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostDarkHax, on 18 November 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

Well you could still select multiple skins on the official minecraft website and be able to switch between them within the game, just like texture packs are now. Still requires you to log in and verify that you own minecraft and you dont always have to use the same skin.
Posted Image

KamJam99
  • Minecraft: KamJam99

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Posthat_sg, on 18 November 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

here's my idea:

the logs are planks

That, is a BRILLIANT idea.
Please click that green + sign to show if I helped you at all or you liked my post! It helps alot ;)  
https://dl.dropboxus...funny thing.png Posted Image

0Eliteshadow0
  • Minecraft: 0Eliteshadow0

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Sounds like a good idea but how would it be implemented? Mojang would have to make an official skin creator as well if they release this.
Posted Image

CNMustang

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

I just got the game with a gift code, but I can't change the skin with my profile. I need some help.

Manningliu
  • Minecraft: manningliu

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Maybe you could upload a 'set' of skins onto Minecraft.net and be able to switch between them in game.

Riolu
    Riolu

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1642 posts
  • Minecraft: RioluMCF

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

17 replies, for a small suggestion like this...

But anyways, this isn't really needed since I wouldn't really see anyone changing skins that frequently.
Posted Image

xSatuim
    xSatuim

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3101 posts
  • Minecraft: Satuim

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Definitely
It would be worth it
This account is unused!
NEW ACCOUNT