Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[MoD] ControllerBlock | SMP : 3.1 † SSP : Updated for 1.2.6

• Please log in to reply
902 replies to this topic

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:21 AM

CONTROLLER BLOCK SMP Version 3.1 !!

Well at last I finished the SMP plugin version !!!
It took me a LOOOOT of time as I completely remade the data system, the way it works so it could be a SMP mod!

No modified client requiered !
Plugin Only !

Here is the Hey0's mod plugin :
http://dl.dropbox.co...CBSmpPlugin.jar

to install : put the file in the plugin folder and add "CBSmpPlugin" (with caps) in the plugin entry in your server.properties file!

Version 3.0 changes the following things :
- Ladder + fences temporarly disabled as not working properly at the moment
- Removed the "on login" message
- Bug fix : Now you can activate the rune by clicking on the sides of the Iron block Fail..
- The controller block Data will be automaticaly moved from the bin folder of your server to folder World/controllerBlock folder.
- SECURITY UPDATE : Now you have to be able to use the /ControllerBlock command to be able to place a ControllerBlock somewhere (Register this command in the groups you let use the controllerBlock)
-The rune is changed again, hoping for the last time to this :

:D  :Red:   :--+:
:Red:  :D  :Red:
:--+:   :Red:   :--+:

With :  :--+: = Regular torch
:Red: = RedstoneDust
:Spider: = Iron Block

Changelog V2
-1st attempt to fix the bug some of you experienced on linux or macs! tell me if it works
- change the rune to be compatible with RuneCraft! (and failed)

- Now destroying the controllerBlock gives back the redstone torch and redstone dust!

Once linux and mac won't have trouble to process the mod I will add some features like indestructibility if enough rights / or obsedian / or something else (I will think about it)
I will add the secret lever
I may add some new sensors (not sure as there isn't "block around has change" HOOK as you there is when you make the mod in SSP)

How to make a controller block (it is a bit different from SSP versions)

1) make this Rune :

:--+:  :Red:   :--+:
:Red:  :Green:  :Red:
:--+:   :Red:   :--+:

With :  :--+: = Regular torch
:Red: = RedstoneDust
:Sheep: = Iron Block

2) Left click the Rune !, now your controllerBlock is built !

Posted Image

3) Choose some blocks to place as changing blocks in your craft inventory like here :

(Slot 1 = blocks that spawn when the controllerBlock is powered
Slot2 = blocks that spawn when the controllerBlock isn't powered)

Here slot 1 is wood, slot 2 is sand !!

Posted Image

4) Take a stick and left click somewhere in the world, your changing block spawn

Posted Image

5) When you placed all your changing blocks, left click the block again ! Your controllerBlock is set and ready !!

Posted Image

6) Activate it by powering some redstone dust ON THE TOP OF IT !!

Posted Image

7) Enjoy !! :)
[/color]

Posted Image

Please read next post about SSP

[]  []  :Notch:  []  []
[]  []  :SSSS:  []  []
[]  []  :Blue:  []  []
[]  []  :Pig:  []  []
:Red:  :Red:  :Red:  :P  :D  
[]  :D  :D  :D  []
[]  []   :D  []  []

Register or log in to remove.

Sunrise_78

SSP VERSION :

Hi!

I want to introduce you my new Mod : the Controller Bloc (If you have a better name please tell :Red: )

I don't know if you have heard of my BridgeBlock Mod (Bridge Block Mod). It is a mod that makes blocs interract with redstone, so you are able to build a lot of cool stuff like a drawbridge, a floodgate, some traps, some fancy doors, some hidden passages.

But there was some big defects :
- A lot of blocs had to be powered by redstone so even simple things like drawbridge were hard to make for beginners!
- As the mod have to take care that you are indeed building a bridge when placing your blocs, the java code of the mod was very complex and so hard to update. Bugs were hard to fix too.
- Even if the bridge bloc mod offered a lot of possibilities, there was still some things that remained very hard to build (There are example in the bridge bloc mod topic)

So I made a new, easier and more powerfull bloc : the Controller Bloc!

How does it work ?

Here is a video for quick understanding, Thanks to myDoom

myDooM said:

yC4eFHc7BGE

Explanations :
1_) Put the Controller Bloc On the floor
2_) When you right click it, 25 Changing blocs are offered to you
3_) Now, you can place anywhere you want from 1 to 25 changing blocs in a radius of 32 blocs near the Controller Bloc
4_) Right click one of those bloc and put one bloc in each slot depending what you want to do (leave blanc if you want air)
5_) When you are done, double left click the Controller Bloc!
6_) Power or unpower the Controller Bloc to see the result

Note : You can set up only one Controller Bloc at a time! (But as soon as you doubled clicked, the bloc is set up and you can do it again !)
If you destroy some Changing Bloc when the Controller Bloc is ready, at the next change state, your controller Bloc will break and be turn into Gravel !
You can put lava bucket, water bucket and  {SMILIES_PATH}/flintnsteel.png if you want changing blocs that spawn water, lava or fire!

Here is the recipe :
:Green:  :Sheep:  :Notch:
:SSSS:  :D  :Blue:
:Pig:  :Red:  :Red:  (with  :Spider:  = Redstone Dust)

So I made this mod for you to tell me if you like the idea, if you think about improvments please tell!

Notes : This mod isn't compatible with Bridge Bloc Mod!
This may not be compatible with HD texture yet!
The gui is ugly, feel free to post a new one if you have graphic skill!
The Mod is working Only with 303 modLoader, don't redownload 303 ModLoader neither Download Risugami's one. Just paste the files in minecraft.jar

V1.1 fix the spawned glass bloc above everything that I put for testing purpose
V1.3 fix bugs and add possibility to put water bucket, lava bucket and flint and steal in changing blocs.(see first post Page 6 for more details)
V1.5 Fix 2 other bugs and the floodgate function. the mod seems bug free, next step is secret lever in V2
V1.9 fixes all the trouble you may have had when trying to harvest cactus or making a wireless redstone transmitter trying to spawn a redstone torch.
Moreover V1.9 is now fully compatible with 303 modloader, I don't overwrite any files any more, so COntrollerBlock Mod should be compatible with any mod that works with 303 ModLoader !
V2.0 Fix the ladder and fences problems, and make the mod works with MC 1.2.3_02
UPDATED TO v1.2.6

Posted Image

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE INSTALLING THIS MOD, CHECK : viewtopic.php?p=1310829#p1310829
Delete your controller.dat in your World folder if you can't place Controller BLocks.
Download Link : http://dl.dropbox.co...163/CB126_2.zip

Sunrise_78

Things you can do with a ControllerBloc :

1_) Windmill by salisburymistake

salisburymistake said:

jziYyrD4-Ls

2_) Harbor portcullis by Verrou

Verrou said:

5fcidmI1bC8

3_) A house with light switch, secret doors, secret traps and secret stairs by eminate

eminate said:

ZUz1Im_3-NI

4_) Incinerator, Secret Passageway, Fountain by Hughmister

Hughmister said:

MMAlY5U9owk

5_) Retractable minecart Rails by ikkyino

ikkyino said:

0dRCJi8Za50

6_) FloodGate Automatic Crops Harvesting by myDooM

myDooM said:

Gt--PherVz0

7_) Automatic gare door example By Rustywolf

Rustywolf said:

_k3CXrqEwcA

7_) A Drawbridge (with seen logic gates) by Tornament

Tornament said:

61EPtJhFFvo

BlazeShaman

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:33 AM

Looks pretty cool, disappointing that you can only place one but that's probably a limitation you can't get around.
:D
May give it a try soon.

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:35 AM

No you can place as many as you want, but you can only set up one at a time as the changing blocs you put on the floor will be automatically bonded to this Controller Bloc

soydaniel96

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

Really nice Sunrise :D
But, do I need to delete my previous bridges ? I feel lazy about it..
Maps I support:
- Imperial Lands by lolo500
- PortalCraft by Leggos_My_Eggos

Mods & Tools I support:
- DJoslin's Creations by DJoslin
- mIDas by Pfaeff
- Programmable CPU by Biohazard

OmegaX123
  • Minecraft: OmegaX123

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:38 AM

I think it's good in theory, just either a)give more 'changing blocks' and widen the radius, or b)allow more 'controller blocks' to be placed (as your description says it only supports one at a time). I don't know how easy/hard this would be, so don't jump on me if I'm making a practically-impossible request, but if it's not too hard, I think this would be a good idea.

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:40 AM

@soydaniel96 : Bridge Bloc and Controller blocs are for now incompatible so yeah if you have already the bridge bloc Mod, don't install this on your old save, I would suggest to wait until I'm sure this version is bug free. (It should be but I feel guilty about making you remake all your bridges over and over so I would prefer you to wait ^^).
And when you will want some easier way to make bridges, come to this !

@OmegaX123 : you can place as many controller blocs as you want, just setting up one at a time, sorry I didn't use the right expression ! (I'm not so good at english ^^)

soydaniel96

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:42 AM

@Sunrise: Too late.. Oh well, MCEdit time  :Zombie:
Maps I support:

Mods & Tools I support:
- mIDas by Pfaeff

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

Downloading back bridge block mod should take your save back as it was ! :Zombie:

wrugoin
    wrugoin

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but how do you craft a "ControllerBloc"?    Is it the same formula as a Bridge Bloc?

Ah..  It seemed like I asked a bit before you finished creating the thread.    Thanks.  I'll be playing with it tonight to see what I think.   I loved Bridge Bloc, I hope this will be just as good if not better.

The Shadow

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

Hmm.  This looks *really* versatile and fun.  I have only one half-hearted objection...  The Bridge blocks were easily explainable as a simple mechanism.  This, though, seems almost like magic - blocks popping out of thin air from a distance.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Question:  Are the spawned blocks "genuine" blocks, or just textured ones?  For example, if I use a controller block to spawn an obsidian portal, will it work when I light it?  Or do I just get a 4x5 ring of something that looks like obsidian, but isn't?

soydaniel96

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

Black screen lulz
And yes, I deleted META-INF
Maps I support:

Mods & Tools I support:
- mIDas by Pfaeff

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:57 AM

soydaniel96 said:

Black screen lulz
And yes, I deleted META-INF
Try with a new minecraft.jar ?

wrugoin said:

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but how do you craft a "ControllerBloc"?    Is it the same formula as a Bridge Bloc?
Not at all, I forgot to put the recipe ! it is :

:stone:  :stone:  :stone:
:stone:  :SSSS:  :stone:
:stone:  :stone:  :stone:  (with  :P  = Redstone ) !

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

The Shadow said:

Hmm.  This looks *really* versatile and fun.  I have only one half-hearted objection...  The Bridge blocks were easily explainable as a simple mechanism.  This, though, seems almost like magic - blocks popping out of thin air from a distance.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Question:  Are the spawned blocks "genuine" blocks, or just textured ones?  For example, if I use a controller block to spawn an obsidian portal, will it work when I light it?  Or do I just get a 4x5 ring of something that looks like obsidian, but isn't?

I completely agree with you on the first point; In fact, the first name I wanted to give this mod is Magic bloc, but on an other hand, bridge blocs were magic too, and here you still have to provide the blocs you want to put, just think of it as a command that activate a bloc machine.

And moreover, even with bridge blocs, people made machines like traps or hidden secret passages, I really think (on my point of view) I can get use to this kind of system to make new traps and machines. If you have a suggestion to make it less magical, please tell :P

About the spawned blocks, they are indeed genuine so lava will flow, obsedian will spawn portal etc .. !

Rustywolf

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:51 AM

you should really remove the glass blocks that spawn above everything...

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:58 AM

Sorry lol it was for testing purpose .. i'm uploading the v1.1

Sunrise_78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:03 AM

I made the fix, sorry about that ! http://dl.dropbox.co...lerBlocV1.1.zip

Rustywolf

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:08 AM

Sweet.

Awesome job on this.
I just built a bridge! wait a second...

drenith
    drenith

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:24 AM

As a huge fan of your BridgeBlock, I've gotta say this is a nice improvement. Will be much easier to make redstone powered staircases and traps with the wireless ability. Downloading NOW! :)